In the market, there are pool heaters that run with gas, which might be expensive and others are run by solar panels that take up space and require expert technicians for installation. Luckily, switching from gas to electric pool heater can save a lot of heating expenses as you will see in this Ecosmart pool heater reviews.
After doing comprehensive research on the Ecosmart 18 Tankless Pool Heater, here is what I discovered.
EcoSmart SMART POOL 18kw Electric Tankless Pool Heater Review
The 18kW Electric Tankless Pool Water Heater boasts a heat rise of 1-1.5 Fahrenheit per hour. Its digital thermostat control is a great substitute for heat pumps.
The item is lightweight and works at a voltage of 240 volts. Ecosmart, the company behind this heater is known for its efforts in converting to clean energy.
- Compact and lightweight
- Straightforward and easy to install
- Helps to save energy
- Runs silently
- The design does not protect the components inside carefully
- Humidity affects performance
- A great alternative to or booster to heat pump
- Runs at 18,000 watts
- No battery requirements
- Compact at 6x14x17 inches
- Energy efficient
The EcoSmart Smart Pool electric tankless heater is a compact heater that is designed with the latest technology for the best heating experience. It may be worth considering if you want to save energy for your new or old pool.
Who is This Product For?
This unit can be an ideal choice for anyone looking for a more convenient and energy-efficient way to heat their pool. You may also want to consider this pool heater if you have a small pool and a tight budget.
Key Features and Benefits
Some of the key features of this product include:
- Digital Thermostat Control
With this feature, you can easily set the temperature to requirements. The process is easy, straightforward, and hassle-free.
- Flow Sensor Technology
This pool heater uses flow sensor technology to operate, which is more reliable and convenient than conventional pressure switch. With this technology, you won’t need to worry about burned elements.
- Easy Set-Up
Setting up the Ecosmart Pool Heater is easy as long as you follow the product requirements: 112.5 amps power and 3×40 A double pole breaker.
- Pool Size Capacity
The heating capacity of this unit is up to 11,000 gallons. Some pool owners use the heater even if their pools are beyond that pool size. Bigger pools can still use this heater but may take up some time for you to notice the temperature change.
A small pool can benefit from the fast and steady heating of this tankless heater. However, you may expect that the heater will not last longer than 15 years. Still, compared to expensive tankless pool heaters that cost about $3000, you might find this pool heater great savings at the price of $856.91.
Some customers who brought this product found it impressive while others had some complaints. Here are some ecosmart 18 tankless pool heater reviews from previous customers:
- “All requirements for installation must be followed as well. Otherwise, solving the problems encountered during installation with a customer service representative will be difficult. The technical support is not forthcoming.”
- “This unit is very easy to install. However, you will need to follow the technical requirements for better performance. Not following the 50 amp breakers to power this 18 size heater hampers the performance.”
- “This heater can work well with a 1.5 hp pool pump. The placement should be enough for the heater to automatically turn on when it senses flow from the filter pump.”
- “I highly recommend this heater pool for anyone that has a small pool and wants an inexpensive unit. However, I do not that the internal plumbing is noisy. The adjustment knob is made from cheap plastic.”
How much does the Ecosmart 18 Tankless pool heater weigh?
This unit weighs 254.25 lbs.
What is the temperature range for this product?
This unit can provide a temperature rise of 1-1.5 degrees F per hour.
From these Ecosmart pool heater reviews, the EcoSmart pool heater can be a great alternative for heat pumps. It is energy-efficient, affordable, compact, and very easy to install. I highly recommend it if energy efficiency and affordability matter to you.
However, if you want more value for money, you can opt for the company’s Ecosmart electric heaters like the well-known Ecosmart Smart Pool 27 Electric Tankless Heater.