For most of us, the desire to have your own inflatable hot tub comes when the temperature begins to drop and the weather becomes colder. You long for the times when you could easily lounge in a Jacuzzi at your favorite spa salon. But often, the cost for professional spa treatments can add up over time prompting you to just stay indoors and cozy up next to your heater instead. However, those days are long gone. A practical option available for you now is to purchase your own inflatable portable hot tub.
Read on to read different inflatable hot tub reviews to help guide you in choosing an inflatable hot tub.
Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews
- 1 Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews
- 1.1 1. Intex 77 inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- 1.2 2. Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.3 3. Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami Hot Tub
- 1.4 4. Bestway 54155E Outdoor Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.5 5. MSPA USA Vinyl Round Hot Tub
- 1.6 6. MSPA USA Delight Aurora Vinyl Round Hot Tub
- 1.7 7. MSPA USA Delight Tekapo Inflatable Hot Tub in Charcoal Gray
- 1.8 8. MSPA USA Elite Baikal Inflatable Hot Tub in Charcoal Gray
- 1.9 9. Aleko 2 Person 130 Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.10 10. 4-Person 130-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.11 11. 6-Person 130-Jet Vinyl Square Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.12 12. Coleman Helsinki 7-Person 81-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.13 13. Coleman Hawaii Portable 6-Person 60-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
- 1.14 14. GoPlus 4 Person Portable Hot Tub
- 2 How to Look After Your Inflatable Hot Tub
- 3 Benefits of Using Inflatable Hot Tubs
- 4 Disadvantages of Using Inflatable Hot Tubs
- 5 What You Need to Consider Before Purchasing an Inflatable Hot Tub
- 6 Tips for Inflatable Hot Tub Use
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Conclusion
1. Intex 77 inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
Sometimes inflatable hot tub reviews cannot do justice to the Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set. Well, because this is more than just any inflatable hot tub, it is a bubble massager too.
Other inflatable hot tubs do have the bubble jet features but the Intex one does it better. The PureSpa Portable hot tub is also available in round and octagonal designs. You can choose between a regular massage spa set, deluxe massage spa set, and jet and massage spa set.
- Sleek, Sturdy Design
- Built-in Water Treatment System
- Experience Massage Treatment with the built-in 120 high-powered bubble jets
- Includes insulated cover, floating chlorine dispenser, ground cloth, filter cartridges, hot tub heater, water test strips, and inflation hot tub pump
- Seats up to 4 persons
- Water Capacity: 210 gallons; Maximum Temperature: 104º F
- Tub walls can lose air easily
- Does not include water treatment chemical starter kit
2. Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
Based on amazon.com ranking, one of the best inflatable hot tubs available now is Coleman’s Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub. The Coleman brand is known for their tough and well-made products. And the Lay-Z Spa hot tub embraces this along with an affordable price.
- Includes Integrated Water Filtration System
- Seat up to 4 to 6 adults
- Water Capacity: 254 gallons; Maximum Temperature: 40ºC
- Has Digital Control Panel
- Constructed from sturdy I-Beam and Leatheroid Exterior
- Control Panel’s LED may be hard to read during the day
- Tiny air holes can develop on some units (To remedy, call customer service or patch up using repair kit)
3. Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami Hot Tub
Bestway’s Lay-Z-Spa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub can be considered the best 4 person inflatable hot tub. The Lay-Z-Spa inflatable is also available in a bigger 6-person hot tub capacity, namely the Palm Springs and Paris models.
- Accommodates up to 4 persons
- Includes built-in heating and water filtration systems
- Operated through a digital control panel
- Includes built-in massage system
- Walls made with sturdy beams
- Covers made with 3 layers of PVC and polyester mesh core
- Includes inflatable hot tub cover, chemical floater, hot tub filter cartridge, and setup/maintenance DVD
- Built-in Filter can have issues
4. Bestway 54155E Outdoor Inflatable Hot Tub
If you fancy an air jet inflatable hot tub that suits well for outdoor use, then you better try this Hawaii Air Jet Inflatable Hot Tub Spa by Bestway.
