As a pool owner, you probably know how frustrating it can get when your pool frequently collects debris or has algae buildup. I find this more frustrating since I own an in-ground swimming pool.
With so many in-ground pools on the market to choose from, I decided to do comprehensive research on the Pentair SuperFlow In-Ground Pool Pump. Read this Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground Pool Pump Reviews to know what I found out.
Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground Pool Pumps Review
The Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground pool pump is a single-speed pump that has 1- ½ horsepower and a long-lasting motor that ensures high water efficiency and low operating costs for in-ground pools. This pool pump was designed by Pentair, a household name known for its unmatched pool equipment.
- Highly efficient
- Durable design
- Quiet operation
- Fast and easy setup
- Low operating costs
- Easy to access strainer basket
- It can be noisier than other models
- The regulator can get clogged
- Requires fine-tuning
- Item weight: 619.2 ounces
- Dimension: 27.5” x 12.5” x 14.8”
- Horsepower: 1-1/2
- Material: Metal
- 56 square flange metal
Overall, the Pentair SuperFlo Pool Pump delivers on its promise to move water in in-ground pools more efficiently without incurring high operating costs. It has a durable construction and offers great value for money, but it can get noisy with time.
Who is This Product For?
If you have been in the market for a durable, highly efficient, and easy-to-start pool pump with a small footprint, the Pentair SuperFlo inground pool pump may be worth considering. A heavy-duty pump works well for in-ground pools that need a higher flow rate.
Key Features and Benefits
Here are key features of this in-ground swimming pool pump.
- Single-Speed Pool Pump: You can count on this single-speed pool pump to ensure high-performance water flow thanks to its 1-1/2 horsepower. Unlike the speed motor of the best variable speed pool pump, the single-speed motor is cheap and lasts longer.
- Internal Flow Design: This Pentair in-ground pool features an internal flow design that lowers the hydraulic noise to ensure a quiet operation. This can be a useful feature if you don’t want to be disturbed by your running pool pump. However, it is important to note that it may not be the quietest model on the market.
- Heavy-Duty Construction: Something to consider when purchasing an in-ground pool pump is the construction. This Pentair unit is crafted with corrosion-resistant material that protects the internal components adequately. Besides, it features a heavy-duty 56 square flange motor and start-of-art hydraulics.
- Oversized Strainer Basket: This pump comes with an oversized strainer basket to collect debris, extending the time between cleaning. Better yet, the basket is designed with a see-through lid that allows you to observe the amount of cleaning debris collected without having to open it.
- Self-Priming: This option allows a fast setup, so you can run it with less effort. You just need to press the Start button, and it pulls up the water from the pool by itself.
- Small Footprint: The SuperFlo in-ground pump has a small footprint that makes it possible to install it in compact areas. This makes it an ideal choice if you have limited space in your backyard.
- Operates on 115v or 230v: This in-ground pool can use 115v or 230v. This means that it can suit different types and sizes of swimming pools.
Want to know Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground Pool Pump Reviews from previous customers? Find out below.
- “With this pump being powerful, quiet, and easy to install, I must admit that I have never being this satisfied with my purchase. The installation was effortless and it came with the necessary unions. I also love that it doesn’t disturb my sleep at night, though this is something I will have to monitor as time goes by.”
- “I have only used this pump for two months and I cannot stand its loud noise. I don’t recommend buying it.”
- “This is probably the best single speed pump I have brought for my in-ground pool. I especially love the self-priming feature and the fact that I use on 115V or 230V swimming pools. Thanks Pentair!”
FAQ & Additional Tips
- Does the Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground Pool pump have a warranty? Yes, this unit comes with a one-year limited warranty. However, you should note that this warranty is only valid if the pump is installed by a qualified professional.
- Can I use this pump in my above-ground swimming pool? The Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground pool pump is designed to circulate water in permanent, in-ground pools. This means that it should not be used on an above-ground pool, non-permanent pool.
- Protect the pump motor from dirt, moisture, and direct sunlight.
- Hire a qualified installer to install the pump.
- The pump must be connected to a power circuit safeguarded by a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).
- Ensure that the motor gets proper air ventilation to prevent overheating.
The Pentair SuperFlo In-Ground pool pump is a high-quality single-speed pump that produces excellent flow for circulating water in in-ground pools. This unit can keep water moving and can endure years of use thanks to its highly-durable construction. I also recommend it because it is easy to use, though you may need a professional to install it for you.
If you think that this pump might be the perfect solution to keeping your swimming pool clean, be sure to check it out here.