Poorly-maintained bathrooms pose a threat to household health. It becomes a breeding ground for mold and mildew, and may even cause infection. Removing mold regularly is both impractical and dangerous. The best way to do this is by getting only the best bathroom dehumidifier.
Prevent molds from growing by letting the air to move around. In turn, this can decrease humidity in cramped spaces.
List of the Best Bathroom Dehumidifier
- 1 List of the Best Bathroom Dehumidifier
- 1.1 1. Pro-Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
- 1.2 2. Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier
- 1.3 3. Keystone KSTAD50B Portable Dehumidifier
- 1.4 4. hOmeLabs Dehumidifier
- 1.5 5. Tosot 30-Pint Dehumidifier
- 1.6 6. Vremi 30-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- 1.7 7. Inofia Portable Dehumidifier
- 1.8 8. Ivation Compressor Dehumidifier
- 1.9 9. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- 2 Choosing the Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- 3 Maintaining the Bathroom Dehumidifier
- 4 Conclusion
It is hard to determine the best bathroom dehumidifier. There is a number that can be bought on the internet. Finding the perfect machine to suit your purpose depends on the size and state of the bathroom.
Here is a list of dehumidifiers and how they can fit in your household:
1. Pro-Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
This machine is designed to remove moisture from home spaces. Pro-Breeze Electric Dehumidifier consumes low energy. It can extract as much as 9 ounces of moisture over a day storing it to an 18 ounce water tank. The product comes from a long line of machines. They have been making air cleaners and dehumidifiers for many years now.
2. Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier
This machine doubles as a dehumidifier and an air cleaner. Frigidaire dehumidifier prevents the growth of mold and eliminates microbes in the air. It has a steady use option when placed next to a fitting drain. It can remove up to 30 pints of water each day.
3. Keystone KSTAD50B Portable Dehumidifier
This machine can remove as much as 50 pints of moisture. It can work in an enclosed space up to 3000 square feet. Like other electronic humidifier, it has a LED display and water level indicator. The machine turns off when it reaches water level limit.
4. hOmeLabs Dehumidifier
This machine comes from the group that prides its products to be hip, modern, and clean. hOmeLabs Dehumidifier removes as much as 70 pints of moisture a day. It is not meant to be used solely for home bathroom spaces. This humidifier is perfect for public bathrooms, basements, and large rooms. It also takes out the awful smell from the air.
5. Tosot 30-Pint Dehumidifier
This machine is designed to suck the moisture out of as big as 1500 square-foot rooms. It can remove up to 30 pints of water to prevent mildew. Tosot’s design helps prevent molds and allergens from forming. It recalled its settings even after a power outage.
6. Vremi 30-Pint Portable Dehumidifier
This machine is perfect for medium to large spaces. It can seep out moisture from a room as large as 1000 square feet. It is designed to look modern and easy to use. Users will find that they can control humidity level with ease.
7. Inofia Portable Dehumidifier
This heavy-duty machine isn’t exactly a bathroom humidifier. It can suck the moisture out of a 4000 square-foot room. It is designed to lessen both moisture and foul odor. This machine can suck out as much as 70 pints of moisture from the air.
- Currently unavailable.
8. Ivation Compressor Dehumidifier
This machine is one of the smartest units that can be bought. Ivation machine has a humidity control that can be programmed. It can suck out the moisture out of as big as a 4500 square-feet.
It makes for a good humidifier for living and office spaces.
9. Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier
Frigidaire 70-pint is the brand’s heavy duty version. It can remove as much as 70 pints a day. This comes with handles and wheels for portability.
Choosing the Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
High levels of humidity in the bathroom provide no comfort and could only pose danger toone’shealth. And sometimes, a bathroom heater just won’t cut it.
The air quality suffers in places with high humidity. This can breed mold and mildew. Picking the best machine depends mainly on your space and your needs.
Here are some tips in picking the best available machines:
- Choose the right unit size. If you plan to use it in cramped spaces like the bathroom, you will want a machine enough to fit in the free space.
- Test the humidity level in your living space. Before buying a machine, check the humidity in your bathroom and note where you plan to use your machine. These machines have varied capacity so you’ll have to pick one that is right for your space.
- Check how much pint volume you will need. If your ceiling is high, you will want a higher-volume machine. For bathrooms, you can opt for lower volume.
- Compare features and costs. No one machine trumps the rest. It depends on what is right for your living space. Other than the features listed in their page, you can also check out user reviews for more honest ratings.
- If you think you will be draining out a lot of water, purchase a machine that has a steady drain option.
- Check and compare wattage. Save energy and money by buying energy-saving models. Designs that save energy come with an Energy Star proof.
Maintaining the Bathroom Dehumidifier
These machines require regular cleaning. It takes simple steps to keep the machine in good working condition for longer use. Even the best bathroom dehumidifier will have a short life span if not maintained on a regular basis.
- Make sure that the machine removes only the needed amount of moisture. Letting the machine perform a job more than it is designed to be can be a recipe for disaster. This can only send the machine to early rest. Humidity setting set too low may damage furniture.
- Replace the filter in the same timeframe advised by the maker. A lot of these machines come with an air filter that helps the machine remove harmful debris in the air.
- Clean the water tank every other week. Removing water from the machine’s water tank isn’t enough. Once every two weeks, you should clean the tank with soap.
- Never short-cycle the machine. After turning the machine off, wait for 10 minutes before turning it on. Let the pressure in the system settle down to prevent the compressor from malfunction.
- Always check the condense coils for build-up of ice. Some machine does not have a defrost function. Frost build-up often leads to the machine to not work as the makers intended.
- Keep the exhaust grills and air intake clean. Dirty parts often lead to poor machine performance. Clean the grill that sucks humid air as it is prone to debris.
- Make sure that the machine is placed at the right location. Even in cramped spaces like in the bathroom, make sure that the bathroom machine is at least a foot away from the walls. Do not allow outside air coming in to the room. This will force the machine to work more than it is supposed to.
If your intention is to simply keep the bathroom from growth of molds and mildew, buying a smaller machine is ideal. If you will be using a machine for other rooms, buying a heavy-duty machine is more practical.
There is no one best bathroom dehumidifier to trump the rest of the market. It all depends on your location and where you intend to use your machine for. Bigger floor area and higher ceiling will require high-power machines. These machines are more prone to impurities because of the smaller floor area. Aside from picking the best model, you should also follow the right steps to maintain the machine for longer product life.