With sports eye injuries being common these days, it pays to have the right sports vision safety goggles to help protect your eyes and even enhance your performance. There are several types of goggles for all sports, so if you’re looking for the best sports goggles, then you need to do some research. Here are some facts about sports vision equipment that you should know and some sport goggles reviews to give you an idea of the best brands to buy.
Sports Vision Safety
- 1 Sports Vision Safety
- 2 Sports Goggles That Enhance Sports Performance
- 3 Sports Goggles for Different Sports
- 4 Buyer’s Guide to Sports Goggles
- 5 Sports Goggles Reviews
- 5.1 Ski & Snowboard Goggles Reviews
- 5.2 Motorcycle Glasses Reviews
- 5.3 Cycling Glasses Reviews
- 5.4 Shooting Glasses Reviews
- 5.5 Fishing Sunglasses Reviews
- 6 Conclusion
One of the most vulnerable parts of your body when you do sports are your eyes. While most people think that goggles are only for swimming, this eye protective equipment is proven to be useful in other sports. Typically, there are three types of sports safety equipment that you can use. These are:
- Sports Goggles
- Sports Glasses
- Sports Face Mask
Out of the three types, the most common one is the sports goggles because these are the most practical to wear, and they are also firmer. This type can be used for a series of sports such as martial arts, swimming, biking, and more. They can also easily protect the eyes from any remnants and dust. This helps keep your eyes safe from possible eye infections. Other than sports goggles, other sports safety eyewear include sports glasses that are lighter and easier to bring. You also have the option to buy face masks which are a bit bulky to bring but are very solid and can completely protect your eyes.
Sports Goggles That Enhance Sports Performance
Aside from being able to protect your eyes, sports goggles can also be used for improving your sports performance. First of all, sports goggles can give you more confidence in terms of mobility as you would not have to worry about damaging your eyes while doing strenuous sports. For instance, wearing the best swimming goggles can help you see clearly underwater, allowing you to pick up your pace. They are also good for blocking off harmful UV rays from harsh sunlight. Most sports goggles are tinted; thus, they serve as an excellent UV light protection. Moreover, since your eyes are protected from too much sun exposure, then you can concentrate more on the task at hand, especially for cyclists who love to do some afternoon ride.
For those doing winter sports, the best ski goggles and the best snowboard goggles are especially useful not only because they block snow from entering your eyes, but they also don’t allow the cold to affect your eye movement. With this, you can focus your vision solely on skiing or snowboarding. Also, goggles can be customized to suit your needs. If you have nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism, you can customize your lenses to cater to these needs.
Sports Goggles for Different Sports
Sports goggles can be used for a wide array of sports, especially the extreme ones. Here are some of the sports that sports goggles can benefit you the most:
Basketball or Volleyball
The primary cause of eye injuries in sports such as basketball and volleyball is when the ball hits the eye. You can get sports goggles with elastic on the frames so that they don’t fall off. Wearing goggles during big games maybe a little bizarre; hence, you can just limit during practice.
Another sport that often results in a lot of eye injuries are racket-related sports such as tennis or ping pong. Because of the fast movement of the ball, the ball connecting with the eye is not something uncommon.
Mixed Martial Arts
Being a full contact sport, your eyes are definitely at risk of getting hit by a punch or a kick. While others don’t like to wear goggles as this may constrict your peripheral vision, there are always options that will not limit your eyesight. Choose the one that suits well with the sports you are interested in.
Rugby or American Football
Just like mixed martial arts, rugby or American football is also a full contact sport where you can get elbowed, punched, or shouldered in the eye. For safety precautions, it’s best to wear sports goggles.
As already mentioned above, snow sports may also be harmful to the eyes because snow might go in or the chilly air might affect vision. This is why it’s really important to wear a pair of goggles when you are skiing.
The reason why goggles are needed for cycling is that it will be dangerous when you cycle fast and something blocks your vision such as dirt or sunlight. In order for your vision not to be deterred, sports goggles are very useful.
Buyer’s Guide to Sports Goggles
When you buy sports goggles, there are a few things that you have to take note of:
Shape and Size
You have to find one that fits your head and face shape. You also have to find the one that feels most comfortable. This would most likely depend on the shape and weight. If you have sensitive skin, it is best to pay attention to the materials used in order to avoid any irritation.
Other than that, you also have to consider the lens of the goggles. There are many different types of lenses that you can choose from. There are special glare proof lenses, scratch resistant lenses, and much more. The choice will be up to you.
Material of Frame
Usually, the frames would either be made out of plastic or rubber. For most strenuous sports, you can use rubber instead as this has a lesser risk of breaking.
Lastly, you also have to take note of prescription if you have any eye issues. It’s best to consult your eye doctor first so that you know what to ask from your product provider.
Sports Goggles Reviews
Ski & Snowboard Goggles Reviews
ZIONOR- Snowboard Snowmobile Goggles with UV400 Protection
ZIONOR Lagopus series allows the user to have clear vision no matter what part of the day and in all weather conditions. It also allows users to be able to see clearly while doing snow sports like skiing or snowboarding. It is also compatible with every head size and helmets.
