Are you stressed out? Are your muscles cramped and aching? Our modern lifestyle tends to do this to you. These days, our work life is so stressful and our time to relax is limited. Very few of us find the time to just chill. The result is anxiety and stress. A hot tub, however, allows you to soak the problems away, or if not, at least give you the chance to relax. Plus, healthwise, it is good for you! These days, however, hot tub reviews are to be found everywhere! This makes finding the one that is perfect for you difficult.
To make life easier, we have compiled some information every prospective hot tub buyer needs to know about hot tubs, plus, our team has looked over a number of hot tubs and made a list of the best hot tubs around. The information allows you to make a better choice before buying the best hot tub for your needs – and your pocket.
But before making that final decision, isn’t it a good idea to learn more about hot tubs? Did you know there are different types? Knowing these differences puts you in a position to choose the right hot tub for your needs – and pocket!
Best Hot Tub Reviews Consumer Reports
- 1 Best Hot Tub Reviews Consumer Reports
- 1.1 1. Aquarest Spas Premium 300 2-Person 20 Jet Hot Tub Reviews
- 1.2 2. Aquarest Spas Select 150 4 Person Hot Tub
- 1.3 3. Aquarest Spas Select 400 Hot Tub Reviews
- 1.4 4. Aquarest Spas Elite 500 5-Person 29-Jet Hot Tub: The Good and the Bad
- 1.5 5. Aquarest Spas DayDream 6-Person 45-Jet Hot Tub Reviews
- 1.6 6. Aquarest Spas Elite 600 reviews
- 1.7 7. Lifesmart Bermuda DXL (LS100DX) 20 Jet 4 Person Hot Tub Spa
- 1.8 8. Lifesmart Coronado DLX LS600DX 65 Jet 7-Person Hot Tub
- 1.9 9. Lifesmart SPA Retreat DLX 5-Person 28-Jet
- 1.10 10. Lifesmart LS700DX 7 Person 90 Jet Spa with underwater light and ozone care system
- 1.11 11. Lifesmart LS550 5-Person 45-Jet Hot Tub
- 1.12 12. Lifesmart Spas Tierra 5-Person 60-Jet Hot Tub with Ozonator
- 1.13 13. American Spas 2 Person 28 Jet Premium Acrylic Hot Tub
- 1.14 14. American Spas 7 Person 30 Jet Hot Tub
- 1.15 15. American Spas Glory 7 Person 40 Jet Premium Acrylic
- 1.16 16. QCA Spas Cordoba 2-Person 16-Jet Hot Tub
- 1.17 17. QCA Spas Malta 4 Person Plug and Play 10 Jet Hot Tub
- 1.18 18. Home and Garden Spas 3-Person 38 Jet Hot Tub
- 1.19 19. Futura Spas 6-Person 88-Jet Hot Tub
- 1.20 20. Futura Spas 8 Person 88 Jet Hot Tub
- 1.21 21. Hudson Bay 6-Person 19 Jet Hot Tub
- 1.22 22. Canadian Spa Toronto 6- Person 44 Jet Spa
- 1.23 23. Canadian Spa Company St Lawrence 16 ft 15 Person 72 Jet Swim Spa
- 1.24 24. Cyanna Valley Spas 6-Person 21 Jet
- 1.25 25. ALFI brand Fire Hot Tub-OR Round Fire Burning
- 2 The Therapeutic Effects of Hot Tubs
- 3 Hot Tub Accessories & How They Work
- 4 The Ideal Hot Tub Temperature
- 5 Caring for the Water in Your Hot Tub
- 6 Maintaining Your Hot Tub
- 7 How to Winterize a Hot Tub
- 8 Why Buy A Hot Tub?
- 9 What You Need to Consider Before buying Hot Tub
- 10 Hot Tub FAQs
- 11 Conclusion
Choosing the best hot tubs for you might seem a difficult job indeed. So we have taken a look at different hot tubs to get you started in your search.
1. Aquarest Spas Premium 300 2-Person 20 Jet Hot Tub Reviews
This spa can host 2 people comfortably, and it is very easy to install and maintain.
Besides, it comes with one of the most impressive upgrades with two-speed pumps, two bucket loungers, an ozone purification system, and 20 powerful hydrotherapy jets. These interesting features offer a fantastic wellness experience to users.
With this hot tub, you will get top-quality hydrotherapy for a very reasonable price. More importantly, you can convert the AR-300 Premium from 120v 1kW to 240v 4kW by installing a 30 or 50 Amp 240v electrical service.
Now you and your partner are able to enjoy the therapeutic relaxing experience without paying a lot of money. All you need to do is to install the hot tub and enjoy it whenever you feel tired or you need some quality time with your loved one.
The Pros of This Aquarest Spas Premium 300
- Uses less water
- Can fit comfortably in any small space
- Easy to use with Plug and Play
- Quick heating
- Powerful and adjustable jets
- Easy filtration and can be easily drained
Cons of The Aquarest Spas
- Does not have a headrest
- The shallow has rough tub surface
Who should own this model?
This model is designed for two people, therefore, it is perfect for couples or whoever owns a holiday home. Besides, it comes with a reasonable price, so couples who are tight on budget will be interested in it.
Features of the Aquarest Spas premium 300:
- Spacious: The triangular form makes you feel like you have more room than other tubs with the same dimensions. There is no need to worry about bumping into the other person because you can stretch your legs in the same direction.
- Keeps the heat well: It can retain heat well and save energy thanks to full foam insulation and an insulated cover.
- Portable: It is lightweight so you can easily move it using a sledge.
- Well design: It has an outstanding, luxurious design that will catch the attention of any person. It is also durable thanks to thick and solid plastic. It won’t be broken if you jump in it.
- Easy and quick setup: There are clear instructions for setup and installation. However, you probably don’t need it because it is so easy with the Plug and Play feature.
- Waterfall with LED lights: The lights give users different options for setting the right ambiance for a romantic evening or a relaxing night.
