Cleaning your pool is important to ensure you and your loved one’s safety and comfort while you are using it. However, keeping its cleanliness is not that easy, but with the help of a good pool cleaner, such tedious task has become much easier. So, in this article, we present you our Polaris pool cleaner reviews.
Top 5 Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaner Reviews
Among the pool cleaners from Polaris, the 5 below are the ones who have received the most positive reviews from the customers.
1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 165 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Polaris is an industry leader when it comes to pool cleaners and they have retained a solid reputation for producing quality products. The Polaris 165 pool cleaner is a great innovation loosens all the debris in places that are hard to reach with the help of the jet sweep assembly. It has a pressure side cleaner that sweeps all the sides and lowermost of the pool in three or fewer hours.
The Pros of This Polaris 165 Pool Cleaner
- Easy to connect
- Affordable price
- Efficient-Removes all debris
- Suitable for fiberglass or vinyl pools
- Has a 32 feet long hose
- Doesn’t need a booster pump to operate
- Designed for pools of 8 feet deep
- Contains 1-year warranty
Cons of The Polaris Pool Cleaner
- Coils into circles and tangles
- Tends to get stuck in the pool
- Not ideal for large or concrete pool surfaces
- 32-feet hose
- Filter bag
- Patented jet sweep assembly
- Connects to 1.5” threaded return line
- Pressure side cleaner
The pool cleaner works well and removes all the debris at the bottom of the pool. It is efficient since it will save you time and money. Due to its small size, this unit works well for smaller pools and is only suited to fiberglass and vinyl. Nonetheless, it is not a great option for large and concrete pools.
Who is this product for?
The Polaris 165 pool cleaner is designed for property owners who want to get rid of built up debris on unreachable surfaces in their in-ground pools. It is a great value for money if you want the efficiency and convenience of a pool cleaner to reduce the overall maintenance time of your in-ground pool.
This pool cleaner uses pressure to sweep off debris that could not be removed manually with ease. It is a high-quality machine that will do a decent job of cleaning your pool. If you spend the whole day cleaning the pool manually and still leave some debris on the ground, this product suits your needs.
Key Features and Benefits of the Product
Here are key features and benefits of the product:
- Jet Sweep Assembly: The jet sweep assembly is perfectly enabled to blow water with pressure to loosen the debris. It touches the surfaces that are hard to reach and sweeps the debris into the filter bag.
- Unique Filter Bag: The design of the filter bag enables it to remove the debris before it reaches the pump basket. Thus, it saves the filtration system from quick wear and tear.
- 36 Feet Hose: This pool cleaner is designed with a 36-feet hose that is long enough to reach the hard areas of the pool. However, a downside of the hose is that it easily tangles and tips over. It is also too stiff, and this can prevent better maneuverability of the cleaner.
- Easy Installation: The product comes with a manual that has easy instructions on how to fix the pool cleaner. Even for a first-timer, 5 minutes are enough, and after this, the machine is ready to work.
- Value for Price: Considering the perfect work that the machine performs, the price is considerable. You will have value for your money.
Polaris 165 pool cleaner reviews are plenty, with most customers indicating that the item served them well. However, some customers were quick to note that they experienced glitches, especially with the hose, which they described as too small. Here are some of the reviews.
- “So, I purchased another Polaris. It was the best decision. Works so easily. Moves to every corner of the pool and use the return water. If you insert the hose properly, it won’t entangle. I love it. And the price is reasonable”.
- “I have been operating Polaris 165 for a week, and I have not encountered any problems.”
- “I don’t know the machine flipped over last night. It entangled and lay on top of the coiled hose upside down. The jet spewed water from the pool. I only operate it when I can watch over it.”
- “Love this product. It makes your pool hassle-free.”
- “Stays in the same position and goes in circles.”
- “The pool cleaner only rotates backward and not forward.”
