What’s the best portable fire pit currently available in the market? We’ll take a look at a dozen products and see which of them fits your needs. We’ll review the pros and cons of each product and also give you some tips on how to buy your first portable fire pit.
Advantages of Portable Fire Pits
- 1 Advantages of Portable Fire Pits
- 2 Reviews of the Best Portable Fire Pits on the Market Today
- 2.1 1. Outland Firebowl 883 MegaOutdoor Propane Gas FirePit
- 2.2 2. Fire Sense 29-Inch Folding Fire Pit
- 2.3 3. Heininger 5995 58,000BTU Portable Propane Outdoor FirePit
- 2.4 4. Camp Chef Redwood Port. Pro Fire Pitt
- 2.5 5. Pleasant Hearth Martin Extra Deep Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 2.6 6. BioLite FirePit Outdoor Smokeless Fire Pit Grill
- 2.7 7. Tuscola Firebowl Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 2.8 8. Sedgwick Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 2.9 9. Maui Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 2.10 10. Annie Crossweave Steel Wood Fire Pit
- 2.11 11. Super Sky Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 2.12 12. Bonfire Stainless Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
- 3 Portable Fire Pit Buying Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Some might say that fire pits are better stationary, but those who often camp out might beg to differ. Portable fire pits do have advantages over the fixed ones.
Portability. The main purpose of having a portable fire pit. Having one means that you can have a camp fire wherever and whenever you want.
Easy to use. Portable fire pits are designed to be easy to use. Gas fueled ones can be fired up with a twist of the knob. Wood fueled once are designed to be easily lit up.
Safe. Portable fire pits are designed to contain the flame inside. That means you need not worry about burning your patio furniture or yourself, or starting a forest fire. You also have more control on the size and intensity of the flame as you would on an open camp fire.
Choice of fuel. Some portable fire pits are gas fuelled, which means you need to bring along a gas task. Although it might be an additional burden, it also means a cleaner, more controlled flame. Other portable fire pits require wood or charcoal to provide heat or cook.
Reviews of the Best Portable Fire Pits on the Market Today
What’s the best portable fire pit currently available on the market? We’ll take a look at a dozen products and see which of them fits your needs. We’ll review the pros and cons of each product and also give you some tips on how to buy your first portable fire pit.
1. Outland Firebowl 883 MegaOutdoor Propane Gas FirePit
A great alternative to labor-intensive, traditional campfires, the Outland Firebowl 883 is safe to use. It is also portable enough to carry anywhere. The fire pit is made from high quality and sturdy steel. The enamel finish and protective powder coating ensure lasting durability.
2. Fire Sense 29-Inch Folding Fire Pit
The folding fire pit comes with a 29” painted, heat resistant steel fire bowl as well as folding legs for portability. It has a cooking grate, wood grate, and fire screen made from heat resistant mesh. The folding fire pit is also equipped with a screen lift tool and a carrying bag.
3. Heininger 5995 58,000BTU Portable Propane Outdoor FirePit
Whether you are on a camping trip or in a tailgating party, the Heininger 5995 fire pit is the perfect centerpiece for you outdoor adventure. Use it in your patio, backyard, at the beach or an RV park. It will give you and your family enough warmth for the night. It is smokeless and burns clean.
4. Camp Chef Redwood Port. Pro Fire Pitt
Sharing great times and stories while getting warm around the Camp Chef fire pit makes for an unforgettable night outdoors with your family or friends. With its adjustable flame-control dial, you can keep your flame at the right size – great when cooking hotdogs or roasting marshmallows! The decorative pine tree cutouts sustain the feel of the outdoors.
5. Pleasant Hearth Martin Extra Deep Wood Burning Fire Pit
The Pleasant Hearth Martin fire pit is sure to help you impress your guests when entertaining them in your backyard or patio. The deep fire pit features the CirculAir system that allows better oxygen circulation by raising the fire wood. This results to a consistent fire. The mesh panels keep the sparks from escaping.
