If your shower no longer supplies enough water when you shower, maybe the problem is that the water heater in the bathroom is not working as it should. This can pose a problem for you, especially since it’s essential to have a tankless heater if you want to enjoy a warm shower and save space.
With that said, Eccotemp is one of the leading brands in the water heater market right now, but which product is right for you? After all, you might find it hard to look for the perfect fit with all the available choices.
In that case, these Eccotemp tankless water heater reviews can help as these include some of the brand’s top tankless water heater models. With that said, check them out below and see which model is most suitable for your needs.
Why Eccotemp Tankless Water Heater
- 1 Why Eccotemp Tankless Water Heater
- 2 Product Reviews
- 2.1 1. Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater
- 2.2 2. Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater
- 2.3 3. i12 Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 2.4 4. 45HI Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 2.5 5. FVI-12 Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 2.6 6. Eccotemp EL22-LP Whole Home Tankless Water Heater
- 3 FAQS About Eccotemp Tankless Water Heaters
- 4 Conclusion
Overall, buyers like Eccotemp for its affordable, practical, and efficient water heaters. In fact, the brand has always been devoted to making products with a focus on energy conservation and maximum efficiency.
As a result, customers can enjoy a steady supply of hot water without worrying about having a higher energy bill every time they want to take a hot shower.
Check out some of Eccotemp’s top tankless water heater models in these Eccotemp tankless water heater reviews.
1. Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater
According to various Eccotemp L5 portable tankless water heater reviews, this is an excellent portable heater for tiny homes and outdoor spaces.
In fact, it’s a good choice, especially if you need a reliable source of hot water even while traveling since it’s lightweight enough and only runs on two DD batteries.
Aside from this, the L5 is also easy to use as you only need a 20-lb propane tank and garden hose. Moreover, thanks to its manual gas and water flow adjustment, this product will give you the right amount of hot water you need.
- 18” length x 11.5” width x 5.25” depth
- Lightweight and compact design
- Electric ignition that runs on 2 DD cell batteries
- Safety shut-off
- Low-pressure activation
- Hot water output of 1.5 GPM
- Portable and easy to carry
- Comes with safety features
- Good water regulation
- Electricity not required
- Connectors and fittings might need replacement
- Batteries should be new or at least have more than 1.5 volts
2. Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater
The Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater will do the trick if you need a steady but portable hot water supply. This tankless water heater can deliver hot water at a rate of 2.65 gallons per minute, with a temperature that ranges from 80 to 165°F.
In addition, in terms of its power source, two pieces of D cell batteries help power this particular water heater. Moreover, its design was made specifically for a more permanent setup, and it goes well with regular fixtures.
- 28” tall x 17” wide x 6.5” deep
- Flow capacity of 2.65 GPM
- Manual temperature controls
- Standard 1/2” NPT pipe fittings
- Electric ignition that runs on 2 D cell batteries
- Automatic shut-off timer after twenty minutes of use
- Comes with safety features
- Prevents freezing water damage to water regulator and pipe
- Easy to install in most American fittings
- Delivers instant hot water
- Reports of faulty water drainage and freezing
- Might leak unless the valve is shut off between uses
- Can be hard to regulate the water temperature
3. i12 Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
One of the most advanced interior models in the Eccotemp lineup, this product is known for delivering hot water at a rate of 4 gallons per minute with a temperature of at least 38°F.
Moreover, the Eccotemp i12-NG comes with a new gas modulating valve that delivers excellent temperature performance with every use.
In addition, the fully automated control system also helps you lower your energy consumption. Lastly, it’s rated for one to two applications, making it easy and hassle-free to use the sink while showering at the same time.
- Hot water capacity from 0.6 GPM to 4.8 GPM
- 14” tall x 25” wide x 5” deep
- LCD temperature display
- Wall thimble, 18” straight pipe, mounting hardware, manual
- Incoming and outgoing water temperature sensors
- Advanced Generation 3 Computer board
- Requires a 120-volt electric outlet
- Ideal for indoor installation
- Easy to read with its LCD temperature display
- Safety features include child lock technology
- Runs one to two applications at the same time
- Takes up little space in your home
- Reports of inaccurate temperature readings
- Produces some noise
- Might not work as well during the winter
4. 45HI Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
Next on this Eccotemp tankless water heater review list is the Eccotemp 45HI water heater. This outdoor model can deliver a hot water supply at a rate of 6.8 GPM and promises to meet your hot-water requirements.
