If you’re experiencing Edema, if you suffer from plantar fasciitis, or if you simply want to have a healthier blood circulation, you would pay a king’s ransom for an awesome foot massage. However with everything going on, you just never have enough time to go to a spa. Well, the next best thing is to get yourself the best foot massager and enjoy the benefits of a professional foot massage right in the comforts of your home!
Best Foot Massager Reviews
1. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
This 11-speed foot massager manufactured by MedMassager is hailed as the most powerful electric massager available to the public. This weighs 11 pounds with a dimension of 16 x 12 x 9.5 inches. The product comes in black color.
2. SPT Reflexology Foot Massager (AB-762R)
The SPT reflexology foot massager with Infrared Sauna has an ergonomic design, which helps you maintain a good posture while having the massage. This product weighs 21 pounds and has a dimension of 20.5 x 17 x 9.5 inches. The product comes with a sleek red design.
3. uComfy Silver Shiatsu Foot Massager 2.0
This oval shaped shiatsu foot massager, a product of uComfy, has 5 levels of massage intensity modes and a built-in heater. The shipping weight is 10 pounds and has a dimension of 17.7 x 15 x 18.1 inches. This product comes in smooth silver color.
4. F4 Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
This well-made and nice looking shiatsu foot massager with built-in heat function is a product of Brookstone. This product weighs 12.6 pounds. It has a dimension of 16.8 x 8.8 x 14.4 inches and comes in a matte black design.
5. Shiatsu Foot Massager With Kneading and Rolling Leg By Best Choice
This massager by Best Choice Products is one the best shiatsu foot massagers on the market. This weighs 13.50 pounds with a dimension of 22 x 12 x 10 inches. This product comes in four colors: red burgundy, red, pink, and black.
6. Heat Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager By Kendal
This multifunctional product is manufactured by Personal Health Studio or Kendal. This product has been reviewed by many customers. This weighs 9.5 pounds with a dimension of 16 x 16 x 9 inches. This product comes in white color.
7. Shiatsu Foot Massager By Giantex
This particular shiatsu massager is manufactured by Giantex. This product has been reviewed by hundreds of customers. This product has a dimension of 23″ X13″ X10″. This product comes in black and red colors.
8. Shiatsu Therapy Foot Massager By NURSAL
This shiatsu massager is manufactured by NURSAL. It features a heat function and a full coverage from heel to toe. This product’s shipping weight is 12.1 pounds with a dimension of L427 x W388 x H260 mm. This product comes in a sleek grey design.
9. Shiatsu Foot Massager with Remote Control By SereneLife
This shiatsu massager is by SerenLife. It features a heat function and an even fuller coverage from the heels, toes, and to your ankles. This product has outstanding reviews. This product’s weight is 13.2 pounds with a dimension of 11 x 15.8 x 17.7 inches. This product comes in a sleek grey design.
10. Shiatsu Foot Massager with Built-in Heat Function By Beurer North America
This shiatsu foot massager with built-in heat function is a product made by Beurer North America. This product has been reviewed by many customers with good customer feedback. This product’s weight is 6.8 pounds with a dimension of 15 x 17 x 5.5 inches. This product comes in a sleek white-grey design.
11. Shiatsu Deep-Kneading Foot Massager By Miko
This shiatsu foot massager by Miko, features deep-kneading, multi-level settings, and switchable heat options. This product’s shipping weight is 11.9 pounds with a dimension of 43x40x20 cm. This product comes in a sleek charcoal grey design.
12. Shiatsu Foot Massager, deep kneading By Homedics
This foot massager by Homedics is one of the best shiatsu foot massagers on the market. This product’s shipping weight is 6.8 pounds with a dimension of 14.5 x 13.5 x 4.5 inches. This product comes in a sleek dark charcoal grey design.
13. Shiatsu Foot Therapy Massager By Belmint
This foot massager by Belmint is one of the best foot massagers on our market that offers shiatsu foot therapy. This product’s weight is 7 pounds with a dimension of 13.5 x 14.2 x 5 inches. This product comes in a sleek black design.
