There is no doubt about it: swimming is one of the best health activities around. Of course, you have your swimming goggles, your special earplugs for swimming, your nose clip, swimsuit, and even, perhaps, some water shoes! But have you got something to actually help you in your workout effort? Well, these are some of the best waterproof fitness trackers for swimming around that do so much more than even the best heart rate monitor for swimming can do for you!
How do I Find the Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker?
Well, there are many ways in which you can do so. You could go to a specialty sports shop, for example, the focuses on water-related sports. Or you could try going into jewelers – some do stock them. But your best option, in our opinion, is to go looking for you watch online. This gives you the chance to browse through a few and check up on each one’s pros and cons. Once informed, this gives you the chance to make an informed decision based on your specific needs. Once you have decided on what it is that you need from your waterproof fitness tracker specifically, you are able to choose the best swimming watch that caters to YOUR needs.
So, what about the professionals?
What Kind of Trackers do Swimmers Use?
Well, this depends on what type of swimming they do and what their needs are. For example, someone who is a short distance, pool swimmer, might want something that measures his laps, and that perhaps measures some of his training in the gym or even on the road, if he runs to keep in shape.
Someone who workouts for an Ironman competition, on the other hand, might want something more rugged, that takes into account the water conditions he trains in and the fact that not only does he swim and run, he cycles as well.
So ultimately, when choosing a tracker, the professionals have the same problems as the average Joe. It depends on their specific needs and types of workout.
What are the Benefits of Wearing a Fitness Tracker
The benefits vary between different trackers and their particular functions. But the basic benefits include:
- You can focus on your training while your fitness tracker automatically measures your heart rate for you, allowing you to keep track of your fitness levels
- You can train more effectively, but, at the same time, are warned when you start to overdo things
- It keeps you honest because a push of a button or a tap on the screen gives you all your workout information, including whether you have been cheating a little
- It measures your sleep and sleep patterns, so you know whether you have had a good night’s rest and if not, you can do something about it
- It also counts the calories you use during training
Tips to Care for Your Fitness Tracker
The better you take care of your fitness tracker, the longer it will last. The chemicals in pools, your sweat, and seawater, all have corrosive properties. So the first step to taking care of your fitness tracker is to clean it properly. This is easy to do.
- Use a damp cloth and mild soap to wipe away any sweat and dirt
- Do not use any household chemicals or body soap (including wipes) to clean it
- Make sure it is 100% dry before putting it back on
Take note, however. If you are someone prone to skin allergies, eczema, etc. and find that your fitness tracker is making the condition worse, please stop wearing it!
Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker Reviews
1. Apple Series 2 Watch for iPhone
Apple has become synonymous with style. This fitness tracker is in keeping with the Apple tradition. Connecting to GPS satellites, this little fitness tracker can be used for just about every activity you can imagine. This is probably one of the most versatile and best waterproof fitness watches around.
2. Garmin vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
The Garmin is a great waterproof watch for swimming. It comes with a ton of different apps, measures your heart rate, has many different features, and what is more, tells the time! What more could the discerning buyer want?
You can see a video review on Youtube:
3. Garmin Forerunner 935 – Tri Bundle
Probably one of the best waterproof activity trackers around, the Forerunner 935 may be considered one of the premium triathlon watches around. It has multisport features for various training options and has a long battery life of up to two weeks when not in GPS mode.
Garmin Forerunner 935 tri bundle Unboxing and Quick Look
4. Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch
Something sports enthusiasts, as well as professional athletes, will love! The Polar customizes your profile for different sports, giving you the data and guidance you need for that particular activity.
5. WithingsActivité Pop – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
If you are looking for a watch that actually, well, looks like a watch, yet that has those extra features you are looking for, the WithingsActivité Pop might be what you are looking for. A regular watch, just…better!
6. WithingsActivité Sapphire – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
A Swiss-made watch, the Sapphire is elegant and classy. It looks and feels like a regular watch, except it has a number of added features that make is something ‘more’.
