Infrared heaters like the Honeywell infrared heater utilize a quart heating element to produce heat similar to the sun. If you are wondering whether Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater is worth the hype, our Honeywell infrared heater reviews will come in handy.
When I was ready to invest in an infrared heater, it took a while to get one that is both energy-efficient and cost-effective. That is why I decided to do an ultimate product review on the Honeywell heater to help you make an informed decision.
Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater -HZ-980 Review
- 1 Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater -HZ-980 Review
- 2 Customer Reviews
- 3 FAQs:
- 4 Final Verdict
This infrared heater is produced and designed to heat large indoor living spaces. It uses EnergySmart technology that controls the power consumption between 1500 W and 1250 W depending on the room temperature. It is powered by electricity and is best recommended for indoor use.
Honeywell, the company behind this product, is one of the largest stand-alone quantum companies in the world. The company provides solutions in 4 business segments including building technologies, aerospace, safety and productivity, and performance materials and technologies.
Pros of this Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater:
- Can quickly heat large spaces
- Easy to control with remote
- Automatic shut off system
- Operates quietly
- Very light and portable
Cons of the Honeywell Infrared Heater:
- Consumes a lot of electricity resulting in a power bill of more than $ 100 per month
- Requires special wiring due to the large currents that it draws
- Not recommended for outdoor use
- EnergySmart technology for energy efficiency
- Remote control
- Durable quartz elements
- 1 to 8 eight hour timer for automatic shut off
- Firm metal construction
- 1500 Watt power consumption giving out a maximum of 5118 BTU’s
- 120 Volt and 12.5-ampere power input
Overall, this product is worth the value of your money. It has a modern design and uses technology to save on power consumption.
Who is This Heater For?
This is the best infrared heater for anyone that wants to quickly heat large spaces. The heater’s urban design fits in well with any indoor space that needs that extra warmth during the cold season. This could be the best infrared heater for you if you are looking for a safe way to heat your large home.
Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater -HZ-980 Key Features
Some of the key features of the infrared heater include:
- EnergySmart Technology
This heater is designed with EnergySmart technology that regulates power consumption and can help you save up to 35% on power bills.
- Overheat Protection System
This feature helps to reduce fire hazards. Besides, there is a 3 pin plug with grounding for added safety. Hence, you will have peace of mind knowing that it will heat your home without compromising on safety.
- Robust Construction
The interior is constructed with copper and stainless steel reflectors. This construction provides for a better heating effect and to gives a robust stature.
- Energy and LED Display
This unit has an energy usage display for you to monitor the power the heater is using at any given time. The LED displays show the room temperature and desired temperature accurately.
- Status Indicator
There is a status indicator to show you whether the heater is heating or cooling down.
- Long Lifetime
Impressively, this infrared heater has 20,000 hours lifetime on the 6 quartz elements. This reduces servicing costs.
- ‘This heater is good that it is the second one that I have acquired! I like how quickly it quickly warms up my living room. Furthermore, it is fairly priced for its quality. I would recommend this heater to anyone. Good job Honeywell!’
- ‘Two years ago, I bought two from HSN and gifted one to my sister. Both of us have been satisfied with the heater and have significantly saved on heating bills’
- “I am highly satisfied with the efficiency of the HZ-980. It is the best of all Honeywell heaters that I have ever owned. I just love it!”
Q: My heater is not turning on. How do I fix this?
A: Check that your power outlet is working correctly. You might also want to confirm whether the power outlet is rated to meet the power requirements of the heater. Also, check that the batteries of the remote control are working.
Q: My heater continually shut-offs unexpectedly. How can I address this?
A: Ensure that the heater is in the upright position and that it is located where it is unlikely to be tipped. Note that if the temperature display shows Error E1, the heater is tipped over and it will not work until positioned upright.
Q: How can I prevent my heater from shutting off during operation?
A: Ensure that there are no obstructions in the heater grills. If any is found; shut off the heater, unplug it, and allow it cool before removing the obstruction.
Honeywell My EnergySmart Infrared Heater -HZ-980 is superbly designed with power saving in mind. Unlike conventional heaters, it features a modern design and useful features that will give you value for money. I highly recommend it if you are after energy-saving and sturdy infrared heater for your large space. We hope that our Honeywell infrared heaters reviews will help you make the right buying decision.