- This model is an affordable and comfortable option
Read more: Aquarest Spas Premium 300 Reviews
2. Aquarest Spas Select 150 4 Person Hot Tub
This hot tub allows you to enjoy the luxury of a spa without occupying much space. The cabinets are constructed using rotational molding technology that ensures durability regardless of the weather conditions. It is designed for 4 people. However, some reviewers note that it would be hard for 4 people to fit in comfortably.
It is equipped with 12 stainless underwater jets that deliver soothing pressure to relax your muscles. Besides, this model is energy efficient as it features a sealing cover, full foam cabinet insulation and a heater and pump that have efficiency features.
With the 100% filtration system, you can keep easy knowing that your water is clean and free from contaminations.
The Pros of This Aquarest Spas Select 150
- Built to last
- Energy efficient
- Great performance
- Allows for customizable experience
- Made in the USA
Cons of The Aquarest Spas
- Shallow instructions
- Difficult to fit 4 people comfortably
Key features of the Aquarest Spas Select 150
- 12 Stainless Steel hydrotherapy jets: This model makes you feel comfortable and relaxing thanks to the hydrotherapy jets. It offers you a real spa experience at your own house.
- Use less energy: You can spend a lot of time in your hot tub knowing that it uses less energy because of full foam insulation and locking safety cover.
- Perfect for 4 people: The 4-seat hot tub is ideal for a family of three and four. As a couple, you probably don’t need a lot of seats. However, if your family is growing, you should get this model.
- It is easy to install and use
Read more: Aquarest Spas Select 150 Reviews
3. Aquarest Spas Select 400 Hot Tub Reviews
The Select 400 has a perfect size and design for 4 people. So if your family has two children, you must take a look at this model. The hot tub comes with four seating buckets so you and other members can sit comfortably inside.
If you don’t have kids, you can relax in this home spa with your friends. The capacity of this spa is amazing, at 190-gallon weight lifting. That can explain to you why this model is such a great option for your family.
Similar to any other home spas from the famous brand, the Spa is made of stainless steel which makes it easy for maintenance and cleaning. And the full-foam insulation and a deluxe cover makes it durable.
Besides, this model comes with digital controls that allow you to control it with a few touches. That just tells you how easily this spa can be controlled and used.
Enjoy hot water massage and relieve your back pain or sore muscles with this hot tub is an excellent idea.
The Pros of This Aquarest Spas Select 400
- Has 4 seats for 4 people
- 20 powerful jets for incredible massage and therapy
- Durable with deluxe cover
- Comes with LED waterfall and digitally controlled
- It has full-foam insulation
- Easy to set up
Cons of The Aquarest Spas
- It is a little bulky
- Not easy to move from one place to another
- Backlit LED waterfall: This feature creates a relaxing atmosphere for you while spending time in the hot tub.
- 20 hydrotherapy jets: These powerful jets will work on all muscles that need a treatment.
- Easy to clean: It can be cleaned with the water draining method, which makes cleaning so easy for you.
- Two side air controls: This feature allows you to adjust how much water pressure you want to get.
4. Aquarest Spas Elite 500 5-Person 29-Jet Hot Tub: The Good and the Bad
Whether you are looking for the best luxury hot tub for your hydrotherapy needs or entertainment, this hot tub from AquaRest Spas is what you need. This spa is designed with comfort, value and quality in mind in order to give worth for your money.
The therapeutic arch support allows you to have a relaxing time and is especially great for alleviating achy backs. This model offers a relaxing hydrotherapy experience thanks to the 29 stainless steel hydrotherapy jets. The dual side air controls allow you to customize your massage the way you want it.
This outstanding spa is packed with energy saving features such as a cabinet insulation, energy efficient pump and heater as well as a spa cover that locks heat in. These features will help keep your water hot while keeping your electric bill low.
Elite 500 is designed with 100% water filtration system that keeps the spa clean at all times. This system is combined together with the ozone purification system that kills contaminants to keep the water clean, and eliminates the use of chemicals by 75%.
Pros of this Aquarest Spas Elite 500
- Easy to set up with a standard 120V outlet included
- A portable spa that can be used indoors and outdoors
- Durable polyethylene build
- Energy-efficient with full foam insulation and safety cover
- Fun features like LED backlights, cascading waterfalls, and pre-installed cup holders on the spa.
Cons of The Aquarest Spa Hot Tub
- A little cramped for 5 adults and can only comfortably fit 4 persons
- It takes about 24 hours for the water to really heat up and ready for use
Who is This Product For?
If you want a basic and tough spa for your home, this will be great for you and your home. The Aquarest Spas Elite 500 is great for small families who want a relaxing time.
- 29 Hydrotherapy Jets – These 29 stainless steel hydrotherapy jets have dual side controls that let you be in full control of the nozzle direction. You can strategically place the nozzle in any part of your body to relieve the stress. Aquarest Spas ensures that they use actual water therapy jets instead of air injectors in all their spas.
- Safe and Clean Water – It has an EZ Kleen Filtration System that helps filter out the dirt that comes into your spa and has an easy to change the filter as needed. The Ozone Purification System, on the other hand, produces ozone gas in your spa water that kills bacteria. This means less chemical use for your home spa.
If you want a dependable starter spa that is easy to plug in without the tricky wiring installations, the Aquarest Spas Elite 500 is for you. However, the long warming time might not be best if you’re the type who wants a soak on a whim. For me, the water retention feature kind of makes up for it so I think it is worth the wait.
5. Aquarest Spas DayDream 6-Person 45-Jet Hot Tub Reviews
The Aquarest Spas Daydream 6-Person is a 6-person spa with 45 stainless steel jets, an E-Insulation, and 100% Easy Clean filtration made out of fully recyclable and incredibly durable polyethylene. Other than that it is also energy and time-efficient and is easy to set up.
Moreover, this product is manufactured by Aquarest which is widely known as the top manufacturer of roto-molded spas.
