Filter cartridge technology is the main type of machinery that is used for cleaning most machines where water would flow. If you own a hot tub, then you would need the best hot tub filter for it, so you can ensure that there will be no debris or any other substance that contaminates the water.
Top 7 Replacement Hot Tub Filter Cartridge Products
- 1 Top 7 Replacement Hot Tub Filter Cartridge Products
- 1.1 1. Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa Pool Filter
- 1.2 2. Intex Type S1 Filter Cartridge for PureSpa
- 1.3 3. Filbur FC-0359 Antimicrobial Replacement Filter Cartridge
- 1.4 4. Tier1 Watkins 31489 Replacement Filter Cartridge
- 1.5 5. Unicel Replacement Filter Cartridge for 65 Square Foot Hot Springs
- 1.6 6. GB Marquis Filter 50sf 5CH-502 Handle
- 1.7 7. Jacuzzi 6000-383 Filter, 60 Sq Ft, J-300 Series
- 2 How to clean and replace your spa and hot tub filters
- 3 How Hot Tub Filters Work
- 4 What Are the Benefits of Using a Hot Tub Filter System
- 5 How to Choose a Hot Tub Filter Cartridge
- 6 Conclusion
1. Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa Pool Filter
- It makes use of a REEMAY filter media to be able to maximize the flow of water with a 50% open ABS core
- The antimicrobial ends are not affected by chlorine degradation
- It is durable and has a long life span
- It has a light shipping weight
- It can easily be cleaned when the it is already full
- Instructions from the instruction manual are easy to follow which made installation simple
- It is not as affordable as other brands
- The size may not be the exact measurements of the filter that you have
2. Intex Type S1 Filter Cartridge for PureSpa
- It is known to be one of the most affordable in the market
- It was designed to be very easy to clean by making use of a heavy duty Dacron paper
- It can be cleaned regularly so that it doesn’t need to be thrown out right away
- It is very durable and has a long life span
- It is very efficient and effective when it comes to cleaning the water from the hot tub
- With regard to the size, not all of the filter cartridges might be a perfect fit for your filter
3. Filbur FC-0359 Antimicrobial Replacement Filter Cartridge
- It is made out of very high quality pleated polyester plastic
- Its end caps are antimicrobial and reinforced making it have better “catching” power
- It is very tightly molded so that there are no loose threads that can be found
- It is known for having break resistant bands
- It has expanded pvc center cores for higher efficiency
- It is efficient enough to be able to clean dirty water from the hot tub
- It is not very cheap
- It has fewer threads than other brands
- Its specs written in the box may differ from the actual specs of the product
4. Tier1 Watkins 31489 Replacement Filter Cartridge
- It is very affordable to buy as compared to other brands in the market
- It is very easy to use and very easy to install if you are replacing filter cartridges
- It is known to be very durable and has a very long life span
- It is very versatile and may fit in many different models of filters
- It has a 100% top quality guarantee to ensure buyers of its high quality performance and high standards
- Its threads are a bit less than the other more expensive filter cartridges in the market
5. Unicel Replacement Filter Cartridge for 65 Square Foot Hot Springs
- It has a sufficient number of pleats and appropriate filter area size which make it efficient for catching bacteria and debris
- It is known to have a very efficient filtration system
- It meets the OEM specifications of filter cartridges
- It does not require much cleaning or frequent cleaning
- It has a good end cap and filter area size which makes it efficient for catching substances
- It is very versatile and can fit in almost any model of filter that is available in the market
- It is quite costly
6. GB Marquis Filter 50sf 5CH-502 Handle
- This product not only removes bacteria but also inhibits the growth and thriving of bacteria through its microban antimicrobial protection
- Its microban continuously cleans itself so to rid itself of the bacteria and other substances.
