Our experts reviewed these popular pool pumps thoroughly so you can have the ultimate options for the best single speed pool pump in the market today.
Operating at one speed, single speed pool pumps have proven their reliability and performance for decades. With a wide range of sizes and designs, these best single speed pool pumps can handle most pools while providing money- and energy-saving efficiencies of variable and two speed pumps.
Top Single Speed Pool Pump Reviews
- 1 Top Single Speed Pool Pump Reviews
- 1.1 1. Hayward W3SP2607X10 Super Pool Pump
- 1.2 2. Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Pool Pump
- 1.3 3. Pentair 011774 WhisperFlo Standard Single Speed Pool Pump
- 1.4 4. Pentair DYNII-NI-1-1/2 Dynamo Aboveground with Cord Pool Pump
- 1.5 5. Hayward SP2307X10 MaxFlo XL Pool Pump
- 1.6 6. Harris H1572747 ProForce Inground Single Speed Pool Pump
- 1.7 7. Hayward Ultra Pro LX Above Ground Pool Pump
- 2 Tips When Choosing the Best Pool Pump
- 3 Conclusion
1. Hayward W3SP2607X10 Super Pool Pump
The Hayward Super Pump offers a reliable and efficient pumping system for in-ground spas and pools of any size and type. It features a transparent strainer cover, convenient design, and large debris basket. Despite the heavy-duty performance, this super pool pump operates quietly with horsepower options to match different voltages.
The airflow ventilation and superior motor provide cooler and quieter operation in a more efficient manner. The service-ease construction of the pool pump offers a quick access to every internal component. Some of the advanced features include swing-away knobs and a Noryl blade, among others.
2. Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Pool Pump
When it comes to advanced hydraulic engineering, the Pentair SuperFlo pool pump is a great option. It’s designed with versatile and robust motor to pump water more efficiently without incurring high operational costs. With super-quiet operation, it’s less likely to wear out compared to other pool pumps.
This product is ideal for in-ground pools as it features ultra thick components to withstand harsh conditions. With small footprint and silent operation, it’s easier to maintain even in the most demanding conditions. Whether it’s for a new installation or replacement for an old pump, the Pentair Superflo pump offers a good choice.
3. Pentair 011774 WhisperFlo Standard Single Speed Pool Pump
The Pentair WhisperFlo pool pump comes with a modern hydraulic design to more efficiently move water without making any loud noises like other pool pumps in the market. It’s operated with 2 horsepower and 115/230 voltage to ensure high-performance motor pump.
4. Pentair DYNII-NI-1-1/2 Dynamo Aboveground with Cord Pool Pump
In terms of quiet operation, longevity, and high efficiency, the Pentair Dynamo pool pump is one of the best options currently available in the market. It’s designed to provide maximum performance while reducing energy costs. This single speed pool pump also offers reinforced fiberglass to ensure durability and strength no matter the conditions.
Long life and superior strength are achieved with the use of high-quality materials and components including the drain plugs, impeller and diffuser. The motor base is made of metal in order to ensure more years of service. The discharge port can easily be accessed through the vertical and horizontal adjustment options for faster in-field service while reducing labor expense.
5. Hayward SP2307X10 MaxFlo XL Pool Pump
The Hayward MaxFlo is a standard single speed head pump designed with union connections. It uses modern hydraulics to offer incredible performance while providing savings from operational costs. Just like other products in the MaxFlo line, this pool pump offers seamless retrofit installation.
This is pressure testable with maximum of 50 PSI results. The self-priming suction can elevate up to 8 feet above the water. It comes with a strainer gasket and clear cover in order to make cleaning easier and more effective. The Hayward pool pump only consists of 4 bolts so you can easily operate it when needed.
6. Harris H1572747 ProForce Inground Single Speed Pool Pump
The Harris ProForce is an in-ground single speed pool pump that offers a cheaper option compared to huge brands. However, the quality performance this pump provides to users makes this product a good investment for the long haul. It’s made with corrosion-proof materials to withstand all harsh conditions.
The motor shaft is made of stainless steel with reinforced thermoplastic for more durability and longer life. The mechanical seals are made of graphite and carborundum to ensure all components work seamlessly every operation time. To guarantee efficiency and quietness, manufacturers use advanced engineering methods.
7. Hayward Ultra Pro LX Above Ground Pool Pump
The Hayward Ultra Pro above-ground single speed pool pump is built in quality and advanced engineering. It offers longer years of service, dependable performance, and affordable options. With non-conductive motor housing, you are guaranteed with ultimate protection from harmful elements while insulating the electrical components in the motor.
The modern design makes maintenance simple and operation easy to manage through plain procedures. Another feature that makes this product one of the best single speed pool pump options in the market today is the strainer basket that is larger than competitive pool pumps.
Tips When Choosing the Best Pool Pump
There are some important factors to consider when buying a single speed pool pump. For instance, you need to know that these pumps come in various sizes and horsepower. For commercial size swimming pools, you can choose a pump with up to 20 horsepower to accommodate all requirements.
The following are some helpful tips to guide you in choosing the best pump for your pool needs:
- When choosing the perfect filter and pump combination, make sure the size of the pump matches the flow rate of the filter. If not, unmatched filter and pump will only reduce the efficiency and life of each component.
- There is a lot of pool pumps in the market. It’s best to consider a reputable brand with proven track record and background. It will ensure that you can easily get access to professional technicians who can work on your pump in case it gets problematic.
- Check the warranty coverage and replacement parts so you won’t encounter any problems when you need to fix your pump. A trusted pool pump brand can save you money, time, and stress.
There’s an overall procedure for evaluating and replacing an old pool pump. You need to inspect the swimming pool and determine possible hazards in the area to make sure it’s ready for replacement and maintenance. You can also check this short video on how to retrofit a single speed pool pump in order to ensure you are using the best pool pump for your unique requirements.
If you’ve decided to replace your old pool pump or buy a brand-new single speed pool pump that meets your needs, this simple review on the best single speed pool pump brands in the market can help you narrow down your choices. It will give you the ideal option without overwhelming yourself with countless options. So, do you have a specific single speed pool pump in mind that you want to buy right now?