- It has anti-fog and anti-glare features.
- It has UV400 protection and double lens.
- It has 8 magnets for keeping the lens on tight.
- It has wide and smooth venting.
- It has a thick foam pad to keep your face warm.
- It has a long but stretchable strap.
Anon Mig Goggles Adults
Anon Mig Goggles has a unique magnetic facemask integration system that allows the goggles to attach itself to the facemask using magnets. Its lens is Blue Cobalt with a heavy grey tint that gives extra protection from harsh sunlight. It is also anti-fog and anti-glare.
- It has the magnetic facemask integration.
- It has a flexible snap back strap.
- It can easily be used over the glasses.
- It comes with an ICT or integral clarity technology for anti-fog.
Oakley Flight Deck Ski Goggles
Its wide coverage allows you to cover your whole field of view so that you’ll be able to spot everything in range. It also covers peripheral and downward sight so that you can look anywhere. Moreover, it fits the helmet and has a compact frame size. It is also impact resistant.
- It is made out of durable plastic.
- It has a rimless lens in order to provide better peripheral vision.
- Its lens is protected from all kinds of UV rays and harmful lights.
Motorcycle Glasses Reviews
Wiley X- Boss Polarized Venice Gold Mirror
The Wiley X Boss has a golden colored lens which adds not only to the UV rays protection level but also to the style of the glasses. It is anti-glare and waterproof along with being scratch resistant. It is ideal for very sunny weather, especially during the summer. With a high level of UV rays protection and an impressive, robust design, this is one of the best motorcycle glasses on the market.
- It comes with a matte black frame color and a polarized Venice gold mirror lens color.
- It is anti-glare and waterproof.
- It has T-shell lenses which are more durable than ordinary lenses.
- It is designed to protect the eyes from small substances and irritants.
- Its shape can protect users from the light that comes from the peripheral view.
7 Eye Air Shield Panhead Sunglasses
The 7 eye air shield sunglasses has a stylish and glossy black frame and non-polarized lens. What makes it unique is that it has a pair of lenses that enable the user to see whether it is night or day. The frame is wide enough and doesn’t cover the peripheral view of the user.
- It is non-polarized.
- It has a modern, stylish design.
- It has an air shield feature that blocks off moisture and prevents any small substance from going through the glasses.
- It has gray lenses that allows the user to see in both night and day.
- It allows the user to perfectly adjust and fit the glasses the way he or she wants.
One of the unique things about this pair of sunglasses would be the fitting. The versatility of the fitting enables all users to wear this pair of sunglasses. This is good for those who are into extreme sports as it will not slip out of your head.
- It has a very versatile fitting.
- It has a classic O Matter frame style.
Cycling Glasses Reviews
Smith Optics Pivlock Arena Max Sunglass with Super Platinum
The Smith Pivlock Arena Max Sunglasses known for being one of the best cycling glasses there is. It is designed to provide wide and full coverage for the face. It has a modern space age design with a sleek frame and a high-tech lens technology. It comes with a special lens to provide clear vision even if the user is moving very fast or is jumping on his or her bike. It also comes with a built-in nose pad and temple tips to prevent the pair of sunglasses from sliding off.
- It has an extensive design to cover all face shapes.
- It comes with a TR90 sturdy frame material.
- It also comes with a hydroleophobic lens coating, which makes it waterproof.
- It has an adjustable nose pad and temple pads that are hydrophilic.
- It has a curved lens to make it more shock resistant.
Oakley Men’s Radar Ev Shield Sunglasses
The Oakley Men’s Shield sunglasses is an innovative pair that has a tall lens designed for covering even the upper part of the vision. This pair of sunglasses also focuses on comfort and eye protection. It is an ideal pair of sunglasses for athletes. It is also stylish and provides users with a good looking pair to wear.
- It has a strong plastic frame.
- It has a durable and flexible plastic lens which makes it unbreakable.
- It is non-polarized.
- It has a 100% protective coating from UV rays.
- It has a tall height of 48 millimeters.
- It comes with a stylish casing.
Bolle 6th Sense Sunglasses
The Bolle 6th Sense Sunglasses is best for racing and high-speed sports such as cycling or even snowmobiling. Even at very high-speed, this pair of sunglasses can retain clear vision and tight fitting on the head. It can be adjusted depending on how fast the user plans to race. This allows the user to perform at his or her maximum potential without having to worry about the sunglasses falling off.
- It has an adjustable frame which can be tightened to have a more stable structure.
- It makes use of B-Max technology for adjusting the pair of glasses into a racing “mode” by widening the field of vision.
- The widening of the field of vision allows protection from small irritants and UV rays from all directions.
POC DO Blade Sunglasses
The frames of the POC DO Blade Sunglasses are synthetically made out of grilamid. This flexible substance allows the sunglasses to be lightweight yet durable. With is flexibility and rubber-like texture, it is able to sustain even heavy impact. It also has an efficient anti-fog feature and wide peripheral vision.