Moreover, the Eccotemp 45HI-NG is considered most suitable for single-family residences and small commercial settings.
It’s also the largest indoor model in the brand’s line of tankless water heater models. Aside from this, it’s also suitable for two to three hot water applications, making it convenient to use.
Lastly, this is a wall-mounted product with a fully automated control system and a digital display for convenience and easy installation.
- 75” tall x 28.5” wide x 9.25” deep
- 8 GPM at 140,000 BTUs
- Advanced Generation 3 Computer Board
- Advanced incoming and outgoing water temperature sensors
- Hot water capacity of 1.2 GPM to 6.8 GPM
- Anti-freeze protection
- Attractive, sleek design
- Easy installation
- Good at saving space
- Convenient to use
- A digital display for easier temperature reading
- Requires good water pressure
- Electricity is needed to run
- Power blinks have been reported
- Lack of pressure relief valve
5. FVI-12 Whole Home Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
What’s most notable about this water heater is that it’s powered by natural gas. In addition, it’s designed for small to medium production of hot water. In fact, the Eccotemp FVI12-NG was explicitly designed for cottages, vacation cabins, and tiny homes.
Moreover, it has a horizontal stainless steel vent kit, a digital display, and an internal exhaust fan. Aside from this, this water heater consumes no more than 2-Watt idle and 10-Watt when it’s in use, making it highly energy-efficient.
- 15” tall x 24” wide x 6” deep
- Stainless steel vent kit
- Only uses gas when hot water is on
- Natural gas-powered
- Manual water temperature controls
- Accurate water flow and temperature adjustment
- 120-volt electric outlet.
- Hot water capacity from 0.93 GPM to 4.8 GPM
- Helps with energy conservation
- Sleek design
- Instant hot water
- Ideal for small homes
- Self-contained and easy installation
- The dials might take some time to get used to
- Reports of leaking
- Requires electricity to run
6. Eccotemp EL22-LP Whole Home Tankless Water Heater
Last on the list is the Ecotemp EL22-LP, an outdoor model with an advanced low-flow ignition that offers an endless supply of hot water.
This model is most suitable for both single-family homes and small commercial places. In fact, it’s designed for two to three applications, which should meet the needs of everyone in the house.
Aside from this, this wall-mounted water heater comes with an internal exhaust fan, anti-freeze protection, and a digital display.
- Two to three applications at a time
- Rating of 6.8 GPM at 140,000 BTUs
- Advanced Generation 3 Computer board
- State-of-the-art incoming and outgoing water temperature sensors
- Energy rating of 82 percent
- Automatic temperature controls
- Offers constant flow of hot water
- Helpful safety features
- Good space saver
- Easy temperature reading
- Low energy consumption
- Requires electricity to run
- Long waiting time before water gets hot
FAQS About Eccotemp Tankless Water Heaters
- Are the products under warranty?
Yes, the products are under warranty. However, the length of coverage depends on the specific model you have. Kindly refer to the Eccotemp website to determine whether yours is still covered or not.
- Who covers the shipping-related costs?
Eccotemp covers ground shipping costs for warranty-related issues within the first 45 days of purchase. However, this only applies to locations within the continental United States and Canada. After that, the customer is responsible for these costs.
- Does the brand have service technicians?
Yes, the company has certified technicians. They will determine whether or not you should bring the water heater in for service. Aside from this, they might also send replacement parts as needed.
There are plenty of products in the Eccotemp lineup. Each one of them has different features designed for specific settings. Because of this, we know that the number of choices can be overwhelming.
After all, who has the time to go through all the Eccotemp tankless water heater reviews out there?
With that said, we hope that this guide has made it easier for you to find the best tankless gas water heater for your home. After all, we can’t deny how handy it can be to have an instant and constant supply of hot water.
So, no matter what your setup is like, you should be able to find something that meets your needs with Eccotemp’s lineup of tankless water heaters.