14. Foot Massager for Home Use By MARNUR
This foot massager by MARNUR is one of the best home foot massagers that offer shiatsu foot therapy. This product’s shipping weight is 9.3 pounds with a dimension of 418 x W 359x H 230 mm. This product comes in a sleek charcoal grey design.
15. Quilted Shiatsu Foot Massager By Gideon
This foot massager by Gideon is one of the best foot massagers that offer shiatsu foot therapy. This product’s shipping weight is 3.9 pounds with a dimension of 12 x 12 inches. This product comes in a sleek charcoal grey quilted design.
16. Foot Massager with Heated Feet Massage Machine By Naipo
This foot massager by Naipo is one of the best foot massager on our market that offers shiatsu foot massage and heat therapy. This product has receive positive feedback from its users. This product’s shipping weight is 7 pounds. This product comes in a sleek charcoal grey shade.
17. Foot Massager By OrionMotorTech
This product offers shiatsu foot massage and is manufactured by OrionMotorTech. This product’s shipping weight is 16.6pounds and a dimension of 23 x 10 x 14 inches. This product comes in red color.
18. Foot Massager w/ Heat Adjustable Modes By FITFIRST
This foot massager by FITFIRST is a foot massager that offers shiatsu foot massage with heat therapy. A lot of its users are quite impressed by its performance; hence, it is included on our list. This product’s shipping weight is 17.3 pounds. This product comes in a sleek charcoal grey color.
19. Rolling Foot Massager By Zyllion
Looking for rolling massager for home use? This foot massager by Zyllion is one of the best home foot massagers on our market that offer deep tissue shiatsu kneading with heat therapy. This product’s weight is 11 pounds with a dimension of 15.5 x 10.5 x 15.5 inches.
Foot Massager Functions
Foot massagers have a wide array of functions, which usually depend on the style of the massage. The different styles of foot massage are listed below with a short description of their respective functions:
- Shiatsu Massage
Shiatsu means “finger pressure” in the Japanese language. In manual Shiatsu therapy, masseurs apply pressure with their hands to pressure points (traditionally called meridians) on the body. Shiatsu foot massagers simulate the manual shiatsu therapy and help relieve sore feet due to fatigue and overall weakness. They also help to improve blood circulation on the feet.
- Reflexology Massage
Reflexology massage is based on the idea that there are reflex pressure points on the feet that corresponds to other organs and systems of the body. Reflexology massagers stimulate these pressure points, thereby relieving stress in these corresponding areas. This has a tendency of bringing the entire body to a relaxed state as the foot is being massaged.
- Compression Massage
Compression massage employs the application of direct pressure on the muscles as a means of muscle relaxation and rejuvenation. Compression foot massagers often use air pressure. Generally, they relax the foot muscles and help improve circulation.
- Hydrotherapy Massage
In contrast with compression massagers that use air pressure, hydrotherapy massagers make use of water pressure. Hydrotherapy massagers relax the foot muscles, relieve pain, and improve blood circulation in the feet. Most hydrotherapy massagers often incorporate heat and vibration massage settings to give a more soothing and all-inclusive massage experience.
- Vibration Massage
Vibration massage employs the use of light or firm pressure to relax underlying muscles and increase blood flow. Vibration foot massagers are made for this purpose. They also relieve pain and gives a sense of invigoration and as such is very helpful for athletes just before a sporting event.
- Infrared Massage
Some foot massagers are designed to emit infrared rays. These rays can penetrate deep into the muscles of the foot to relax tight muscles, improve circulation, and relieve foot pain. Some other types of foot massagers also incorporate infrared heat into their functions to enhance the relaxation. Portable infrared sauna, a type of infrared massager, improved dilation of blood vessels, increases cardiac output, relieves foot pain and increases metabolism.