Things We Liked:
- Energy-Saving Feature
- Made of 100% recyclable material and is eco-durable
- Relieves stress and alleviates sore muscles
- Less maintenance time
- Portable and easy to set up
Things We Disliked:
- Takes up to 4 days before heating to 100 degrees
- Heat quickly drops when left without a cover
- Malfunctions at 120v wiring thus must be set up at 220v
What makes the Aquarest Daydream 6-Person Spa special?
- E-Insulation and ASTM certified thermal cover Feature
- 100% Easy Kleen Filtration
- Warm hydro-massage feature
- Plug and Play
- Multi-color LED Lighting
It seems that the Aquarest Daydream is quite loaded with high-performing features that make it worth the budget.
Best Suits Who?
We would definitely recommend having portable spas for people who have little to no time to go outside for leisure activity. If you’re a person with a tight schedule, full-time mom, working at home, and the like, then you must have little to no chances to leave your homes and may want to consider making your comfort areas a little bit more relaxing by adding in a home spa.
Key Features Explained
- E-Insulation and ASTM certified thermal cover Feature – the Aquarest Daydream offers you an energy-saving feature that includes cabinet insulation and a stainless steel electric heater that enables quick temperature change. The Aquarest Daydream also has an ASTM certified sealing cover that locks up heat inside the tub making it energy efficient.
- 100% Easy Kleen Filtration – this feature ensures clean and crisp water by injecting ozone gas into the water and killing bacteria 50% faster than normal filtration. Thus, less time on maintenance and more time on leisure activity.
- Warm hydro-massage feature – The daydream spa is also equipped with 45 hydrotherapy jets made out of stainless steel and has a digital control panel giving you full control over the massage experience. The jets are placed at multi-levels which helps alleviate back pain and the spa also has lumbar arch support.
- Plug and Play Feature – This does not need any professional installation and can easily be used by setting it up on the best spot, filling it up, and plugging it in. The spa is also lightweight and portable.
- Multi-color LED Lighting – Levels up your relaxation experience with this aesthetic feature. Enables you to enjoy your solo or group hydrotherapy session even during night time.
AquaRest DayDream Hot Tub Spa Review on Youtube:
Read more: Aquarest Spas Daydream 6-Person Reviews
6. Aquarest Spas Elite 600 reviews
As we mentioned earlier, Aquarest Spas normally don’t have a lot of jets. However, this model is for 6 people, so it has more than normal amount which is 29 hydrotherapy jets. In addition, it comes with an impact-resistant polyethylene shell. When using this hot tub, users will have full control over the jets. This model is also highly durable, so you can rest assured that it can be used for a long time. Not to mention, the multi-colored cascading waterfall adds to the perfect ambiance for your spa.
The Pros of This Aquarest Spas Elite 600
- It has a durable tub design and construction
- Low maintenance
- Easy to use
Cons of The Aquarest Spas
- Quite difficult to control the temperature
- Not very powerful jets
When choosing the right hot tub for your family, you need to look at the key features that it comes with. The Aquarest Spas Elite 600 reviews provide a few outstanding features associated with this model.
- 100% water filtration: It comes with the Easy Klean Filtration System that provides 100% water filtration. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy crisp and clean water. Besides, it allows you to change the filter when needed.
- Ozone keeps water clear, clean and fresh: This feature helps keep your spa clean as it eliminates organic and inorganic contaminants. With ozone, you don’t need to use a lot of chemicals so you don’t have to worry about your skin being dried. You can use either the power or natural Oxygen to keep your spa clean.
- Save the energy: This model comes with cabinet insulation and a sealing spa cover that helps you optimize heat and energy efficiency and save the energy.
- Easy set up: The model just needs to be plugged right into a standard 120 V outlet. You don’t have to be an electrician or need to hire one to install the Elite 600 to your home. All you need to do is to fill your hot tub, plug it in and enjoy!
Who is this spa suitable for?
This spa is large and can host up to 6 adults comfortably, therefore, it is perfect for a big family. Besides, it has 6 convenient beverage holders. So you can install it at your vacation property. You will have more ideas to spend time with friends or family once you own this model.
Read more: Aquarest Spas Elite 600 reviews
7. Lifesmart Bermuda DXL (LS100DX) 20 Jet 4 Person Hot Tub Spa
The Bermuda DXL is a spa model by Lifesmart Spas that is undoubtedly a great addition to any home. This spa plugs well into any standard outlet, you simply need to fill it, plug it and begin your therapeutic sessions. It is therefore a perfect choice for those who don’t love the hassles of installation or wiring.
Constructed from durable rotationally molded polyethene, the Bermuda DXL will serve you and your family for a very long time. It has energy-saving specs like insulated thermal cover and full foam insulation that helps to keep the water hot and your bills low.
The ozone water care system is a great spec especially if you are keen on hygiene. Other great features included are; digital control panels, underwater LED light, filter, waterfall, 4 bucket seats and a 1.0 HP power pump.
- Constructed from durable polyethene
- Comfort dial ensure great water and air mix
- Easy set up
- Motor may not be very powerful
- Digital control panel for temperature, lighting and jet control
- 20 graphite jets
- Ozone water treatment system
- Energy-saving features
- Innovative thermal friction heating system
8. Lifesmart Coronado DLX LS600DX 65 Jet 7-Person Hot Tub
Lifesmart Coronado DLX is a hot tub that can accommodate 7 people and provide them with the ultimate relaxation. This is thanks to its 65 hydrotherapy jets that are well positioned to tackle different body parts.
Besides having a great design, it is energy-efficient features like locking thermal cover and full foam insulation. Also, it includes an ozone water care system to keep your tub water clean and clear. What most people find impressive is the fact that the 2 speed pump heats the water during high or low jet in order to maintain the temperature even during winter.
Coronado DLX features a digital control panel that allows you to adjust the temperatures, lighting and jets according to your preference. This model is built to last thanks to its rotational molded shell.
