The home sauna has been gaining in popularity these days. This is because of the low price and simpler installation process. The affordable option, however, is the outdoor sauna as it is easier to integrate. Below is a quick guide to help you find the best outdoor sauna on the market.
The Top 3 Sauna Units in the Market
- 1 The Top 3 Sauna Units in the Market
- 1.1 1. Almost Heaven Saunas Audra 4 Person Traditional Steam Sauna
- 1.2 2. Almost Heaven Princeton 6-person Electric Barrel Sauna
- 1.3 3. Almost Heaven Saunas LLC Salem 2-Person Traditional Steam Sauna
- 2 What to Look for
- 3 Conclusion
With all of these in mind, you might be asking what could be the best outdoor sauna units right now. Below are some of the top-rated saunas currently available on the market. A short description for each is also provided.
1. Almost Heaven Saunas Audra 4 Person Traditional Steam Sauna
The Almost Heaven Saunas Audra 4 Person Traditional Steam Sauna by Almost Heaven Sauna is an excellent option for those who want to enjoy the benefits of a steam sauna but don’t have the space for one. The unit is designed for four people, so it’s ideal for couples or families with children.
Here’s a look at the pros and cons of the product:
- The sauna is made of high-quality materials and is durable.
- It is spacious.
- It has a nice design and appearance.
- Easy to set up and use
- Highly effective in reducing pain, inflammation, and joint discomfort.
- Heats up quickly and retains heat efficiently
- The heat comes from steam instead of electricity, making it eco-friendly.
- You must be careful when using it as it can get hot quickly.
- Shape – barrel
- Material – wood (cedar)
- Source of heat- traditional heat
- Adjustable temperature
- Temperature – up to 195°F
The Almost Heaven Saunas Audra 4 Person Traditional Steam Sauna is designed to provide an invigorating and relaxing experience. The heat and humidity produced by the product can increase circulation, detoxify the body and ease muscle tension.
Who is This Product For?
If you’re looking for an affordable way to get into the relaxing world of steam baths, this product is a must-buy. This sauna is great for people who want to take a break from their everyday lives and unwind at home.
The sauna also has an LCD that allows you to monitor the temperature of the water inside.
Key Features and Benefits
The Almost Heaven Saunas Audra 4-Person Traditional Steam Sauna is a great choice for those looking for the best indoor traditional steam sauna.
- Comfortable benches: It makes your sauna experience relaxing. The second area includes two more comfortable benches and has room for two people at once. The third area also has two more benches.
- Overhead cabinet: You can use this to store your belongings in the sauna. There is also a small shelf on the wall.
- Adjustable heat: The heated bench has two heat settings, which you can adjust between 104 and 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Adjustable Air Flow Controls: They allow you to control the temperature in different areas of the sauna.
- “I love its look, and it’s very easy to use. The controls are easy to use, and there are many different options available from which you can choose how you want your sauna session to go.” – Maddie
- “The first issue was that the water level sensor did not work correctly and caused me to run out of water within 30 minutes of starting. I contacted customer support, who told me that they would check into it but never really followed up with me on solving my problem.” – Ken
- “This sauna is quiet enough for use at home without breaking up family time or bothering other people. You don’t have to worry about being uncomfortable in this sauna because it has plenty of room!” – Bridgette
FAQ & Additional Tips
- How hot do Almost Heaven Saunas get? Almost Heaven Saunas get hot, but they have adjustable temperature control. You can set the temperature of your sauna. They can be heated with wood or propane, ranging from 80 degrees to 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Are barrel saunas good? Barrel saunas are the perfect solution for people who want to relax in a steamy hot room. Barrel saunas are usually made of wood, and they have a heating system that can heat the air inside the barrel to very hot temperatures.
2. Almost Heaven Princeton 6-person Electric Barrel Sauna
If you are looking for a traditional sauna to accommodate your entire family, then this 6-person unit from Princeton is the best traditional sauna for you. This traditional sauna features a classic barrel design. Its simple design is energy saving since it minimizes excess space. It is crafted from rustic cedar, which is a soft lumber known for its great insulation abilities. The interior is spacious enough to cozily seat 6 individuals.
It is also encouraging to know that it is designed using a ball-and-socket profile held in place by stainless steel bands. Few fasteners are used to show off the smooth wood. It allows for maximum heat circulation due to the curved walls.
- Mounted on polymer support cradles
- Stainless steel hinges, fasteners, and bands
- Pre-fixed lumber profiles and end parts
- Meant for indoor and outdoor use
- Ball-and-socket cedar lumber
- Two benches facing each other
- Comes with red cedar 5-piece accessory kit
- Contains a dial controlled 8.0kW KIP electric heater
- 40 pounds of sauna stones
- Includes timer
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Energy saving
- Long lasting
- Has a limited life warranty
- Set up depends on size of home
3. Almost Heaven Saunas LLC Salem 2-Person Traditional Steam Sauna
Almost Heaven is hailed as one of the most trusted traditional steam sauna brands in the market because of their efficient and effective products. The Salem Traditional Sauna is a coveted 2-person sauna among couples.
This is quite affordable, generate satisfying, powerful heat, and is constructed with high-quality materials to meet the user’s need.
- Suitable for homes with small spaces
- Sturdy build quality
- Reasonably priced
- Only fits 2 people
- Made from untreated red cedar wood
- Requires raincoat for outdoor use
- Powered by Harvia 4.5kW electric heater
- It can reach up to 185F in only 45 minutes
- A sauna kit is included in the package
This product is the ultimate example of a beautiful and practical traditional sauna, suitable for anyone wishing for a true sauna experience at home. It is reasonably priced and, thanks to its size, can be fitted in the majority of homes.