7. FINIS Swimsense Live Watch
A fitness tracker that is designed specifically for swimming, this waterproof tracker makes use of proprietary algorithms in order to give you extremely accurate swimming workout data. This is a great addition for anyone who focuses on swimming as their sport or for their workout.
8. Nixon Mission Smartwatch
A watch that can withstand extreme conditions, the Nixon Mission Smartwatch is great for those who like surfing and other extreme sports.
9. TomTom Spark Cardio
This watch is a great option for those who like listening to music while working out. Add to that the other great features offered by the TomTom Spark Cardio, and we are sold!
10. Fitbit Flex 2
A thin strap and small design make this a great product for those who do not wish to walk around with a bulky strap. The added features, however, are similar to other products of its type on the market, so the Fitbit Flex 2 is not compromising on quality with thesleekness of design.
11. Garmin vívosmart HR+ Regular Fit Activity Tracker
The Garmin vivosmart HR not only keeps track of every step you take, but counts calories, the number of floors you climb and uses GPS satellites to track almost every activity.
12. LOLGFitness Tracker
Sporting not only a number of handy features and a great, sleek design, the LOLG fitness tracker is also waterproof for up to 30 meters. The extras not only make the life of any fitness enthusiast easier but gives a clear indication of your state of health and sleep quality as well.
13. Polar A360 Fitness Tracker with Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
The customizable style is as easy as changing your wristband, with this particular fitness tracker. Paired with a touchscreen face, and colorful heart rate monitor, this fitness tracker is ready to go places and be seen.
14. Misfit Wearables Shine Speedo Swim Plus Fitness TrackerThe Shine Speedo Swim Plus Fitness Tracker, endorsed by Misfit Franklin, Olympic Gold Medalist, is a fitness tracker that…well, shines! Made of durable aircraft-grade anodized aluminum, this product gives off a unique pale silver sheen.
15. Moov Now – Stealth Black – 3D Fitness Tracker & Real Time Audio Coach
If you are someone that wants or needs an audio coach and who wants to have your movements analyzed, you might just want to consider the Move Now 3D Fitness Tracker. Gaming technology is now used as a means to perfect yourself in action.
16. Waterfi Waterproof Fitbit Alta
For those who are diving enthusiasts, this is a product worth checking out. But not only is the Fitbit Alta great in water, you can use it for any sweat-filled workout too!
While a smart scale certainly plays an important role in your weight-loss or fitness efforts, a fitness tracker helps you go that extra mile, especially if you like to incorporate swimming and other exercise in your fitness routine. Taking a look at the different products reviewed by the team, picking the best waterproof fitness tracker was a difficult challenge. However, the final vote (by a small margin) went to the TomTom Spark Cardio. Besides having all the mod cons you could possibly want, it also allows you to listen to music while working out. Add to that the fact it is customizable to wear with any outfit, and you have won any girl’s heart!
- 1 How do I Find the Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker?
- 2 What Kind of Trackers do Swimmers Use?
- 3 What are the Benefits of Wearing a Fitness Tracker
- 4 Tips to Care for Your Fitness Tracker
- 5 Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker Reviews
- 5.1 1. Apple Series 2 Watch for iPhone
- 5.2 2. Garmin vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
- 5.3 3. Garmin Forerunner 935 – Tri Bundle
- 5.4 4. Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch
- 5.5 5. WithingsActivité Pop – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
- 5.6 6. WithingsActivité Sapphire – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
- 5.7 7. FINIS Swimsense Live Watch
- 5.8 8. Nixon Mission Smartwatch
- 5.9 9. TomTom Spark Cardio
- 5.10 10. Fitbit Flex 2
- 5.11 11. Garmin vívosmart HR+ Regular Fit Activity Tracker
- 5.12 12. LOLGFitness Tracker
- 5.13 13. Polar A360 Fitness Tracker with Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
- 5.14 14. Misfit Wearables Shine Speedo Swim Plus Fitness Tracker
- 5.15 15. Moov Now – Stealth Black – 3D Fitness Tracker & Real Time Audio Coach
- 5.16 16. Waterfi Waterproof Fitbit Alta
- 6 Conclusion