6. BioLite FirePit Outdoor Smokeless Fire Pit Grill
With the BioLite Outdoor fire pit, you can enjoy the warmth, feel, crackle, and smell of a genuine wood campfire – but without the smoke. It can accommodate as many as 4 standard-sized firewood logs while creating highly efficient flames using its patented airflow technology.
7. Tuscola Firebowl Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
With the Tuscola Firebowl fire pit, you can transform your backyard, porch or patio into an instant social hub! The contemporary design with a distressed bronze finish offers the perfect touch to complement your home. It comes with two handles for convenient transport, and it is perfect for your outdoor adventures because of its weather-resistant build.
8. Sedgwick Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
The wood-burning fire pit from Sedgwick is made from high-grad steel. It comes with a high-temperature rustic patina paint finish to ensure. The high quality fire pit is made for functionality and durability. It is portable and safe to use on a wooden deck. Just make sure to use a heat resistant barrier before placing on a wooden deck.
9. Maui Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
Get the genuine sounds, smell, and warmth of a campfire – right in your own backyard! The Maui Steel fire pit will make you feeling all fuzzy while snuggling near the fire with your favorite book or a loved one. Easy to assemble, the fire pit includes a weatherproof cover and a spark screen.
10. Annie Crossweave Steel Wood Fire Pit
The Annie Crossweave Steel Fire Pit offers enough space for the perfect size of fire you need. It is designed for easy tending and cleaning, and it comes with a free fire pit tool and cover. But, it is not intended for use on a wooden deck, unless you place a fire proof pad for safety. The durable steel fire pit comes with a decorative design to enhance the look of your backyard or patio.
11. Super Sky Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
The Super Sky fire pit comes with stylish and unique cutouts that provide the perfect nighttime ambience. The 36.5”, large-sized bowl provides a 962 square inches. burn space that is bigger than the normal fire size. Package includes a free fire poker and spark screen.
12. Bonfire Stainless Steel Wood Burning Fire Pit
The Bonfire Stainless Steel Fire Pit boasts of its reputation as the most unique fire pit in the world. This is because of its minimalist outdoor design and its ability to push the limits of combustion airflow efficiency. Best of all, its meticulous engineering allows you to enjoy a unique campfire experience. You and your family or friends will be mesmerized by the flames as you enjoy bonding moments together.
Portable Fire Pit Buying Guide
Now that we’ve seen 12 of the best portable fire pits available on the market, we’ve learned what makes each one stand out and also what they lack. So how do we select a good portable fire pit?
- Know what you need. Each portable fire pit has its pros and cons, as well as ideal uses. If you’re looking for more than a plain fire pit to warm your camping night and you plan to cook, go for a product that includes a grill and specifically designed for grilling.
- Materials used. We all need something that will last a long time and this includes portable fire pits. Although most, if not all fire pits are made of metal, the durability of the product will still depend on the grade of the material used. Cheap fire pits use thin metal sheets that are prone to dents. Heavy gauge steel may make the fire pit not easy to move around, but the end product is sturdier. To prevent rust from creeping in, most fire pits are painted with a temperature resistant paint. While this can slow down oxidation for a time, it won’t last forever.
- The main feature of a ‘portable’ fire pit is how easy you can carry it around and assemble. Setting up your fire pit should not take a lot of your time. It should be up and available in less than a couple of minutes. The same goes when packing it up.
- Fire pits should be built rugged and maintenance should be minimal. If you find cleaning and caring for your portable fire pit too tedious, then it might be time for you to look for another brand or model.
So which among the list can be considered the best portable fire pit? Well, it will all depend on your preferences.
What is the usual size of your group? Larger fire pits can provide more heat for more people.
Do you want to cook or grill food over the flame, go for a dual-purpose pit that can be fueled by fire wood or charcoal.
How often will you carry your portable fire pit to a camping site? Lighter materials mean it will be easier to carry around. Some can even be folded and come with a carrying bag.
These and maybe even more factors will decide which the appropriate portable fit for you.