- Pressotherapy (Lymphodrainage) Foot Massage
This kind of massage is aimed at improving blood circulation and lymphatic drainage in order to release tension and aid relaxation. This is usually done either manually or by using a far infrared sauna suit (Far infrared foot massage sauna) or a sauna belt. This is very helpful for those who have varicose veins. While pressotherapy massage cannot completely cure varicose veins, it eliminates pain and swelling. The constant infrared heat released by sauna suits and sauna belts are quite effective for reduction of pain. They also make the muscles more flexible and relaxed and improve circulation.
Foot massagers can be beneficial in reducing or alleviating foot pain and some other symptoms in the following health conditions (the most appropriate type of foot massager is indicated in bracket):
- Arthritis (Hydrotherapy Foot Massagers).
- Plantar Fasciitis (Compression Foot Massagers).
- Bunion (Shiatsu Foot Massagers).
- Gout (Hydrotherapy Foot Massagers).
- Migraine and Headache (Reflexology Foot Massagers).
- Lower back pain (Infrared Foot Massagers).
- Flat feet (Shiatsu Foot Massagers).
- Diabetes (Vibration foot massagers).
- Chronic Edema (Lymphodrainage Foot Massagers).
- Premenstrual Syndrome and Menstrual pain (Reflexology Foot Massagers).
10 Benefits of Foot Massage Attested by Experts
Aside from leg massager and back massage machine, getting your own foot massager at home gives a lot of benefits. Studies have proved that applying pressure in the hands and feet has been linked to the health improvement of the other parts of the body. The science behind this is called Reflexology. Although reflexology cannot diagnose or cure health disorders, a lot of people around the world use it in addition to their treatments. While the immediate benefit of a foot massage is elevating the pain currently experienced, there are other proven wondrous side benefits too!
- 1. Encourages Better Sleep
Getting a foot massage just before going to bed can help you sleep better. Stimulating pressure points on your feet can impact the whole body, affecting the organs and glands. By simply massaging the feet you can help yourself or a loved one to drift off to sleep naturally.
- 2. Improves Blood Circulation
When your work does not allow much freedom for movement, and when your diet consists of fast food, or when you experience stress on a daily basis, you run the risk of having a poor blood circulation. This is a result of that sedentary lifestyle you live wherein your blood vessels are congested in fats which hampers your blood circulation.
Countless studies and personal testimonials have proven that a regular foot massage can improve your blood circulation, as it can target all the congested areas that may have blocked your blood flow.
- 3. Helps alleviate Plantar Fasciitis Pain
Plantar Fasciitis is an overuse injury, affecting mostly athletes and people whose job always strains the feet. Although this type of injury needs deep muscle massage therapy and a professional therapist as treatment, having the best foot massager for circulation at home can help you in alleviating the pain when it attacks.
- 4. Fights Depression and Anxiety
Receiving a foot massage can help a person fight depression and anxiety. A depressed and anxious person finds it hard to relax, resulting in experiencing insomnia, hyperventilation, and abnormal heartbeat. It is proven that a great foot massage can help a person beat insomnia and can also promote a healthy blood circulation that guarantees a normal heartbeat.
For this reasons, a person with depression and anxiety can reap positive benefits from having a reliable foot massager at home to help them relax and fight off their condition without the need for pills that may cause negative side effects to the overall health. Help a loved one or yourself fight depression, invest in the best foot massager available on the market.
- 5. Relieves Aches and Pains
The feet have specific points that correspond to the other parts of the body and applying pressure on these certain parts of the feet is a proven way to relieve a person from the aches and pains the feel on those exact parts. If you suffer from headaches, migraines, neck pain, and lower and upper backaches, purchasing one of our best foot massagers will be a great investment. You can ease your aches and pains without the hassle of going to a foot spa.
- 6. Makes Feet Healthier
A proven practice to promote healthy feet is a regular massage. A regular foot massage is said to keep the muscles of your feet supple and promote muscle strength, and when the muscles are flexible and strong, you reduce the chances of having unpleasant foot injuries. What better way to ensure you get regular foot massage than getter your very own home foot massager?