Like the Polaris 165 pool cleaner, the Pentair 360228 Kreepy Krauly Racer Pressure-Side In-ground Pool Cleaner is designed to remove debris from inside the pool. However, it is a great alternative because it has 30% faster cleaning pressure and thus offers more efficiency. Its rotating side brushes scrub the surface to ensure effective cleaning.
Also, it captures more debris of large sizes and has LED lights that illuminate during the night. While Pentair cleans faster and can be used at night, the chassis breaks easily, and you need to repair it regularly.
Polaris 165 Pool Cleaner FAQ
- Where can I buy the Polaris 165 poll cleaner? The product is available in many local distributors and is reasonably priced at Amazon store. It can be delivered locally within 7 days or shipped for international buyers. Usually, it will take a maximum of 3 weeks.
- How long should I run my Polaris pool cleaner? On average, your Polaris pool cleaner should take 3 hours to clean an in-ground pool. However, this will depend on the amount of debris in your pool. Also, ensure that it doesn’t run for an extended period as this can wear it off.
- Can I use my Polaris pool cleaner to clean concrete surfaces? No, the Polaris 165 pressure vacuum is not powerful enough to get rid of dirt on concrete surfaces. It can only be used for vinyl and fiberglass surfaces.
2. Polaris 360 In Ground Pressure Side Swimming Pool Cleaner
The Polaris 360 is the updated version of the Polaris 280 model. It’s basically a pressure side pool cleaner that uses three jet nozzles and can even operate without the need for a booster pump.
It’s manufactured by the Zodiac company which is known for manufacturing high-quality products in the swimming pool industry.
- Large bottom opening
- Advanced cleaning technology
- No booster pump necessary
- Three jet nozzles
The Pros of This Polaris Vac-Sweep 360
- Easy to maintain
- Can function even with no booster pump
- Comes with three jet nozzles
- Belt driven mechanism
Cons of The Polaris Pool Cleaner
- Quite expensive
- The replacement parts can be a bit expensive
- Not ideal for large pools
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 uses a combination of the belt-driven mechanism and three jet nozzles for quick and efficient cleaning. Moreover, it doesn’t require a booster pump and instead operates on your system’s ambient pressure, thereby allowing you to save cash in the long run.
Who the Polaris 360 is For
The Polaris 360 is perfect for those who want to clean their pools with a cleaner that doesn’t run on a booster pump. Moreover, due to its really affordable price, it allows everyone to save more money while keeping their pool cleaned and well-maintained without the need to invest in high-end and more expensive cleaners.
Compared to other pool cleaners on the market, the Polaris 360 is durable enough to scrub even the dirtiest pool floors, making it possibly the best pool cleaner on a budget.
Key Features of the Polaris 360
- No booster pump operation: One of the best things about a pressure side cleaner is that it only uses water that the pump is pumping, thereby placing less strain on your pool pump. However, it means that you will need a booster pump just to create the proper pressure needed by your cleaner. However, the Polaris 360 eliminates the need for that. It can operate even without a booster pump and instead uses the water which is pumped by your pool circulation system. As a result, you can enjoy a far more efficient operation at a relatively lower upfront investment.
- Three jet nozzles: Compared to other pressure pool cleaners, the Polaris 360 comes with three jet nozzles for faster and more efficient cleaning.
- Belt driven mechanism: Another notable feature of the Polaris 360 is that it uses a belt-driven mechanism as opposed to a shaft-driven one common in most pressure pool cleaners. This means that it contains less moving parts which translate to fewer parts wearing out. As a result, you can benefit from less downtime since the maintenance and repair requirements don’t happen that often. Moreover, it’s a lot easier and less expensive to repair a worn belt than it is with a shaft drive.
- “After using for about 15 years, my old Polaris 280 cleaner finally gave up. That was when I decided to buy the 360 as a replacement. After installing it and having it run for about an hour, I found that it’s quite efficient in cleaning as opposed to my old 280. It’s definitely worth it!”
- “It’s certainly not the best cleaners in the market, but for me, it works perfectly, is fairly priced, and quite easy to set up. Overall, I think it’s worth the price considering how efficient it’s capable of cleaning my pool.”