This has a total of 114 water jets and can accommodate around 4 to 6 people, depending on the body structure and size.
Users of this inflatable hot tub love the fact that it is easy to set up while providing all the things you would need in a hot tub. They agree that this is one of the best inflatable hot tub options in the market today.
- This is a user-friendly hot tub, which can be set up within minutes and can be operated easily.
- The jets are strategically placed to get the best massage experience.
- The combination of the satisfying heat and the relaxing water massage ease those strained muscles, making you feel relaxed.
- Being an energy-saver, this hot tub has an automatic start/stop timer, which can be controlled through the heating system at the side of the tub.
- With an air chamber insulation, leatheroid cover, and tri-tech material, this hot tub can retain heat much longer.
- There are no seats in this hot tub.
- It takes some time to heat the water.
5. MSPA USA Vinyl Round Hot Tub
This is the best inflatable hot tub in the market for many reasons. The tub has 118 jets to give you a relaxing bath. It is affordable and a great way to relax after a long day. Included is a variable speed pump that heats the tub in about 8 hours.
It is designed to accommodate 4 people and comes with an Ozonator. Nevertheless, there is a bigger hot tub size that can accommodate up to 6 people. This hot tub features a round shape, making it great for houses with children. Impressively, it is made with vinyl material which holds well even after years of use.
- Made of vinyl
- It has a water capacity of 245 gallons
- Have 118 jets
- It has a classic round shape
- Has 110-120 volts
- Maximum temperature: 104 degrees
- Includes: Cover,
- Classic round shape
- The product has a light gray premium PVC liner, which comes with a soft pattern
- Easy to control
- Freeze resistant
- Heating the tub takes long (8hrs)
- The product does not come with light options.
6. MSPA USA Delight Aurora Vinyl Round Hot Tub
This product comes with unique features to give you an exceptional bath experience. It is large enough to fit 6 people. Hence, it is worth considering if you are after a hot tub for your entire family.
It is crafted from vinyl and comes with a whopping 138 jets. According to mspa usa inflatable hot tub reviews, the jets work well and give a luxury feeling each time. Ultimately, it is worth considering for anyone that is after a spa-like experience.
This hot tub can hold hot temperatures of up to 104 degrees Celsius. It is also designed with an apparatus that has a voltage of 110. Other great features of this hot tub include a built-in control system, air chamber design.
- Type: Inflatable
- Material: vinyl
- Maximum capacity: 6
- Water capacity: 245 gallons of water
- Temperature: 40- 104 F
- 1-year warranty
- It has an insulated cover
- It is a freeze resistant
- High 245 gallons
- Accommodates up to 6 people
- Doesn’t include Ozonator
- Light is not included
- Requires installation
MSpa Starry Delight Bubble Spa Review
7. MSPA USA Delight Tekapo Inflatable Hot Tub in Charcoal Gray
If you are after an inflatable hot tub that has a great capacity and accommodates up to six persons, great capacity, and decent water capacity, this product might be worth considering. It is designed with 132 jets that release bubbles to give you a relaxing bath.
The construction is durable thanks to the vinyl construction. It has a beautiful charcoal gray color that will most likely compliment your interior and exterior décor. Plus, the water temperature can heat up to 104 degrees F. So, you can be assured of a warm bath each time you get in the hot tub.
- The product is made of vinyl
- Has 132 air jets that release bubbles
- Power voltage: 120
- Water capacity: 245 gallons
- Weight: 65lbs
- Optimum temperature: 104 degrees
- Included: locking cover, filter
- Excellent water capacity
- Sturdy design
- Produces bubbles
- Omits Ozonator and steps
8. MSPA USA Elite Baikal Inflatable Hot Tub in Charcoal Gray
Designed to accommodate 4 people, this inflatable hot tub can be a great addition to any home. It is a bubble spa with 118 jets and 4 hydromassage jets. Better yet, the jets are easy to adjust depending on your desired direction or water flow.
This is a great spec that gives the tub excellent value for money. Something else that makes it the best inflatable hot tub is the vinyl construction. Plus, it features an outstanding midnight blue color that will stand out when placed anywhere in your home.