- 7. Alleviates Edema
Pregnancy changes a woman’s body, weight gain and fluid retention can cause strain and swelling in the feet and ankles resulting in a condition called Edema. Edema sufferers are not just pregnant women, there are diseases and conditions that can also cause Edema like Congestive Heart Failure, Cirrhosis, and Kidney Diseases, to name a few.
A regular foot massage can help reduce the swelling and strain on the feet for it helps by removing the excess fluid on the affected area. If you are a person suffering from Edema, then it is time to give yourself much a needed relief.
- 8. Lessens Menopause and PMS Symptoms
Feelings of sadness, insomnia, irritability, bloating, headaches, fatigue, and mood swings are a common symptom that plagues a woman during premenstrual and postmenstrual syndrome (PMS) and especially during menopausal stage. A regular foot massage that targets the correct points which are directly linked to the affected area has been proven to ease the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
- 9. Relieves Restless Leg Syndrome
This is a neurological disorder in which the person suffers from unpleasant throbbing sensations on the legs and experiences an uncontrollable urge to constantly move the legs. This sensation can make it near to impossible for a sufferer to have a good night’s sleep. Although there is no cure for this kind of disorder, a regular foot massage can make wonders for a person suffering from this disorder. Regular foot massage can help promote blood circulation and the overall health of the feet; it will help the person to have a peaceful slumber.
- 10. Normalizes Blood Pressure
The force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood is what we call blood pressure. While it is normal for the blood pressure of a person to rise and fall, depending on the current activity and emotion of that person, the considered normal blood pressure is a systolic pressure below 120 mmHg and a diastolic pressure below 80 mmHg. However, it is considered to be abnormal if the blood pressure is higher (hypertension) or lower (hypotension) than 120/80 mmHg.
A regular foot massage can help keep a person’s blood pressure normal. Poor blood circulation is one of the leading causes of having an abnormal blood pressure and a regular foot massage has been proven to be a great aid in promoting good blood circulation, thus keeping the person’s blood pressure normal.
Foot Massager Disadvantages
Foot massagers are very beneficial. However, they have some few demerits; some of which are highlighted below:
- As good as foot massagers are, they can’t give the same feel and effect as the human touch. Foot massagers simulate but cannot give exactly the same sensation like a direct person touch.
- Most electric massagers would automatically shut off after about 15-30 minutes of use, thus limiting the length of time that they can be used.
- Foot massagers, particularly reflexology foot massagers, are discouraged for pregnant women. Reflexology massagers may trigger labor by stimulating the uterine walls. However, some therapists are trained to avoid reflex pressure points that may trigger contraction of uterine walls when they are massaging pregnant women. This may be a good alternative to foot massagers for pregnant women.
- Foot massagers generally would increase blood flow and circulation and by effect, increase blood pressure. This may not be safe for those who already have abnormal heart rate, high blood pressure, or any other heart condition. Such people are advised to consult with their doctor before using a foot massager.
- Those who have a pacemaker implant are advised not to use foot massagers without first consulting with their doctors. Some foot massagers, like many other electric devices, may damage or interfere with the function of the pacemaker.
- It is extremely risky for those who are suffering from osteoporosis or who have brittle bones to use foot massagers because they are at increased risk of sustaining a fracture even with the application of seemingly light pressure.
- Hemophiliacs should totally avoid using foot massagers without the authorization of their doctor. Micro muscular wounds usually occur in the course of the massage, and this may provoke hemorrhage which is difficult to arrest in hemophiliacs.
- Those who have phlebitis (inflammation of a vein, in which a blood clot may lodge) or thrombosis (presence of blood clot in a vein) should totally avoid the use of foot massagers. The blood clot lodged in the vein may be dislodged in the course of the massage, and may then travel in the circulation and ultimately lodge itself in a vital organ like the heart, brain, or lungs. A blood clot in a vital organ may be life-threatening.