- It has a polycarbonate lens.
- You can interchange the lens easily.
- The frame is made out of the flexible but durable material also known as grilamid.
- It comes with nose pads and temple slides for ultimate stability.
- It is very stylish.
- It offers a full coverage range so that the field of vision is vast.
Shooting Glasses Reviews
Wiley-X Saber Advanced Shooting Glasses
The Wiley-X Saber Shooting Glasses features a one-piece wraparound design which is ideal for solely protecting the eyes. Other than that, it also comes with a nose pad and temple slides that allow the glasses to stay on even if the user is moving a lot. Its lens also features protection from UV rays and provides clear vision.
- The Wiley Shooting Glasses completely block the UV rays from the sun.
- It is made out of a nylon frame that makes it very durable and has a long shelf life.
- Its lenses are ideal for shooting as they are very resistant to impact.
ESS Eyewear Crossbow Suppressor 2X Deluxe Kit, Black
The ESS Crossbow Suppressor is known to be one of the best shooting glasses that comes with a Z-Bend Geometry temple arms, which also contribute to hearing protection as well as vision protection. This feature helps block off noises that may affect you when shooting. This brand of eyewear is also compatible with crossbow lenses, so if you need to change your lenses, you can replace them with crossbow lenses. The ESSOPTICS and Clear Zone technology also provide a very clear vision for those who want to use the crossbow.
- It comes with a unique UV protection feature to block off 100% of all UV rays.
- It has a universal fit, perfect for all face shapes and sizes.
- It comes with a black crossbow suppressor frame.
- It comes with a clear lens.
- It has a tri tech fit crossbow frame.
- It also comes with high-definition lenses.
Smith Optics Elite Aegis Arc Compact Eyeshield Field Kit
Smith Optics Eyeshield is a revolutionary vision protection eyewear. It offers some of the most updated warrior protection systems for those who enjoy hunting and shooting. It also has an ideal fit adjustment feature.
- Its lens is made out of tapered technology which instantly clears up vision.
- It has an impact protection feature that allows it to withstand any kind of impact.
- It has full coverage for vision.
- It comes with temple slides and a soft nose pad to ultimately hold the frame in place.
Fishing Sunglasses Reviews
Costa del Mar- Unisex Polarized Iridium Rectangular Sunglasses
Costa Del Mar Polarized Sunglasses are very comfortable and also very durable. This pair is made out of TR90 nylon frames with polarized lenses. The lenses are also anti-glare which helps block off UV lights that come from harsh sunlight. The lenses are also made from sturdy plastic which makes it resistant to scratches.
- It has durable plastic lenses that are polarized.
- The lenses have a protective coating that allows it to block harmful UV rays entirely.
- It is made out of scratch proof plastic and strong nylon material that is durable.
- It has anti-glare and anti-distortion features.
- It features green mirror polarization that gives balanced color contrast.
Smith Optics Chief Sunglass
Smith Optics Chief Sunglasses is not only for style, but it is also designed for functionality. The luxury design makes it a stylish accessory that you can wear wherever you go. With regard to functionality, it comes with a comfortable medium coverage and TLT glass lenses. It also has an 8 base lens curve to make it durable and scratch proof.
- It has a wide coverage.
- Its lens is made of techlite polarized glass.
- It comes with hydroleophobic lens coating to make it waterproof.
- It is glare proof and reflective proof.
- It comes with a hydrophilic nose pad and temple slides to offer more stability when you move.
Maui Jim World Cup Polarized Sunglasses
The Maui Jim World Cup Polarized Sunglasses get its name from the biggest blue marlin fishing contest which is the Maui Jim World Cup. With a name like that, you can tell that it is one of the best fishing sunglasses that is excellent for the sport.
- Its frame is made out of a durable plastic material.
- Its lenses are made out of durable glass which is scratchproof.
- It also has a golden mirror polarization for enhanced vision.
- Its wide design is best for a wide coverage.
In order to know which sports vision safety equipment is the best for you, it’s always good to have a few choices by comparing several products together. By reading several sport goggles reviews or sports glasses reviews, you’ll be able to compare and contrast the features of each to know which one would suit your needs. Mentioned above are several brands of both sports goggles and sports glasses that you can choose from.
Out of all the choices, the most practical one to buy would be the ZIONOR- Snowboard Snowmobile Goggles with UV400 Protection. This is because it has all the key features that you’ll need when you do any sport; plus, it is extremely durable. Its anti-fog and anti-glare features are needed for both cold and sunny weather. It also has a double lens that gives you UV400 protection, which means your eyes are protected from harsh sunlight. It also has a long and flexible strap that you can adjust so that you can feel comfortable while wearing it. Lastly, it has a wide built for wider coverage. These are the features you’ll need for a good pair of sports goggles. Though it is meant for snow sports, it can be used for other sports as well which makes it a versatile piece of sports vision safety equipment.