- Bottom drain ensures easy maintenance
- Digital control center
- Energy efficient
- Plenty of room
- Some people say that it can’t fit 7 adults
- Need for electrician to set it up
- 65 therapy jets
- 7 person seating capacity
- Voltage: 220V
- Included: ozonator, cover, adjustable waterfall, underwater LED light
9. Lifesmart SPA Retreat DLX 5-Person 28-Jet
The Retreat DLX is a plug and play hot tub that is designed to accommodate 5 people. It has an easy setup and you just need to plug it into any standard outlet and enjoy. This eliminates the need to hire an electrician or even go through a lengthy installation process.
What stands out for this unit is the ozone system which kills contaminants and leaves your spa water clean and fresh. It also reduces your need and frequency for chemicals which have damaging effects like drying the skin.
Designed with LED lighting, Retreat DLX 5-person gives you the opportunity to take your spa experience to another level. A waterfall and cover are also included.
- Quick to fill tub
- Underwater light sets exceptional ambiance
- Easy to install and operate
- Great price
- Maintains the temperature eve during winter
- Slow to heat up
- Ozone system
- LED lighting
- Maximum capacity: 5 people
- Digital control for light, jet and temperature adjustment
- Built-in ice bucket
10. Lifesmart LS700DX 7 Person 90 Jet Spa with underwater light and ozone care system
Need a spa that can accommodate many people? Check out this gorgeous, high-quality, and best seller hot tub. The product comes with an ozone system, full-foam insulation, 90 stainless steel jet, and many exciting features. Overall, with the quality of the material, good looks, and amazing features, it is value for money.
The 90 Jet is admired by users. The jets are distributed to different locations to ensure a full body massage. It heats well and adapts to weather conditions. However, the downside is the need for an electrician for construction. It needs a 220v outlet, thus not a plug and play kind of hot tub.
Pros of this Lifesmart LS700DX 7 Person 90 Jet Spa
- Made of high-quality materials, certainly indestructible
- Its numerous jets are perfect hydrotherapy
- Led Light has various color to choose from
- Filter and ozone make the hot tub maintenance easy
- Ideal as a family hot tub
Cons of the Lifesmart LS700DX Hot Tub
- Not suitable if you only have standard outlets
- An electrician is needed for set-up
11. Lifesmart LS550 5-Person 45-Jet Hot Tub
There are mixed reviews for Lifesmart LS550 reviews online. Although most reviews about the product have been positive, I did see some negative reviews related to the tub. See for yourself if these issues affect your home.
The Pros of This Lifesmart LS550
- 45 Adjustable Jets: This 230v jet spa has graphite jets carefully placed to ensure wrists, calves, and footpoints are covered. With the help of the air control valve, 3.0 HP dual-speed pump, and digital control panel, the jets’ strength can be customized to each person’s liking.
- Energy Efficient: According to the Lifesmart Spas LS550 reviews, one of the main features is energy efficient tubs. It has full foam insulation and a thermal locking cover that will keep the heat in your tub. That means less reheating when you are using your tub, especially if you’re using it regularly. No need to dial down the temperature even when you’re not using it.
- Ozone Water System: On top of being energy efficient, it has an ozone water care system that makes sure water is safe and clean without using harsh chemicals.
- Other Features: The Lifesmart Spas LS550 has fun features that make it a fun tub for intimate get-togethers or even for a party of two. The built-in seating makes for a comfortable spa experience for everyone dipping in. You also have multi-colored underwater led lights to set the party mood. Whether you’re drinking booze or not, there are steady cup holders to keep the party going.
Cons of The Lifesmart Spas
- Electrical Installation: This has been the common but minor problem I’ve read from the Lifesmart LS550 5-Person reviews. There had been problems where when the tub was hooked up, it tripped their breaker a couple of times. They even had to get an electrician to sort it out.
- Size: Some users noted that it is a little smaller than what you’ll expect for a 5-seater tub. The size can be adequate for 2 people over 6ft but can be a little snug for 5 large adults. The interior tub has the dimension of H -2′ 10” x W – 6′ 5” x L- 7′ 3”
The Lifesmart Spas LS550 reviews have been really positive across all sites. On top of the great features, those who bought it felt it was value for money. Just remember to check the size and see if it’s the tub size you are looking for.
Read the full review: Lifesmart Spas LS550 Reviews: Is This Hot Tub Worth It Or Not?
12. Lifesmart Spas Tierra 5-Person 60-Jet Hot Tub with Ozonator
Lifesmart Spa Tierra is a gorgeous and high-quality hot tub. It is a great addition to your bathroom, backyard, or patio. If you have read other Lifesmart Spas Tierra Reviews, we can all agree that Lifesmart Tierra is a value for money.
This tub is manufactured by Lifesmart, a reputable company known for its luxurious, cozy, and attractive spas. It has a rotational solid shell and features that are highly indestructible. While it can accommodate 5-persons, it is versatile enough for 4 to 3 persons to soak and rest comfortably.
The Pros of This Lifesmart Spas Tierra
- Versatile design
- Waterfall features make more attractive
- Adjustable color settings for LED lights
- Energy efficient
- Ease of maintenance
Cons of The Lifesmart Spas
- Quite heavy
- Not a plug and play hot tub
- Additional expenses for installation
- 60-jet spa with adjustable setting
- Multi-color LED light
- Digital control pane
- Eco smart technology
- Air control valve
- Ozone water care technology
Overall, this is an excellent bathtub with luxury features.
13. American Spas 2 Person 28 Jet Premium Acrylic Hot Tub
For most people, the best hot tubs with low seating capacity offer maximum level of comfort. This is no exception for this acrylic triangle spa by American Spas which is designed with 2 seating capacity. It is a great way for couple to relax and have a great time together.
American Spas has been manufacturing its products with cutting edge technology and this spa is no exception. It features 28 Red Star Fire jets that are carefully crafted to provides a relaxing experience for the body. It also features a durable fiberglass that not only adds to the beauty of the tub but also delivers insulation. Not forgetting the trim lock that gives the tub a beautiful look.
The hydro clear ozonator is designed to purify, sanitize and cleans the water from any contaminants. This spa comes in handy during winter thanks to the 5.5kW heater that is noiseless and heats the water quickly with just a push of the button.
