Most of the time, people confuse hot tub for spa or jacuzzi as these terminologies are often interchanged. Not a lot of people understand the distinction among the three. While they may appear to describe the same product, each of them is different from each other.
If you are planning to purchase a product where you can immerse yourself in, it is best to have a better understanding of the different products available in the market. This is so that you can make an informed decision on which product to get to avoid wasting your money.
This article will explain how a hot tub differs from a spa and jacuzzi.
A hot tub has jets and bubbles, which can make you confuse it for a spa. These heated jets and bubbles are meant to give you a restorative and relaxing feeling. While hot tubs have jets, it is not molded on each seat. The jets are also not directed at a specific place in the hot tub.
A hot tub, instead, has bench seats where you can enjoy the warm water as you soak yourself in it. It is ideal for friends since you can fit a number of people in it without having to worry if everyone will get a jet of his own.
Today, an inflatable hot tub is another popular choice for people looking to get themselves a relaxing product. Typically, inflatable hot tubs are made from PVC vinyl, which must be inflated before you can use it.
Due to the easy and convenient way by which they can be set up, inflatable hot tubs are also otherwise known as portable hot tubs. They can easily be taken down or moved to another place where there is an access to power and water.
A spa, on the other hand, helps in the treatment of various ailments. A spa provides a form of hydrotherapy which can help boost your blood circulation and improve your skin health the natural way. In resorts, a spa makes use of natural springs that have mud and mineral salts. These natural components can help improve your overall well-being. While a typical home spa does not have these natural components, it has jets that can massage and relieve your sore muscles. It can also be helpful in providing you relaxation after a stressful day.
You may be surprised to know that Jacuzzi is actually a brand name. In reality, though, it is a spa. Jacuzzi is actually the brand name of one of the first portable spa manufacturers. Jacuzzi’s case is similar to Xerox wherein the brand is used to refer to the whole product category.
The Jacuzzi family has been exerting efforts to keep the brand from being ‘generic’. This is because ‘genericide’ can actually destroy a brand’s success.
If you will contrast jacuzzi vs hot tub, you will be like differentiating a hot tub from a spa. However, if you are trying to search for jacuzzi vs spa, there is not much difference since jacuzzi is actually a spa.
Benefits of Hot Tubs and Spas
Hot tubs and spas offer a number of benefits to one’s overall health and general wellness. Below are some of the ways hot tubs and spas can help improve your health and well-being:
- Hot tubs and spas can help relieve your painful and sore muscles and joints. The water’s buoyancy removes the pressure from your joints. Your muscle pains can be temporarily relieved by the warm water of hot tubs and spas as it relaxes your muscles and joints.
- Hydrotherapy, which hot tubs and spas provide, helps relieve knee ailments and arthritis.
- The heat likewise helps improve blood circulation throughout your body. Once your blood warms, blood vessels become dilated. Your blood pressure can be decreased after as short as 20 minutes.
- The jets of a hot tub provide concentrated streams of water which can act as a therapeutic massage. You can even control the intensity of these jets to relieve your lower back pain. If you want a massage, you don’t even have to call a massage therapist. Your hot tub can do that for you.
- The warm water of hot tub and spas can also increase your heart rate while lowering your blood pressure. You can be benefitted by hot tubs as an exercise with less heart strain and less work.
- The water’s steam can likewise open up your bronchial and nasal passages, which paves way for a better upper respiratory health.
- Immersing yourself in a hot tub or spa can help you relax, thereby relieving tension headaches and inducing relaxation. It also reduces your stress levels and anxiety and increases your general wellness. You will also notice an improved sleep after relaxing in a spa or hot tub.