- Type: Inflatable
- It is made of vinyl
- The product has a water capacity of 245 gallons
- Temperatures can rise to 104 degrees
- Have a 110 power voltage
- Has 132 jets
- Water capacity: 184 gallons
- Freeze resistant
- Jets are adjustable
- Includes Ozonator
- Doesn’t include light
- Water capacity may be low
Read more: A Review of the Best MSPA Spas In the Market
9. Aleko 2 Person 130 Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
This inflatable hot tub is oval and can fit 2 persons. This hot tub comes in a dark blue color. It can pretty much be suited to almost any house aesthetic. Just like any regular hot tubs, this inflatable hot tub is the perfect relief for any aching joints, body pain, and a stressed mind.
One of the features that you will surely enjoy with this hot tub is the drink tray, which is perfect for a dip and sip kind of thing.
The perfect temperature for hot tubs is usually 104 degrees. The temperature for this hot tub can reach up to 108 degrees. The perfect feature for those who love a warmer experience.
This tub can also handle a total of 145 gallons of water.
The cover included is also great for trapping the heat of the hot tub.
Pros of this Aleko 2 Person 130 Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
Cons of the Inflatable Hot Tub
- Can Only Fit 2 People
- Takes Hours to Reach 100 degrees
- Cools Down Real Fast
10. 4-Person 130-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
This circle-shaped inflatable hot tub has a capacity of up to 4 people. It comes in a brown and white color which is a perfect blend for a nature-themed outdoor area. It can also be placed in any outdoor area like a patio or backyard garden.
This tub is pretty budget-friendly that almost anyone can afford. This tub also has a capacity of up to 210 gallons of water.
This inflatable hot tub is perfect for friends and families since it has a space big enough for 4 people to enjoy and relax.
This tub is also made with vinyl, making it very durable, so moving around the tub won’t be any problem at all.
Keeping this tub clean and ready-to-use anytime is very easy thanks to the cover that it comes with. The tub is also resistant to frost so if your place is quite chilly, you won’t a problem using this there.
Pros of this Aleko 4 Person 130 Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
- Comes in other colors (light blue)
- Accessible Price
- Freeze Resistant
- Fits 4 people
- The warranty lasts 90 days
- Cover (also comes in different colors)
- Filter included
Cons of the Inflatable Hot Tub
- Requires a bigger space
- Hard-to-Find Parts
- Manual isn’t well-written
- Takes a few hours to heat up
11. 6-Person 130-Jet Vinyl Square Inflatable Hot Tub
This hot tub is pretty great when you have a lot of friends or a big family since it can handle up to 6 people. The jet is powerful enough to give a relaxing massage. The price is also very cheap, even to those who have a low income. The color and design of the inflatable hot tub are quite nice and would be perfect for any outdoor design.
This hot tub comes in a rectangular shape. The water capacity for this hot tub is 250 gallons. It is made with vinyl, making it a durable hot tub.
Pros of this Aleko 6-Person 130-Jet Vinyl Square Inflatable Hot Tub
- Easy Installation
- Fits 6 People
- 90-day Warranty
- Cover included
- Filter Cartridge Included
- Powerful Jets
Cons of the Inflatable Hot Tub
- Huge Space required
- Requires a lot of water
- The heating up process takes a while
- Parts are hard to find
Read more: Aleko Inflatable Hot Tub: Is it Hot Enough?
12. Coleman Helsinki 7-Person 81-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
The Coleman Helsinki 7-Person Hot Tub offers exceptional relaxation for up to 7 adults. This inflatable tub features a wooden print which I imagine to surely look great in your backyard. Additionally, given that this hot tub is inflatable and easily portable, you can choose to install or remove it from your yard any time you want.
This inflatable hot tub is a proud product by Coleman, a Chicago-based outdoor products manufacturer. This company produces premium-quality outdoor leisure merchandise and they are most especially renowned for their camping gear products.
- This inflatable hot tub is big enough for 7 people to sit comfortably.
- As it is an inflatable tub, dismantling and storing it is very convenient.
- This hot tub features a rustic wood print that surely complements any outdoor space.