- Classic and stylish design
- Can be plugged as 220V
- Heats up fast
- Compact design
- Multi-color LED light can be programmed
- Panels are of poor quality
- Set up is difficult and time consuming
- Offers inadequate insulation
- 28 stainless steel, adjustable therapy jets
- 110V/240V pump
- Reusable filters for balanced filtration
- 5kW Titanium heater
- Includes waterfall and multi-color LED light
14. American Spas 7 Person 30 Jet Hot Tub
Designed with cutting edge technology, this 7 Person spa is from America Spas and it is made in the USA. Not only does it have a classic design but it is also durable thanks to its 7 layer fibersteel construction. The shell is built from acrylic which makes it strong and durable.
The spa features 30 jets that are designed to give a hydrotherapy experience for the entire body. As if that is not enough, it includes back lit waterfall and a programmable multi-color light that changes the entire ambiance of the spa.
It has safety features such as the hydro armor spa covers that come in handy for protecting and insulating the spa. The cover can withstand 1500 hours of UV and it locks in heat, rendering the tub energy efficient.
- 30 stainless steel therapy jets
- 5kW Titanium heater
- 240V 5.0 horse power pump
- Energy saving features
- Durable construction
- Plenty massage therapy jets
- Programmable multi-color light
- Pump doesn’t deliver enough power for all jets
- Unclear instructions
15. American Spas Glory 7 Person 40 Jet Premium Acrylic
Glory 7 by American Spas is a fantastic addition to any backyard. Glory 7 comes with very useful features like a lounger for a more comfortable experience, backlit LED waterfalls and steps. This hot tub is sculptured from acrylic which adds to its durability and performance.
You can never go wrong with this unit if you are looking for a therapeutic experience. It features 40 stainless steel jets that target various body pats including the neck and shoulders. While this product is designed to fit 7 people, some reviewers noted 7 adults may not be able to fit comfortably. Nonetheless, it is a quality hot tub.
- Backlit LED waterfall
- Steps included
- Easy to install
- Energy efficient
- Multiple jets for a great experience
- Durable acrylic construction
- May not necessarily fit 7 adults
16. QCA Spas Cordoba 2-Person 16-Jet Hot Tub
If you are looking for maximum level of comfort, then look no further than the Cordoba 2-person hot tub. Made in the USA, this hot tub comes with 16 jets for the ultimate relaxing experience. It is without a doubt a great spa for couples.
The hot tub includes an acrylic construction that guarantees years of functionality and efficiency. The acrylic material is very easy to clean and you just need a mild acrylic cleaner. The interior features silver marble color while the exterior features a gray color that matches well with most home decors.
A feature that most users find interesting is the LED lights which give the tub a contemporary look especially at night. Reviewers also note that it is easy to install, maintain and set up the plug and play. It also includes an ozonator and a heater that takes the temperature up really quick.
Also included is an insulated cover, locking cover, built-in cup holders and a pump.
- Acrylic material construction
- 16 jets
- Product type: Plug and play
- 190-gallon water capacity
- Ozonator included
- Compact and lightweight design
- Powerful jets
- Quick heatup time
- Easy to follow instructions
- Made in the USA
- Issues with the pump not filling water
- Limited instructions
17. QCA Spas Malta 4 Person Plug and Play 10 Jet Hot Tub
If you are looking for a normal-sized hot tub for your home, then this model by QCA spas is a great choice. Although it comes in a compact design, it offers plenty of room to fit 4 people. It is therefore a great solution for families that don’t have much space.
It plugs well into any 120V/15A outlet and includes an energy-efficient pump that is not only powerful but also very quiet. A great spec is the double layer polar insulation system that ensures maximum heat retention.
The shells are constructed from durable acrylic while the cabinets are made from synthetic polystyrene and don’t require any maintenance.
- 10 jets
- 120V/15A electrical outlet
- LED multi-colored light
- Includes lockable hard cover, 4Kw heater, and pump
- Energy efficient
- Powerful pump
- Easy to install
- Includes only 10 jets
18. Home and Garden Spas 3-Person 38 Jet Hot Tub
Made in the USA, this 3-person hot tub features an acrylic construction that allows for durability and additional strength for years to come. Most customers love that it comes with 38 stainless steel jet that provide a therapeutic and exceptional spa-like experience. The jets are designed for back, shoulder, calf and foot.
This hot tub is energy efficient and savings features that will remove the worry of high bills. The redwood cabinetry is designed such that it retains the heat inside the tub while the spa cover locks in heat.
Besides being energy efficient, this hot tub is very functional and it has a large water capacity of 210 gallons. Impressively, it comes with 9 colors LED light and an easy to operate top side controller.
- It can be placed on pavers
- Built-in seating
- Bib is positioned on the right side
- Acrylic construction
- 210-gallon water capacity
- Voltage: 220 volt
- Includes; Waterfall, ozonator, cover and LED lighting.
- Easy 240v installation
- Compact design
- 220 voltselectricity ensures fast heating
- Multiple jets
- Small for bigger individuals
- Need for electrician to do installation
19. Futura Spas 6-Person 88-Jet Hot Tub
Basically, best hot tubs that accommodate more people can be difficult to find since there are only few options. One of them is this 6-person capacity 88-jet hot tub that caters for a large number of people at a go.
This model is designed with 88 hydrotherapy jet nozzles that are constructed from stainless steel for more durability. The spa comes with a unique set of seats; 2 jump seats designed for lower and middle relaxation, 2 unique bucket seats with neck therapy as well as a lounge chair for full body massage.
There is a diverted valve that can be turned on in order to transfer the power of the 6 horsepower pump to various seats. You can, therefore, switch the jet pods to customize your experience.
Another great spec is the permawood cabinet that is durable and maintenance free. The 9 bulb underwater lighting creates a great ambiance to make your bath relaxing. Also included with the hot tub is a deluxe hard cover, waterfall with valve and ozone generator.
