When it comes to keeping pools clean, we think— chlorine. Unfortunately for some of us, chlorine is also what’s causing the itchy red skin or hives after a dip in the water. This allergic reaction can be avoided by using the best Solar Pool Ionizer instead.
Is it a good alternative?
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Ionizing Pools
Experts recommend four things to ensure that the pool water is hygienic. These include a sanitizer, oxidizer, algicide, and residual. Chlorine became popular for cleaning pools for good reason. It checks out all these four functions. However, chlorine is a problem for people who are sensitive to this pool chemical. This is why a solar pool ionizer is a good workaround.
Effective bactericide and algicide.
Pool ionizers essentially work with silver as bactericide and copper the algicide. The effectiveness of these elements has been vetted by studies. They do not only sanitize the water, they also prevent mold and algae from growing. What’s more is that copper and silver in water do not cause that particular unpleasant taste of pools.
Good filtration capacity.
The pool ionizer spreads copper particles throughout the pool. These positively-charged particles can bind with tiny floating debris and other contaminants. Now bound, the debris which can otherwise slip into the filters will surely be strained. This mechanism makes pool ionization a good pool cleaner.
Maintenance of pool ionizers is not as tasking as adding and balancing chemical levels in the water. All you need to do is periodically replace the electrodes and the copper chambers. Replacing them will not take much of your time.
Unlike chlorine, pool ionizers are not as harsh to your pool. They do not wear out the pool and its equipment as much as chlorine does over time. It saves you from the headaches of having to quickly replace worn-out pool tools.
Besides protecting people from a potential allergic reaction, pool ionization is kinder to your body. A prolonged exposure in the water will not irritate the swimmer’s eyes and skin.
The copper component in pool ionization cause stains on the pool’s liner. Copper ions may result in an aquatic blue-green stain. Silver, on the other hand, may leave a black discoloration. These may be averted by adding the right amount of these ions. A 0.2-0.4 parts per million (ppm) copper level is enough to combat algae growth. Increasing it to 0.5-0.10 ppm could make stains a real concern.
Disperse ions slowly.
Though effective bacteria and algae killers, copper and silver are dispelled slowly. That means, the larger the pool, the slower it is to clean it. High-voltage systems can facilitate a faster release.
Unlike chlorine, pool ionizers are not capable of oxidation. They cannot neutralize body oils, chemicals from suntan lotion, or urine in the water. As a result, you need to test the level of total dissolved solids (TDS) frequently. That may mean every week. With chlorinated water, TDS is tested only 2-3 times in the entire swimmings season. For regular fresh water, the TDS recommendation is at most 1000-1500 ppm.
Must be paired with chemical sanitizers.
Owing to its limited functions, chemical sanitizers are needed to fill the gaps. A process called “shocking” the pool may be necessary once a week. This means adding chlorine or bromine to do what ionization couldn’t.
Reviews of Top 3 Solar Pool Ionizers
During the summer, your above ground pool would be of perfect use. Just make sure it isn’t a dish garden of algae and whatnots. But don’t worry, a pool ionizer will do away with these contaminants. Here we have curated the top solar pool ionizers. Hopefully, these reviews will help find the right one for you.
1. Floatron Solar-Powered Pool Ionizer
The US-made Floatron pool ionizer is a portable and cost-effective solution to a reduced chlorine use. It can clean pools with up to 40,000 gallons. The mineral electrode it uses can last up to 3 seasons depending on pool size. No batteries are necessary to power the unit. Maintenance of the pool ionizer is not burdensome, too. You only have to replace the electrode periodically.
- The Floatron pool ionizer does not create green stains on the liners.
- It is built with a solid state with no moving parts.
- It is highly portable.
- Its mineral electrode makes 80% of the expenses on chlorine unnecessary.
- The ion core lasts up to 3 swimming seasons.
2. XtremepowerUS Solar Pool Ionizer Chlorine Pool Water Purifier Ionization System
While chlorine is a viable treatment for pool disinfection, it tends to be unquestionably severe with the skin, eyes, and hair. It’s known to sting eyes and cause dry, flaky skin which can compounds individuals who are inclined to skin conditions like dermatitis. The Sun based Pool Ionizer lessen the chlorine interest/utilization in your pool by 80 to 90%, giving better and cleaner water.
- Sun oriented ionizer will be the ideal answer for your green growth issue, this total arrangement of green growth executioner can assist with cleaning your pool in a matter of moments. Genuinely a basic answer for a mind boggling issue.
- Close by with incredible advantages, this item should be dealt with to convey promising outcomes. These parts can be apparently investigated for any rust, worn, or harm. Try to supplant them when you track down an issue
- Sun powered charger get energy from the sun enacts the ionization of the anode. The ionization cycle restricts the development microorganisms and eliminates undesirable mineral, for example, calcium in the pool water
- Successful up to 35,000 gallons and functions admirably for concealed and screened pools. Works extremely viable in little pools by diminishing chlorine levels quicker
- Painstakingly read the guidance on the most proficient method to acquaint the ionizer with your pool, make a point to try out the water following 24 hours. When the experimental outcome is inside your ideal level, consistently look at the water to check whether there are any significant changes
- Get a good deal on pool substance and electric expenses for joined yearly reserve funds. Unit is viable with salt or chlorine, over the ground or in ground pools
3. Human Creations Solar-powered Pool Cleaner and Ionizer
No need for batteries or electricity to power this pool ionizer. It works well to retard the growth of algae and cleanse bacteria in pools. If you got pools that have 40,000 gallons, this Solar Pool Ionizer is perfect. It dispels metallic ions that do not degrade quickly.
On the contrary, the summer conditions work well with ionization than with chlorine. It simply floats and maintains your pool 24/7.
- Its anode bar lasts up to 3 swimming seasons.
- It only takes a minute to replace an anode bar.
- The product comes with a cleaning brush and test strip.
- It effectively reduces chlorine use in 40,000-gallon pools.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
Using Solar Pool Ionizers is a safe and cost-effective way of cleaning pools. While they do not completely omit chlorine use, they reduce it significantly.
If you are a pool owner, choosing pool ionization is wise. The best Solar Pool Ionizer is one that is suitable anywhere, even in saltwater or fiberglass pools. The Lumiere Technologies pool ionizer is a worthy buy. Besides being versatile, its electrodes last more than one season.
Although it is not as effective in larger volumes than the other ionizers, it is good enough to clean in just 24 hours. Plus, it provides copper test strips. These ensure that the copper content in the water does not exceed optimal levels.