- This hot tub inflates within minutes and rapidly heats up the water for a maximum of 104 degrees.
- It comes with a cushioned flooring and 81 pieces of air jets for optimum comfort.
- Given that this hot tub is fairly large, it might take up a huge space in small yards.
- I found that the kit does not include detailed instructions for installation.
- Due to the lack of sufficient installation instructions, setting up this tub can take a while.
Given the exceptional comfort and relaxation this inflatable hot tub offers; I think that it gives a good bang for the buck.
Read more: Coleman Helsinki 7-Person Reviews
13. Coleman Hawaii Portable 6-Person 60-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub
The Coleman Hawaii Inflatable Hot Tub offers everything a traditional hot tub does without taking up too much space in your home. Produced by the company Coleman, this inflatable hot tub doesn’t take long to fully inflate, taking only a few minutes to do so.
It also uses a quick heating system that allows it to heat the water within minutes. Aside from this, it also features air jets that serve as massagers. These, when combined with the efficient heating system, offers an excellent way for users to sit back and relax after a long day.
Durability is not an issue as it’s constructed with three-ply material, making it longer-lasting while still providing you with the utmost comfort. What’s more is it’s large enough to seat six persons at once, but it can be deflated and stored after each use.
It’s also available at a more budget-friendly price tag, making it more accessible for those with budget constraints.
The only downside is that the heater may not be as powerful as traditional hot tubs. However, this is somewhat to be expected as it’s meant to be portable.
- An efficient heating system and inflation time
- The affordable and budget-friendly price point
- Highly durable and long-lasting due to the 3-ply material used
- Inflatable, making it highly portable and space-saving
- Can be deflated and stored after use
- The heater isn’t as powerful as traditional hot tubs
Read more: Coleman Hawaii Portable 6-Person Reviews
14. GoPlus 4 Person Portable Hot Tub
If you are considering to buy an inflatable hot tub that can work best with concrete, smooth floors and limited spaces, then this portable hot tub from Goplus is for you. It is the perfect hot tub for a quick relaxing experience.
- It has an automated Goplus system that you can activate or opt to set the temperature manually with its soft touch control panel.
- It can easily be deflated, folded, and carried anywhere with its durable handles.
- Compared to other brands, this hot tub has a unique fabric coated outer cover with an insulated ground cloth inner walls. Thus, it provides a boosted heat retention for a more enjoyable bath.
- It comes with easy snap-off filter cartridges for cleaning and maintenance.
- This hot tub has a built-in treatment system for hard or tap water, thus making spa water gentler on the skin.
- It has a cover with foil lining and zipper to keep dirt and leaves from coming onto the water.
- It can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults inside the tub.
- The replacement filters are hard to find in the market.
- The automatic thermostat is hard to turn off and control.
How to Look After Your Inflatable Hot Tub
Just like regular hot tubs, inflatable hot tubs also require some maintenance so that they stay in great condition. They have a tiny filter, unlike their regular counterparts, and cleaning this regularly is very important.
Test pH and alkalinity
A water test kit makes testing your water easy. If your inflatable hot tub does not come with such a kit, you can easily find it at any store that carries pool and spa supplies. Once you have tested the water, adjust it using the necessary chemicals. A good pH range for a portable hot tub is between 7.4 and 7.6. A pH that is too low may damage your hot tub’s vinyl and thus damage the tub.
Sanitize the hot tub each time before you use it. If not in use, doing so weekly is fine. A sanitizing solution is usually used for this.
Check the filter
You need to check the filter regularly, at least one a week. You may need to check your manual to find the filter, as each manufacturer may install it in a different location. It is, however, usually near the heating unit on the outside of the tub.
Replace the water regularly
It is a good idea to drain the water at least once a month (every three or four weeks) and then to clean the inside using a mild detergent, water, and a damp sponge. Then rinse it thoroughly making sure there is no soapy residue. You can use a hose for this. Once dry, you can fold and store it if not going to make use of it any time soon.
Do remember that, once you refill it, you need to check the pH and alkalinity again as well as repeat the sanitization process.