- The continuous cleaning of the microban lets you be able to clean it less frequently
- It is made with reemay advantage along with microban
- The threading is flexible making it very easy to install during the replacement
- It is made of very durable material
- It is quite costly
- It won’t be able to fit all sizes of filter models available
7. Jacuzzi 6000-383 Filter, 60 Sq Ft, J-300 Series
- The lid is easily removable for installment
- It is packaged very nicely and appeals to customers
- It is versatile with regard to it being able to fit in almost all the filter models
- It is very easy and simple to install
- With regard to performance, it is very efficient and can get the cleaning and filtering job quite well
- It is not very durable as the threads have the tendency to come off if they are not handled properly
- It is quite costly as compared to other products in the market
How to clean and replace your spa and hot tub filters
How Hot Tub Filters Work
To know more about the product, it is essential that you have a full grasp as to how it works. In a nutshell, hot tub filters are where the water from the hot tub goes through in order to be cleaned from unwanted substances. The water is then brought back in the water circulation system to be used again. They can be considered as the hot tub cleaners.
Water filters make use of a system known as the filter cartridge system. The filter cartridge is where all the debris and unwanted substances are stored when the water goes through the filter. It is like the “net” of these substances and is used for catching all of them. Filter cartridges come in all different sizes and are made from different materials. Most filters are made out of polyester or ceramic. However, there are also filter cartridges that make use of sand or earth for cleaning out the bacteria and debris. They are usually located outside of the hot tub beside the hot tub heater, but sometimes they can be found inside or underground.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Hot Tub Filter System
It Catches All The Bacteria From the Water
First of all, the filter cartridge is used for capturing all the bacteria that can be found in the water. Bacteria can easily grow and spread in water. Since the water found in hot tubs are warm, bacteria can easily thrive since moist and warm environments are the best breeding grounds for bacteria. The filter system catches all the bacteria and stores them in the cartridge so that the bacteria won’t reach your skin.
It Prevents Dirt of Debris From Entering the Hot Tub
Aside from the bacteria that can usually be found in warm water, the filtration system would also filter out dirt and debris that may have the chance to enter your hot tub or the inner parts. From time to time, there might be twigs or even soil that may fall into your tub. The filtration system is there in order to trap all of those things so that it does not get into the water system or into the hot tub. Of course, the cartridge is where all of them will go.
It can Balance the Chemical Treatment In Water
When you own a hot tub, it’s quite important that you treat the water with certain hot tub chemicals in order to keep them clean. Bromine and chlorine are often used because they are the most effective. What the filters do is that they would make it easier for you to get a better reading on the water tester because it ensures that no other substances would enter the water. That way, you’ll know how much bromine or chlorine are actually in the hot tub.
It Keeps Air Out of the Pipes
Lastly, it would keep out the air from the pipelines. This is extremely important because it may actually cause the hot tub pump to not operate properly. When that happens, your pump might just stop because of overheating. Filters are there to block off the air that would potentially go into the pipes. In a sense, filter systems are actually used so that the hot tub itself will be able to work properly.
How to Choose a Hot Tub Filter Cartridge
The filter cartridge is indeed one of the most important parts of the filter system, which is why you must know how to choose the best hot tub filter. Here are a few tips that will help:
Never buy a generic brand
The first tip is to never buy a generic brand. Generic brands would usually break down quite easily. This would be disastrous if your filter would break down while you are using your hot tub. For this reason, it is always best to buy from a trusted brand so that you’ll know it will work well. Plus you’ll also have a warranty wherein you can change any defective products.
Choose the size based on the hot tub
The next thing that you have to determine would be the size. It is recommended that you buy the cartridge to match the size of your hot tub. If your hot tub is small (like an inflatable hot tub), you can just buy a small filter. The same would go if you buy a big one.
Buy more than one
Lastly, buy more than one so that you’ll have a spare one in the event the one you’re using breaks down.
Among the seven brands that were mentioned, it can be seen that the Tier1 Watkins 31489 Replacement Filter Cartridge would be the best hot tub filter cartridge out of them. This is because it combines ease of use, versatility, durability, high quality, and low cost all in one. As compared to others in the market, it is already one of the cheapest, and it is also of top quality. It is also very easy to install and can fit in almost all kinds of models. It is also durable which means that you don’t need to change it very often. Although it has less threads than the other brands in the market, this would not really affect the quality.
Overall, this product is seen to be the best choice out of all if you want to get a good deal on a top quality product for your hot tub. You can be sure that you will be satisfied with this hot tub filter cartridge as your replacement.