- “Bought the unit last week. When I connected it to my pool system, I found out that the wheels aren’t moving properly. One of the wheels also fell off after very light use. It could have worked perfectly if not for that.”
- Does it come with a warranty? The Polaris 360 has a standard ten-year warranty for its frame while only a one-year warranty for the other parts.
- How much does it cost? The Polaris 360 is sold at Amazon for approximately $599 with FREE shipping if you’re from the US.
- What makes it different from the Polaris 380? The Polaris 360 is generally a cheaper version of the Polaris 380. Compared to the 380, it doesn’t require a booster pump to operate which makes it a more affordable option.
Polaris Vac Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner review
3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure-Side In-Ground Swimming Pool Cleaner
The Vac-Sweep 280 is another cleaner from Polaris for your in-ground pool. It’s a cleaner that is pressure-side, but unlike the Vac-Sweep 360, this model does require a separate Polaris booster pump. With an iconic 3-wheel drive, the 280 sweeps, scrubs, and suctions the surfaces of your in-ground pool. Connects readily to a 1.5” dedicated pressure cleaner line and comes with 31 feet of feed hose.
- Automatically sweeps, scrubs, and suctions the floor and wall surfaces of your in-ground pool
- Cleans pool within 3 hours
- Operates on its own booster pump (Polaris booster pump is required and is sold separately)
- Connects readily to an available 1.5” pressure line
- Comes with 31’feed hose
- Pool Type: In-Ground
- Cleans very well
- Experiences difficulty in navigating square corners
- Doesn’t stay at the pool bottom very well
- The tube material reacts with pool water content
4. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
The Polaris 9550 is a typical robotic cleaner that runs on a 4wheel drive. The cleaner features Aqua-Trax tire for pool surfaces and features ActivMotion Sensor Technology to promote better navigation. It has swinging brushes that remove stubborn stains and contaminants its proprietary Vortex Vacuum Technology picks up even large debris quickly. Pool debris is readily accessed from the top of the cleaner which sports a large filter canister – no need to fuss with messy bags. The 9550 also features a weekly programmable timer, which includes built-in cleaning patterns, and a handheld motion-sensing remote. The 9550 also features a durable alloy caddy for transport and storage.
- Robotic cleaner runs on a 4wheel drive
- Aqua-Trax tires are optimized for the surfaces of your pool
- ActivMotion Sensor Technology offers excellent navigation capability
- Vortex Vacuum Technology picks up larger debris at the same timekeeping maximum suction
- The rear water propulsion system cleans hard-to-reach dirt and debris under stairs as well as in tight corners
- Hasa 7-day programmable timer, plus hand-held remote and durable alloy caddy.
- Pool Type: In-ground
- Cleans very well, especially with the optional fine filter
- Uses a lot less electricity than other cleaners
- Inconsistent cleaning
- May require maintenance after time
5. 3900 Vac-Sweep Sport Pool Cleaner
As one of the best pool cleaner, this one has a 31 ft. feed hose and a 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line. It also has an auto-reverse feature that prevents it from getting stuck or hang-up.
What Did Customers Have To Say:
Customers did not have a hard time using this pool cleaner as operating instructions are already included in the box. They are also very happy upon seeing how clean their pool was after using it.
- It has more torque that makes cleaning quicker.
- It features the TailSweep PRO that helps in cleaning the hard to reach places.
- It cleans even large debris.
- It does not spray water outside of the pool.
- It is a compact pool cleaner.
- A booster pump is needed for this pool cleaner.
To end this article, we would like to declare Polaris F9550 as the best robotic pool cleaner, considering how it can clean even ultra-fine silt and sand. Also, it does not only clean pool walls and floors, but it cleans the tile line as well. It even has an ActivMotion Sensor that optimizes its cleaning capacity while reducing the tendency of cord tangling whenever it is in use.
Polaris is one of the most known brands offering quality pool cleaners in the different parts of the world. So, if you are planning to buy one, you might as well consider buying from them.