Benefits of Using Inflatable Hot Tubs
Inflatable hot tubs are not home improvement fads. They serve a number of purposes that will surely benefit you and your home as well.
Economical Alternative to Hard Hot Tubs or Jacuzzis
Not everyone can afford to have a hard hot tub built inside their homes or in patios. Built-in best hot tubs can cost upwards $2,000. An inflatable hot tub is an affordable alternative while still experiencing the same features that a regular hot tub can do. Having your own inflatable hot tub also means you will spend lesser time at the local spa. Your money spent on hot tub baths is better spent on your own inflatable hot tub setup which you can use anytime.
Portable and Easy-To-Install
One of the major advantages of an inflatable hot tub is its portability. It can be setup in your backyard during summer months or rolled up and stored away during winter months. Most inflatable hot tubs will come with air pumps that will allow you to inflate and deflate within a few minutes. This portability also means that you can take the device on vacations and it can also be easily disassembled if you are moving houses.
A Good Way to Promote Family Bonding Moments or Entertain Guests
An inflatable hot tub can become the focal point in your backyard where your family can relax and spend time together. Most hot tubs can fit four to six people which are perfect for a small family. If you have guests, you can also let them try out soaking in the hot tub.
Self-Relaxation Health Benefits
People who have back problems report a decrease in back pain after a few minutes soak in their own inflatable hot tubs. The water in the hot tub and the jet bubbles produced helps massage and relax your back muscles. Your whole body will also feel more rejuvenated after each soak. The perfect time to go for a hot tub soak is after a hard day’s work.
Disadvantages of Using Inflatable Hot Tubs
As with most products, however, inflatable hot tubs also have their disadvantages.
They take long to heat up
An inflatable spa takes quite long to heat up, average an increase in temperature of about 2 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit per hour. This means you need to estimate one day for heating before using your spa, unless you prefer cold water.
You may see a rise in your heating costs
The cost of heating your inflatable spa depends on a number of factors, such as are you using it inside, or outside, and how often do you use it.
Portable spas used outside tend to lose heat quicker than those inside, while you would also use less power if you used it every day. The initial heating up of the water takes some time and pushed up your heating cost, whereas the more often you use it, the more the water temperature stays the same as you would only be increasing heat when the water cools down.
Seating may be a problem
Inflatable hot tubs do not usually have built-in seating. This means you do not have the advantage of regular hot tubs where you can sit back in a bucket seat and relax. You usually sit on the bottom of the inflatable hot tub which has cushioning. Many people, though, prefer a raised seat.
What You Need to Consider Before Purchasing an Inflatable Hot Tub
Before deciding on the best hot tub for your needs, and before purchasing an inflatable hot tub, you first need to do some homework.
One of the first things you need to think about is the size requirements and space. The more space you have, the larger the inflatable hot tub that you can buy. You do, however, need to remember that the bigger your hot tub, the more water is needed to fill it up and the higher your heating costs involved.
You can use inflatable hot tubs both indoors and outdoors, but whatever you decide, you need to make sure you have sufficient space for the one you decide on buying. The up side is that you can install it anywhere, whether in your laundry room (space permitting), on the patio, your deck, or even on your lawn. Where you put it is up to you, so long as the area is level. Because they are portable, you can even change your location.
Inflatable hot tubs have a plug that can be plugged into a household socket. There is not need to rewire anything, but you need to make sure that a socket is accessible as using it with an extension need is not really advised.
Tips for Inflatable Hot Tub Use
Just any household appliance, you will need to take care of your inflatable hot tub to ensure that you will be using it for a very long time. Here are some helpful tips for using an inflatable hot tub:
Read the manufacturer’s installation manual and watch installation videos.
Different inflatable tub model will have a different mode of installation so make sure to read the manual prior to assembling the unit. Also make sure to watch installation DVD if included or watch YouTube videos of other customers who have successfully installed their own inflatable hot tubs. If still uncertain and have more questions, you can always call your inflatable hot tub’s customer service hotline.
Make sure your hot tub is connected to a dedicated electric socket.