Who is this product for?
Are you a young couple who likes spending weekends relaxing in a traditional sauna? If this is the case, the Almost Heaven Saunas Salem Traditional Steam Sauna is a fantastic option. Don’t be worried about a lack of space; it can be placed in a little corner of your basement.
Benefits of the product
The compact design and powerful electric heater are the two primary advantages of this compact traditional sauna. It lets you have a fantastic sauna experience at home without spending a fortune!
And, don’t forget about the health benefits you may get from having regular sessions in this sauna. For example, if you have reoccurring pains from arthritis or other severe ailments, this sauna may provide comfort.
What Do People Say About Almost Heaven Saunas Salem Traditional Steam Sauna?
- “This small barrel sauna is the best buy I’ve ever made! I really recommend Almost Heaven. The cedar wood quality is excellent, and the Harvia heater is fantastic.”
- “It’s a little smaller than I anticipated, but it’s absolutely awesome. It will fit in my downstairs “yoga studio” and I love the thought of using it in the winter.”
- “What a fantastic purchase! The only drawback is that you cannot replace the heater with a bigger one. Otherwise, it would earn 5 stars.”
- “I’ve been using this sauna for a few days. My sauna was completely filled with water after the storm. I believe you should make people aware of the raincoat for the sauna ahead of time.”
Above are some of the Almost Heaven Saunas Salem Reviews we found online. People are typically delighted with the product and have few complaints. However, as mentioned in one of the reviews, if you plan to use the sauna outside, you should get a raincoat.
FAQ & Additional Tips
- How do you use Almost Heaven Saunas Salem Traditional Steam Sauna? Enjoying a sauna traditionally involves alternating between dry, wet, dry, wet, and cool-down periods. A cool-down period can be as simple as waiting outside the sauna or as extreme as leaping into an ice bath.
- How does a traditional sauna experience differ from an infrared experience? A traditional sauna provides heat to deliver a full-body sensation, promoting joint and muscular relief as well as a slew of other therapeutic properties. Infrared saunas, on the other hand, do not heat the space but instead use infrared rays to permeate the body.
What to Look for
The right sauna for you should reflect your needs and budget. What is good for one person may not exactly be the same for you. To make this easier on your part, you should take a look at several factors before buying your sauna.
How much time and money do you want to spend building your own sauna? There are two types of outdoor saunas on the market today. These are the pre-cut and the modular models. The pre-cut sauna is built from the ground up by the manufacturer. By design, it can be used quickly after purchase.
It has one problem, though. You will have to spend more in preparing the site for the sauna. Also, since everything has been built for you, you do not have a say as to how your sauna would look like.
The modular sauna, on the other hand, is designed to offer mobility and customizability. Basically, you will have to buy the sauna piece by piece. Then, you need to install them one by one until you have a working unit.
The best portable sauna units are usually of this type. This is ideal for people who tend to move frequently from one home to another.
A sauna is basically a woodhouse, and the material used for it can affect the way you use it. The most popular sauna models in the West use a wood called Cedar. It looks attractive, does not decay easily, and does well inside the sauna’s steamy climate. Also, cedar gives off a nice aroma that makes the sauna a perfect place to relax.
However, there are also other sauna models that use other wood. The traditional Finnish sauna uses a type of white spruce native to the Nordic regions.
The wood material has a fine, white-tone appearance and is both light and durable. It also darkens slightly with age, which makes it resistant to constant wear and tear. Other wood materials include Abachi, Aspen, Redwood, and Hemlock.
How many people do you want to fit in your sauna at any given time? The space inside the sauna can actually affect a lot of factors including heat distribution and overall comfort.
The sauna should allow for at least 2 feet of breathing room for each bather. It should also offer a space of 6 feet in each direction to allow comfortable movement.
Size will also determine the output of the sauna heater you will need. If you plan to fit more people in your sauna at the same time, you will need a more powerful heater. If you only plan for the sauna to fit a smaller number, then the standard heater units should be enough.
Aside from the cost of materials and labor, you will have to think about how much the sauna is going to cost to operate. This will be determined by the kilowatt rating of the heater.
The number of times you plan to use your sauna is also a factor. If you are planning to use the sauna on a weekly basis, you can expect it to have a big effect on your electric bill.
Also, the rates used by your local electric company will affect operational costs. Find out how much each kilowatt hour costs in your area (which is noted in your recent bill) is before you decide on buying a sauna.
Modern sauna units have gone a long way from stoking the flames and pouring water on a pile of hot rocks. Each unit comes with a control panel that allows you to set and store temperature preferences, as well as some other features.
When picking a unit, choose the one with easy to use interface and a detailed map. Also, make sure that the panel has one feature: auto-off. This way, the sauna heater will turn itself off after a pre-set time to avoid accidents.
If you are in the market for the best outdoor sauna, consider one of the saunas that we have reviewed above. All of the saunas we reviewed are a great investment for anyone who wants to experience the health benefits of a sauna in the comfort of their home.
We particularly love the Cayenne 4-Person Outdoor Infrared Sauna because of its 400D infrared technology that spreads heat evenly. It also features 8 ceramic heaters that make it possible for you to adjust the temperature accordingly. This sauna is also built from resistant material that withstands the test of time and you can install it with ease.
Nevertheless, whatever your choice is, just ensure that it meets your sauna needs and requirements.