- Those who have a fever should stay away from a foot massage. Foot massagers cause a measure of the increase in body temperature, which is significant enough to aggravate the fever.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some FAQ’s to help you in your decision in buying the best home foot massager:
- 1. Does a foot massager help with arthritis?
According to Dr. Tiffany Field, the director of the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine who conducted a number of studies on the benefits of massage, regularly massaging the muscles and joints can result in a significant reduction in pain for people suffering from arthritis. Although you need a licensed physical therapist to help you treat arthritis, having your own foot massager at home can give you significant help in relieving the onset of pain when symptoms of your condition attacks when your physical therapist is not available.
- 2. Can pregnant women go for a foot massage?
A lot of pregnant women are apprehensive about getting a foot massage for it is a misconception that foot massage might cause early labor. Yes, there is a particular massage that when administered, aids in bringing about natural labor. However, that massage needs to stimulate a particular acupressure point, and it needs to be done bilaterally. Accidentally stimulating these acupressure points is next to impossible, for only those who are professionally trained are aware of the exact location of these points.
In light of that, it is absolutely safe for pregnant women to go for a foot massage without any fear of causing harm to themselves or the baby in their womb. In fact, foot massage is highly beneficial to a pregnant woman. It is a proven method to alleviate Edema. However, if you still have apprehensions it is best to ask your doctor.
- 3. What is the best foot massager for Diabetics?
Massage has been to proven to help increase blood circulation. An increased blood circulation can encourage cellular intake of glucose and improve insulin utilization. It also helps restore nerve functionality and sensation in a diabetic person. Having diabetes can take a toll on the whole well-being of a person, and having a soothing massage to help them relax allows their body to restore harmonic organ balance and having an easy access to a regular massage at home will be beneficial for the person suffering from diabetes. However, it is best to consult your doctor to help you choose the right foot massager option for you.
Purchasing the best foot massager is a sound investment. You will not be the only one enjoying the benefits of having one, but your whole family can enjoy it as well.
Among the top 15 product mentioned in our 2017 foot massager reviews list, I highly recommend the Shiatsu Foot Massager, deep kneading By Homedics. The product’s review says it all! It delivers its promise to provide you a deep and relaxing massage experience and multiple health benefits, including tension relief, relaxation of your muscle pain, and an increase blood flow and circulation.
Thank you so much for reading, enjoy your new purchase and share this with others who intend to buy their very own foot massager!
- 1 Best Foot Massager Reviews
- 1.1 1. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
- 1.2 2. SPT Reflexology Foot Massager (AB-762R)
- 1.3 3. uComfy Silver Shiatsu Foot Massager 2.0
- 1.4 4. F4 Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
- 1.5 5. Shiatsu Foot Massager With Kneading and Rolling Leg By Best Choice
- 1.6 6. Heat Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager By Kendal
- 1.7 7. Shiatsu Foot Massager By Giantex
- 1.8 8. Shiatsu Therapy Foot Massager By NURSAL
- 1.9 9. Shiatsu Foot Massager with Remote Control By SereneLife
- 1.10 10. Shiatsu Foot Massager with Built-in Heat Function By Beurer North America
- 1.11 11. Shiatsu Deep-Kneading Foot Massager By Miko
- 1.12 12. Shiatsu Foot Massager, deep kneading By Homedics
- 1.13 13. Shiatsu Foot Therapy Massager By Belmint
- 1.14 14. Foot Massager for Home Use By MARNUR
- 1.15 15. Quilted Shiatsu Foot Massager By Gideon
- 1.16 16. Foot Massager with Heated Feet Massage Machine By Naipo
- 1.17 17. Foot Massager By OrionMotorTech
- 1.18 18. Foot Massager w/ Heat Adjustable Modes By FITFIRST
- 1.19 19. Rolling Foot Massager By Zyllion
- 2 Foot Massager Functions
- 3 10 Benefits of Foot Massage Attested by Experts
- 4 Foot Massager Disadvantages
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Conclusion