- PureWater Ozone Generator
- Pressurized filtration system
- Waterfall with on/off valve
- Voltage: 240 volts
- Water capacity: 375 gallons
- Tri-zone hydrotherapy
- Perimeter LED lights and 9 bulb underwater lights
- Includes cover and insulation wall for winter
- Durable acrylic construction
- Made in the USA
- Plenty of room
- Advanced LED lighting
- Pressurized filtration ensures clean water
- Brightness of light is not adjustable
- Electrician required
20. Futura Spas 8 Person 88 Jet Hot Tub
This is yet another product from Futura Spas, only that this one holds a seating capacity of 8 people. The ergonomic seating offers plenty of space and is designed to accommodate any body shape or size. It is therefore a model that you want to consider if you are planning a relaxing session with your friends and family.
Made in the USA, it is constructed from high quality acrylic materials and it comes with a waterfall. This is unlike other models that use artificial materials. The lighting system is unique and it includes 9-bulb underwater LED lights, 14 perimeter LED lights and LED backlit waterfall.
This model is designed with efficiency in mind owing to the deluxe hard cover and permawood cabinet. Other great specs included are an ozonator, pressurized filtrations and tri-zone therapy that is made possible by the 2 pumps and single valve power plant.
- Voltage: 220V
- 425 water capacity
- 88 stainless jets
- Bucket seats with neck therapy
- Power plant foot well for calming feet
- Large seating capacity
- Cover has great quality
- Great value for price
- Energy efficient
- Spectacular LED lights
- Notvery comfortable for 8 adults
- Faulty electrical system
21. Hudson Bay 6-Person 19 Jet Hot Tub
Powerful and energy-efficient, this bathtub from Hudson Bay is what you need for a relaxing spa moment. It features an acrylic construction and state of the art design that makes it possible to plug it into an outlet. It has a water capacity of 300 gallons and it can comfortably accommodate 6 adults.
This spa includes a total of 19 jets that are targeted at various body parts to give a relaxing experience. The LED lighting can be used to create the right atmosphere for your session. Also included is a cover that offers protection for the tub especially during freezing conditions. The waterfall will also without doubt add to your spa experience.
- 19 stainless steel therapeutic jets
- 300 gallons water capacity
- LED lighting
- 6 people maximum capacity
- Easy installation
- Great value for money
- Strong jets for a relaxing massaging
- Water and lights add a great touch
- The tub is heavy
- Takes time to heat up
22. Canadian Spa Toronto 6- Person 44 Jet Spa
Enjoy an amazing with your family and friends in this 6 person Canadian spa hot tub. Designed with a lounger, this is the best hot tub for comfort and relaxation that you require. It offers multiple seat variations with directional jets to work those areas in your body. Everyone will enjoy the right pressure thanks to the adjustable air valves and 2 speed 5-HP pumps.
The 44 stainless steel jets are adjustable and this helps to create a customizable experience based on your specific needs.
If you live in cold climate, you will appreciate the fact that spa features insulated cabinets to help trap the heat inside. Also included is a 5.5kW heater that heats up the spa during winter seasons.
Unlike most spas, this model features an entertainment system that is equipped with digital MP3 audio, speakers and Bluetooth audio sound systems. The gentle playlist together with the LED lighting will relax your senses.
Safety is also a priority of this spa as it comes with lockable top cover and vacuum break system.
- 44 jet counts
- 2 speed 5 HP pump
- Voltage: 240V/ 50A
- LED lighting
- Ozone water purification system
- Digital sound system and digital controls
- Included: Microban Glaciers filters, cover, and no-float lounger.
- Comes with music system for extra relaxation
- Energy efficient
- Air controls ensure powerful pressure
- Self-cleaning feature
- Intuitive control panels
- On the expensive side
23. Canadian Spa Company St Lawrence 16 ft 15 Person 72 Jet Swim Spa
This is the best swim spa by Canadian Company that offers a unique way to relax you muscles and swim at the same time. Plus, it can accommodate a whopping 15 people making it one of the largest spas available.
Unlike most spas, these models features the latest technology which is easy to operate and very efficient. The ozone water purification system together with the Microban filtration allows you to enjoy clear and clean water.
Create the perfect atmosphere with the multi-colored LED lighting and sound system that comes with vibrant speakers. This swim spa is great to use during winter as it features high-density cell foam and insulated cabinets to trap the heat in.
- Innovative control technology
- Perimeter LED lighting
- Insulation features
- Digital audio system
- Ozone generator
- Built-in aromatherapy canister
- Energy efficient
- Customizable swim lane system
- Large seating capacity
- Adjustable 72 hydrotherapy jets
- W stream design adds buoyancy for comfortable swimming
24. Cyanna Valley Spas 6-Person 21 Jet
Cyanna Valley Spas is an excellent American manufactured hot tub that can be plugged right into 110V/ 120V outlet once it is filled up. What’s more, it can also be converted into a 220V/240V system with the help of an electrician.
One thing that makes it the best selling hot tub is the fact that it is built to last with high quality materials. The cabinet and shell are constructed with high quality materials that give them a fresh look without requiring any maintenance. Better yet, the shell material has slip-resistant properties so you don’t have to worry about slippage.
When you have this spa, you can be assured that your electricity bill won’t run too high. The spa is sprayed with closed-cell spray foam for added insulation during cold weather conditions. Plus, the LED light comes in three modes in order to conserve energy.
- Energy efficient pump and heater
- Locking cover
- Water filtration
- Plug and Play set up
- Slip resistant material
- Easy set up
- Pre-installed filter ensures clean water
- Built to last
- Energy efficient
- Sleek and stylish design
- Difficult to fit top cover
- May not fit 6 people comfortably
25. ALFI brand Fire Hot Tub-OR Round Fire Burning
A portable hot tub for outside use. It is small and compact and perfect for one person.
