Pellet stoves are cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and safe to use. However, only a handful number of people are using the product. Why do you think so? Well, I personally think that people barely know its existence or having a hard time choosing the best pellet stove considering the proliferation of reputable companies selling it.
To help you in your decision-making, here is our personal review of one of the best sellers in the market – the Castle 1,500 sq. ft. pellet stove.
Castle Pellet Stove Review
- 1 Castle Pellet Stove Review
- 2 How the Castle Pellet Stove may benefit you
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Safety Tips
- 5 Conclusion
Castle 1500 sq. Ft Pellet Stove Overview
Originating from the oldest and giant stove company in the US, the Castle Pellet Stove is one of highest quality unit. The Castle company is so sure about their product that they only give 1 year warranty on their customers. Should you have concerns about their product, you only have a year to raise your issues, which most likely would never happen.
The stove’s notable feature is the smart controller. With that, you can customize your product use to manual and schedule your operational needs, thermostat, and burn levels. Considering its affordable price, you would rarely see a technologically advanced stove such as this.
The hopper can accommodate up to 40lbs fuel. Not much, but utilizing the lower setting can make it last up to 24 hours of use. If you have been reading Castle Serenity Pellet Stove reviews, you would assume that this particular unit has no huge difference with its counterpart. It also has a room heating size of 1,500 sq. ft., perfect for average-sized to standard-sized houses.
Castle 1500 sq. ft. Pellet Stove Quality and Design
Coming from the most reputable brand across the world, sure its quality is never compromised. The stove is also famous for its stylish design that will complement any home interior. The design of this pellet is mixed classic and modern. Personally, I like how its appearance can be pretty deceiving. It’s small and compact but can actually give a long-lasting heat.
This unit uses up to 60-65% energy. Very energy-efficient in terms of electrical use. Using this unit will only require you 2 watts of power. However, should you want further information about its energy requirement, you can utilize the product manual. It has a readable and well-written guide, same with the Castle Serenity pellet stove manual.
Castle Pellet Stove Installation
Castle Pellet Stove Installation is a piece of cake. No need for an electrician, nor an electrical service upgrade. So long as you have electricity at home, it can provide heat to your home right away. However, there’s a need for venting parts. Unfortunately, the castle pellet stove parts you found in the box upon purchase does not include the venting requirements.
For more well-guided installation, make use of the Castle Pellet stove troubleshooting guide given to you along with the product.
- Sleek design
- Smart Controller/digital board control
- Steel material
- 60-65% efficiency electricity rate
- Automatic and adjustable operation
- High quality yet affordable
- Ease of maintenance
- Improper use of a blower may cause a fire
- Outer Case can be dangerous when the maximum setting is utilized
The size matters when choosing the best pellet stove. Hence, if you consider your house huge, this one may not be suitable for you. With its heating size of 1,500 sq.ft., this unit is perfect for average to standard-sized home. This is also a wise addition to your cottage, apartment, condo, and mobile homes.
How the Castle Pellet Stove may benefit you
Most castle pellet stove reviews would only give a general overview of the product. As a wise consumer, I see to it that the benefits the product offers are worthy of the price I’d pay. The following information may help you decide if the product is worth your money or not.
- The sleek and compact design is one of the main highlights of this unit. Its aesthetic design looks great, but what’s more interesting is the inside. The heat exchange mechanism outdated the complicated metal tubes. Though the metal tubes effectively produce heat to your home, it is a bit risky and difficult to maintain.
- The smart controller is a good feature, too. It automatically heats your home when it’s cold, and minimizes the warmth when it’s hot. You can use the timer feature if you want the temperature to be controlled.
- The Castle Pellet Stove comes with a blower. It is not integrated there as a mere design but for a reason. The blower ensures that the heat is distributed to the entire home. Use it carefully as this feature is sensitive and may increase the risk of fire.
- Steel materials are durable and easy to clean. The only downside of steel is that it attracts heat in a heartbeat. Hence, you should consider this one especially if you have pets or small children in the house.
“I’ve had this stove for a couple of months now and I’m truly impressed. The one I had previously taken forever to start, was hard to regulate, and needed to clean out ash on a daily basis.” – Scott R, castlestoves.com
“Worked right out of the box. It replaced my 35-year-old Ashly wood furnace. My wife and I live in southeastern AZ where it is getting harder and costly to buy wood and getting to old to cut wood. We have had it for two months and are very happy with it. Would have given it 5 stars but the front of the stove gets very hot so a screen is a must when the grandkids come over. Used heavy duty magnets and hook bolts to secure screen in place and still removable so you can clean stove.” – Frank, castlestoves.com
“I bought this stove 3 months ago, and are never going back to a wood stove, so much easier to control the temperature in our 824 sq. ft. home.” – Peter G., castlestove.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will Castle pellet stove decrease my electric bill?
A: No, it is not power-saver supplemental heating. However, this is cost-efficient if you are to choose between this product and a home furnace.
Q: If it breaks, is it easy to repair?
A: This unit requires regular cleaning and maintenance. However, when used in accordance with the product manual, it can last for a long time.
Q: Is there an alternative brand I can consider if I fail to buy a Castle Pellet Stove due to lack of stock?
A: Due to its popular demand, it often happens that this product gets out of stock. If this is the case, most castle pet stoves review suggests trying the ones from Pelpro, Napoleon, Pleasant Hearth, and Englander. These are top competitors of the castle pellet stove that have many reviews on the internet as well.
- Prevent burns and accidents. Place your pellet stove in a place where it can’t be touch by your children or pet.
- Clean your pellet stove’s ash pot regularly so it would last long.
- Use your pellet stove as what the product manual says. Use only the pellets recommended in the manual.
- Ashes can possess danger to one’s health. Never throw it in the trashcan.
If you have carefully read this castle pellet stove review, you can decide by now if this product is the one you’re looking for. This is my honest review and I guarantee you that this is efficient enough to provide heat to your home.
It is manufactured with such precision – it looks stunning, easy to clean, and very energy efficient. It will save you in the long run as it does not require a lot of power to run.