Everyone wants to get a heater that is worth every cent spent on it. However, buying decision is, more often than not, frustrating. There are a lot of factors to be considered such as price, heating power, and more.
But first, check which heating source is suitable for your needs.
Patio heaters are usually powered by natural gas, propane, and electric with the latter being the most popular choice. They are easy to use and require no installation as the unit comes in a plug-and-play model. What’s more is that you can choose from a variety of design, from tabletop heaters to freestanding ones.
Experts suggest to get the patio heaters if safety, style, and workability are what you look for in a heater.
- This is very versatile and can be used both for commercial and residential use.
- Controlling the temperature is easy as most patio heaters have visible buttons or control panels.
- It is also easy to move with some models even have wheels so that you can transport the heater anywhere you want.
- In addition, it is safe to use as the heating board or coil is enclosed in tempered glass and the base is often filled with sand to make it stand on its own.
- You do not have to do regular cleaning for patio heaters.
- Choosing the most suitable heater for small or large spaces is easier as you the maximum BTU level of the heater is often visible on the product’s body itself.
- The design is usually limited to pyramid or tower-like shapes.
- Consumes more energy, so your electric bill might soar high if it is constantly used.
Fire pits, on the other hand, can be quite a statement piece, especially if you have a penchant for vintage or Mediterranean house. In fact, famous interior designers often suggest getting a fire pit for properties with huge yards and those who want to add a unique character to a simple outdoor space.
If style, aesthetics, and heating coverage are important to you, then the fire pit is your perfect match.
- Fire pits are aesthetically appealing, especially for homes with large patio or backyard spaces.
- The heat and coverage of fire pits are really effective, and even after the flame is put out, you can still feel the warmth coming from the pit.
- The best thing about fire pits is that you can roast meat, marshmallows, and others. Thus, this is perfect for individuals or families who would love to have a camp-like experience at home.
- Design-wise, fire pits are actually great as you can personalize its size, shape, and even material. However, stone and bricks remain to be the popular choices.
- The flame is quite hard to control and adjust, hence it shouldn’t be left unattended.
- This cannot be used indoors for safety reasons.
- May require wood pellets, which can sometimes be pretty expensive.
- Usually ideal for home use but not so much for commercial use.
Patio heaters vs. fire pits: which one is a better choice? Honestly, it’s all up to your preference. However, we suggest you get both. It’s great to get cozy outside near a fire pit, especially if you have friends and family around. Meanwhile, a patio heater is perfect to bring warmth in whichever part of your house you want to chill.