- Needs no electrical outlet
- Does not need to be connected to a drain
- Water is pushed through metal coils and heated by fire in an enclosed wire basket
- A stainless steel windscreen panel protects the occupant from the heat of the fire
- The unit comes with a clear top with two chrome handles
- The tub is emptied by means of a plug onto the grass
- The tub is easily filled with a garden hosepipe
- The tub is not suitable for indoor use
- The tub is small and not really suitable for more than one person
- The tub has no water jets
- You need to attend it at all times while the fire is lit as it poses a fire risk
The Therapeutic Effects of Hot Tubs
People have, for thousands of years, used water as a means of healing therapy. They would flock to hot springs and lay in the warm, relaxing water in an effort to get rid of their various aches and pains. These days, with advancements in technology, the same effects can be got by means of a spa bath. Add to this that you can select your own water temperature and the fact that water jets give you a relaxing massage, then the popularity that hot tubs have enjoyed over the last number of years is not surprising.
So what are the health benefits of a hot tub?
- It uses up calories
- It helps with your blood sugar
- It has a positive anti-inflammatory response
- It improves your blood circulation
- It helps reduce your blood pressure – which is very important for a healthy heart
- It is a stress reliever
- It is a pain reliever and reduces the aches associated with sore, tired muscles
- It helps you to sleep better
- It is great at alleviated arthritis pain and stiffness
Hot Tub Accessories & How They Work
Modern-day hot tubs, or spas, have a number of hot tub accessories. Each of these has their own function and form an integral part of your hot tub and your enjoying pleasure. We will look at a few of these.
Hot tub covers
First off, we take a look at hot tub covers. They have two functions: firstly they are a safety feature to ensure someone does not inadvertently fall in when the tub is not in use and drown. Secondly, they serve to keep in the heat (as much as possible) when you are not using it. This feature, therefore, saves you a lot on your electricity bill, as the water does not have to be heated from scratch each time you use it.
Hot tub cover lift
To make life easier, you can install a hot tub cover lift. This is a frame that you can attach to your hot tub making lifting that heavy cover a breeze. Some have hydraulic arms to make things even easier.
Hot tub chemicals
Unfortunately, most hot tubs need chemicals in order to keep the water clear and free of algae and bacterial buildup. The most commonly used hot tub chemicals for this purpose is either chlorine or bromine. It is best to check the manufacturer instructions as to which is best for your spa. It is also a great idea to check your water quality with a test kit or test strips before adding chemicals.
Hot tub filters
Probably the most important hot tub accessory is the hot tub filter. It traps all impurities in the water as it passes through, keeping them there until the hot tub filter is either cleaned or replaced.
Hot tub pump
Your hot tub pump is the heart of your spa as it ensures a constant flow of water throughout. Without it, your hot tub jets would not work and you would not get the massaging action a hot tub is known for. Also, the pump is essential for the heating of your water. The water is heated by the heater, but the hot tub pump sees that the heated water is distributed.
Hot tub heater
In a hot tub, an element is housed in a heater assembly housing. The hot tub pump pushes water through this tube. In turn, when the water moves through the hot tub heater, heat is transferred from the element to the water, heating it up.
Hot tub jets
Heated water (usually from the filter bay) is pulled into the jet pumps which then pushes the water out of the hot tub jets and into your tub, providing you with a massaging action.
Hot tub cleaner
A hot tub cleaner is a cleaning agent you add to your hot tub water before allowing it to flush through the system for a few minutes. It cleans the sides of the tub. Once done, you need to drain your tub and wipe off any residue that may be left behind.
Hot tub enclosures
Hot tub enclosures allow for privacy and act as weather breaks. The types come in all forms and shapes, from built ones to those that are prefabricated. It also helps to keep out debris, e.g. leaves and dust.
Read more: Hot Tub Gazebo Reviews And Buying Guide
Hot Tub Ozonator
Keeping your hot tub clean is often bothersome and tiring. Thanks to ozonators, maintaining household hot tubs or commercial spas is now made easy and convenient. An ozonator is a hot tub accessory used to sanitize water via an oxidation process. It is used to purify spa water by eliminating contaminants using ozone or oxygen. Ozone in water eliminates the need for traditional cleaning process of using chemicals, thereby, minimizing the risk of irritation and other health complications.
Aside from purifying, sanitizing, and disinfecting spa water, ozonators also deodorize the water, keeping it clean, clear, and odor-free. Since chemical cleaning is no longer required, installing ozonator is considered as one of the safest ways to clean spas and extend the life of your hot tubs.
The Ideal Hot Tub Temperature
Most hot tub manufacturers suggest that your hot tub’s temperature should be between 102 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. This is approximately 38 to 40 degrees Celsius. However, you need to check the working of your thermometer regularly, as many hot tub thermometers become defective at some stage. Overly hot temperatures can have a negative effect on your health, not to mention you run the risk of inadvertently climbing into the scalding hot water!
Furthermore, pregnant women should be wary of using a hot tub, as theuse of a hot tub during the early stages of pregnancy increases your risk of having a miscarriage. This is due to your core temperature being raised. If using a hot tub during this time, consider having the water at a much lower temperature.
Caring for the Water in Your Hot Tub
Looking after the water quality in your hot tub is essential to your health. This means you need to test your hot tub water regularly, add the appropriate chemicals, and then test again in order to check whether the pH balance is correct. Chlorine or bromine are the most commonly used forms of hot tub water sanitizers. Depending on where you live, you may also need to check for calcium hardness and adjust your water accordingly.
Maintaining Your Hot Tub
Maintaining your hot tub on a regular basis not only ensures that your hot tub stays in perfect order, but ensures that your hot tub bathing experience is a pleasurable one.
You need to clean your filter every two weeks and use a granular filter cleaner approximately every two months or so. The tub itself also needs regular cleaning, preferably with a non-abrasive cleaner so that you do not scratch the surface. Remember to clean the cover as well.
If your hot tub cover has a vinyl cover, remember to condition this regularly as well. This will protect it against wear and tear from the elements. Also, check for the presence of any mildew and make sure you take care of the problem if it is present.