This is to ensure that the hot tub does not short circuit or experience any electrical surges in your home. If you are placing your inflatable hot tub outdoors, make sure that this socket is placed far away to avoid splashes from the tub. Never use an extension cord for your inflatable hot tub.
Do not use your inflatable hot tub outdoors if the temperature reaches below 4ºC or 40ºF.
Inflatable hot tubs are not suitable for use in environments with a temperature below 4ºC or 40ºF since the hot tub’s pump mechanism could freeze and permanently damage it. To prevent this, also make sure to deflate and store the hot tub. Or transfer the inflatable hot tub inside your home where the temperature is more than 4ºC or 40ºF.
Set up the inflatable hot tub on a flat surface.
Set up your inflatable hot tub in a flat, even surface so that it could uniformly hold the weight of the tub and the people inside it. Most hot tubs will come with an insulation liner that you can place underneath the hot tub before inflating it. You can read inflatable hot tub reviews to see whether a hot tub brand includes a free insulation liner or not.
Try out inflatable hot tub accessories.
If you want to make full use of your hot tub experience, make sure to purchase hot tub accessories like glass holders, headrests, inflatable benches, extra filter cartridges, pool/tub sponges, and spa seats. These accessories are not included in a basic inflatable hot tub setup. Spare parts and accessories can also be purchased from After Sales suppliers or from your hot tub’s manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to setup my inflatable hot tub?
Different inflatable hot tub models have different step by step procedures in their manuals. But the basic installation steps are as follows:
- Select a flat, even surface where you intend to place the inflatable hot tub.
- Unbox the hot tub, connect the inflatable tub to the pump/heater mechanism, plug to an electric socket, and begin inflation.
- Once the tub is inflated, begin filling with water. This may take 1-2 hours depending on the size of your tub and water pressure.
- Perform a shock dose treatment for your tub’s water. And wait 24 hours for the water to be fully treated.
- Enjoy your hot tub!
What chemicals should I use for my hot tub and how do I use them?
Each inflatable hot tub models have different compatible pool/spa chemicals for them. This is why it is important for you to read your hot tub’s manual prior to using them. Some manufacturers will include water treatment starter kits when purchasing the unit so this is the best way to learn how to use them.
Learning about water treatment and chemical dosages for your hot tub is more practical than replacing the tub water each day.
When is it best to change your hot tub water?
Ideally, it is best to replace your inflatable hot tub’s water once every month or if/when the tub water has turned green and murky. Greenish and murky water likely means that algae have grown in the water and therefore no longer safe. When this occurs, drain your tub’s water and clean your hot tub thoroughly before refilling for use.
What if my hot tub has a hole?
Accidents may occur and despite your hot tub’s sturdy built, holes can appear. Once you have located the hole in your hot tub, patch up this hole using the repair kit included in your hot tub purchase.
Can I use the hot tub during winter?
Your inflatable hot tub should not be placed in an environment with temperatures less than 4ºC or 40ºF. This can cause irreversible damage to your hot tub’s pump and heater. If your inflatable hot tub is placed in your patio, backyard or lawn, it is best to transfer it to a warmer location inside your home or just pack and store it away during the winter season.
How much does an inflatable hot tub cost compared to a regular hard hot tub?
Most inflatable hot tubs cost between $300 and $1000. Refurbished ones may cost slightly less than that while other high-end inflatable hot tubs can cost a little more than $1400.
This price range is still significantly lower than a permanent hard hot tub which you can find in spas or which you can have constructed in your home. Permanent hot tub construction can cost as high as $16,000 to $20,000.
Are Hot Tubs Safe for Children?
Inflatable hot tubs are safe for older children under parent supervision. They are not, however, safe for use with a baby. When bathing your baby, rather make use of a baby bath tub.
Reading inflatable hot tub reviews is one of the best ways to see if a hot tub is a right choice for you or not. There are a lot of inflatable tubs available now and these reviews offer an efficient use of your time while giving you an honest take on these products.
In the end, it is your choice that will matter. How much do you want to enjoy yourself with your own inflatable hot tub and can you picture yourself lounging in a hot tub, preferably with a glass of wine, after a hard day’s work? These are the questions that you need to answer before you can make that choice.