With the summer season fast approaching, you will most likely use your swimming pool a lot. However, frequent use of pool doesn’t make investing in an excellent pool cover a bad idea.
Here, we will discuss how to choose the right safety cover for your pool, as well as recommend some best pool safety covers.
How to Choose the Perfect Pool Safety Cover?
- 1 How to Choose the Perfect Pool Safety Cover?
- 2 The Best Pool Safety Cover Reviews 2020
- 2.1 1. HappyBuy Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (14 by 26 feet)
- 2.2 2. Blue Wave Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
- 2.3 3. Lite Strong Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
- 2.4 4. GLI Pool Products Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (16 by 32 feet)
- 2.5 5. Yard Guard Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (18 by 36 feet)
- 2.6 6. WaterWarden Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (16 by 32 feet)
- 2.7 7. Loop-Loc Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
- 3 The Verdict: The Best Pool Safety Cover
You really have to consider your choice of material here. Fortunately, you don’t have to get yourself acquainted with lots of option as there are only three popular choices for pool safety cover materials. These are the mesh, tarp, and the solid vinyl cover.
Without question, the mesh cover is the favorite by many. One reason is that it is affordable and can last for long period of time, 15-20 years to be exact.
The solid vinyl requires a pump to keep out water and debris out of the cover. Meanwhile, the tarp cover keeps out the sunlight (which is needed to breakdown chlorine in the water), besides it only lasts for 1-4 seasons.
If you have a 20 by 36 feet pool, you need to buy a pool cover with at least 22 by 38 feet size. Pool mesh safety covers need to be secured by bolts or anchors to keep them in place. That is why you have to allow a 1- or 2-feet allowance for this.
Also, please do measure your pool beforehand before shopping for the best pool safety cover.
Others don’t really care much about the warranty program, but we insist that you check this out.
Does it come with a money-back guarantee? Maybe a lifetime warranty of parts? For pool covers, a product that offers 15-year product warranty is a great deal.
It is also wise to check whether the brand has headquarters in your country or do they offer superb customer service for returns and replacements.
Choosing the best cover that suits your pool can be quite a hassle, especially if you a budget to follow. Hence, it is always a good idea to research first the price range of the safety cover you have in mind.
To help you out, we have created a short guide for you:
- Solid Vinyl covers are usually priced between $1,800 to $3,500, depending on the size and shape.
- A mesh pool cover, on the other hand is priced at $1,200 to $3,000. This is the choice of many.
- The tarp cover is available at a cheaper price of $100 but advanced version can be bought up to $250.
- Automatic covers could go as high as $5,000 to $20,000. This is the most expensive and
- only few people opt for this one.
The Best Pool Safety Cover Reviews 2020
1. HappyBuy Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (14 by 26 feet)
Environmentally friendly products are popular nowadays and that is exactly what makes this pool safety cover such a big hit to many.
It has the conventional rectangular shape which is suitable for a swimming pool with a size of 14 by 26 feet. All the tools needed to set this pool safety cover are included in the package.
2. Blue Wave Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
Next on our list is this best pool safety cover from Blue Wave. This, too, has a rectangular shape and can cover with 18 by 38 feet size.
People love this mesh cover because of its undeniable quality and different sizes available. You can also get this in two different colors, namely blue and green.
3. Lite Strong Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
This Lite Strong best pool cover is also hailed as one of the most durable pool covers in the market. Rather than focusing on the material alone, the brand also makes it a point to offer the best inground pool cover that homeowners can use in winter.
The bolts and springs of this cover are all abrasion and fraying resistant. Therefore, it comes as no surprise if people have only praises for this product.
If you are seeking a pool safety cover that can last for years and has great winter protection, then you can’t find any better option that this one.
4. GLI Pool Products Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (16 by 32 feet)
If other brands make use of multi-seamed stitch as an added durability feature, this rectangular pool safety cover from GLI Pool Products made a two-ply mesh cover.
A lot of its users that this best pool safety cover can filter debris well while letting water pass through its mesh material.
5. Yard Guard Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (18 by 36 feet)
Here’s another amazing pool safety cover that is worthy to be called one of the best. While this may be a bit too expensive to some, this offers excellent features that are worth the money.
The cover is made from reinforced material to ensure users of its durability. Majority of the buyers of this cover are satisfied with its quality, durability, and ease of use.
What Yard Guard did to set their product from the rest is to put all the great features found in other covers.
6. WaterWarden Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (16 by 32 feet)
Strong but lightweight are two things that people noticed in this pool safety cover. Even though it is advertised as a lightweight cover, users need not worry about its durability since this cover is equipped with anchors, springs, hooks, and hardware that secures it in place.
7. Loop-Loc Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (20 by 40 feet)
If you have a large pool, then you need to choose one from the best pool safety covers available in the market today.
People’s pick in terms of huge pool covers is this Loop-Loc Safety Pool Cover. In addition, this is also guaranteed to be really great in filtering leaves and other debris.
The Verdict: The Best Pool Safety Cover
If we were to recommend the best inground pool safety cover, it would be none other than the GLI Pool Products Rectangular Pool Safety Cover (16 by 32 feet).
This can last 10 to 15 years, and only takes a few hours around 2-3 hours for the installation. Moreover, disassembling the cover is quite easy even for beginners. It is also made of two-ply mesh material, plus the fact that its mildew, rot, and sunlight resistant.
Choosing the best pool safety cover for your pool need not be complicated. The guide and reviews we mentioned have really good reputation in many online platforms.
So, any favorite pool mesh safety cover? Let us know what you think, and if you have other recommendations you want to share with others.