See more Easy Hot Tub Maintenance Tips on Youtube
How to Winterize a Hot Tub
Taking care of your hot tub means that you need to winterize it for the colder winter months. This starts by turning off the power and draining it. This includes draining any water out of the air blower and pipes as well. Freezing winter conditions can result in any water in your hot tub freezing – and expanding – as well. This could cause severe damage to the hot tub and its different parts.
Next, you need to take out your filters and clean them. Ensure there is no water present before putting them back. Unscrew any fittings on your hot tub and ensure any water is removed. Blow out the pipes and make sure there is no water present in any part of the hot tub. Where water is still present, make sure to drain it out completely.
Once all water is removed, make sure the hot tub, as well as the cover, are squeaky c lean before putting the cover back and securing it. You are done until the next time you want to use your hot tub!
Why Buy A Hot Tub?
People buy a hot tub mainly for three reasons such as leisure, strengthening, and health. Leisure spas are mostly used for relaxing after a hard day’s work. They are a great way to get together with one’s family or friends. Even a backyard party or a relaxing weekend could be set up thanks to the leisure spa. Health spas, on the other hand, will focus on relieving tension in the body due to physical illness. Even some medical doctors prescribe a health spa to relieve certain mind-body conditions. Hot tubs are also used for exercise and strengthening purposes. They are also called swim spas. They are quite long and designed with powerful water streams. This stream will help build your muscles while you swim in them. Underwater treadmills are another type of strengthening hot tubs. They will offer an impressive resistance while you workout. Most of these hot tubs come with a variety of salient features. You can choose the best spas to suit your personal taste and requirements.
What You Need to Consider Before buying Hot Tub
Let’s face it, a hot tub, no matter its size, is a big investment. Besides that, there are a few issues to consider before taking the plunge:
What is your budget?
You need to remember that, besides the cost of buying the hot tub (and any installation fees that might be needed), your utility bill will go up. Then there is maintenance to think about, i.e. chemicals for cleaning, etc. Does this fit your budget? Will you be able to keep it up in the long run?
If installing it indoors, do you have adequate space? Does the room have proper ventilation? How about a water connection? Can you afford to make the necessary changes if applicable?
Where are you going to put it?
Do you have the necessary space in which to put your hot tub? Is it for indoor or outside use? Does the area in which you wish to install it have all the necessary requirements, such as an electricity outlet and water?
What is your main consideration for purchasing a hot tub?
Many people buy a hot tub because it is great therapy for certain types of injuries. If this is your main reason for getting one, make sure the hot tub you choose will do the job. Choosing one for its therapeutic value is a vastly different process than choosing one simply for relaxation purposes.
What about the size?
Size influences cost. Also, once again, you run into the problem of space. You cannot install a 10-seater into space where only a small 2-seater will fit. Plus, do you want to share your hot tub with friends, or do you prefer the experience to be private?
Hot Tub FAQs
You’re confused. You asked. We give answers. To make your buying decision even easier, we thought why not answer those questions that are stopping you from buying your new hot tub spa?
Read on to learn more about hot tubs!
1. Do hot tubs raise blood pressure?
Hot tubs do NOT raise blood pressure. In 2011, studies conducted by the North American Sports Medicine Institute, also known as NASMI, reported that hot tub therapy helps lower blood pressure just like in cold water immersion. In addition, soaking in a hot tub also improves blood circulation, as well as ease muscle strains and tensions.
We’ve read a lot of comments saying people who are taking hypertension medications should avoid soaking in a hot tub. If you believe in this claim, then you are just missing out on the benefit of a hot tub, which is actually opposite to what many believed. To get most of the hot tub benefits, maintain a water temperature of 98 to 102 Fahrenheit. (Most hot tub manufacturers suggest that your hot tub’s temperature should be between 102 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Are hot tubs and saunas safe for a pregnant woman and the baby?
Hot baths or saunas are safe for pregnant women, given that there is a proper temperature management. Health professionals recommend having water that doesn’t exceed 32 degrees Celsius or 89.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
The three main dangers when the water temperature exceeds the recommended level are overheating, dehydration, and fainting. To know more about hot tub pregnancy safety, read here.
3. How often should I change my hot tub water?
Changing hot tub water often depends on the brand and model. The more you use it, the more often you need to change the water. Still, a little math can help, and it’s actually quite easy.
- Get the total number gallons your hot tub can hold.
- Divide it by 3.
- Take the answer you get (quotient), then divide it by the average number of bathers.
- The final number you’ll get will indicate how often you should change the water.
So, if your hot tub can hold 300 gallons of water with 4 bathers in total, then you need to change the water every 25 days.
300 gallons ÷ 3 = 100 ÷ 4 (number of bathers) = 25
4. At what age can a baby go in the hot tub?
Generally, babies and hot tubs are not a good mix. The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals stated that infants should not be permitted in a hot tub because their skin is too sensitive for the hot temperature.
5. Do you use a hot tub before or after the sauna?
This is a bit unusual to go in a hot tub and a sauna right after the other. People usually choose just one and that should be enough. Saunas and hot tubs both use heat to make the body sweat and release toxins. Remember, it is not recommended to immerse your body to a hot temperature for too long, so going in a hot tub after a sauna or vice versa is not only bizarre but also harmful to one’s health.
6. Why does drinking in a hot tub increase the effects of alcohol?
The main culprit here is dehydration. When you go in a hot tub, you will most likely sweat a lot. Now, sweating dehydrates the body. Once your body is dehydrated and you consume alcohol, it intensifies the effects. Why? Because consuming alcohol also expands your blood vessels, thus increases your body temperature. As a result, your chances of passing out, falling, and vomiting increase.
Hot tubs are without doubt the best way to unwind, relax and enjoy the intriguing therapeutic health benefits. Above are some of the best hot tubs available in the market that will help promote relaxation and wellness. While all these hot tubs are great, our top choice is the Aqua Premium 300 2-Person 20 Jet Plug and Play hot tub.
This unit is designed for those who have comfort and durability in mind. It features 20 stainless steel underwater jets for the ultimate relaxing experience. It is also energy efficient, powerful and delivers clean water thanks to the ozonation technology. These useful features will give you value for your money.