Your bathroom will only look good if you can maintain its fresh and clean appearance. And dirty, stained floor surely isn’t on the list.
Tiles are the most popular shower floor option nowadays because of its superb water-resistant ability and the fact that it is naturally resistant to humidity.
Now, what if your shower tile floor gets stained and stubborn mold and mildew start to grow on the floor and bathtub crevices? What should you do?
The best way is to do consistent cleaning using the most effective best shower tile cleaner.
Tips for Choosing a Shower Tile Cleaner
Check out our guide below to guide you on how to choose the right product.
The Right Formulation
There are different types of tile cleaners in the market. You can either get a powder bleach, a liquid solution, or a gel cleaner.
The most effective among the three is the gel-based solution cleaner.
This is because the gel formulation sticks to the surface better as compared to the liquid and powder types.
One thing that we also consider when choosing the best cleaner is its versatility.
It’s good to buy a cleaner that is specifically formulated to clean shower tile floors. However, many homeowners actually prefer a cleaner that they can also use to clean the other areas in the bathroom.
Average Waiting Time
Some tile cleaner works instantly while some requires you to wait for a few minutes or even hours before you can rinse the surface with water.
Most people usually don’t have the patience to wait a long time just to clean the tile floor. This is why average waiting time is an important consideration.
Look for a shower tile cleaner that is fast acting so that you can finish the cleaning task in less amount of time.
The shower area should be thoroughly cleaned since this is where we wash ourselves and get rid of the pollution and radicals we get outside.
Hence, it is only right and just to use a cleaner that has an antimicrobial property. You’ll have a peace of mind knowing that your shower area is free of germs and bacteria.
Lastly, we recommend that you choose a cleaner that is user-friendly. The best shower tile cleaner nowadays comes either in a spray container or in an easy-squeeze bottle with a pointed tip.
8 Best Shower Tile Cleaner Reviews
1. Black Diamond Ultimate Grout Tile Cleaner
This is an ultimate grout and tile cleaner that is used mostly by professional cleaning companies. The Black Diamond Grout Tile Cleaner helps keep your tile floor look clean and nice by getting rid of the stain and dirt that hide in the floor’s grout.
This can be used on tile, marble, natural stone, and even in ceramic surfaces.
- Fast acting; cleans the grout within 5 minutes, giving your tile floor a nice, clean look
- Comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle
- Also works great in cleaning oil, grease, and grime
- Acid-free, so it’s safe to use on porcelain, marble, and ceramic
- Works well in removing colored, dark grouts
2. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Remover
Another great shower tile cleaner that has been making a fuss in the market recently is the RMR-86 Cleaner.
This is actually a stain and mildew remover. But since mildew can grow in the tile grout and tile flooring is unsusceptible to stains, we think this product is an excellent addition to the list.
If you want a versatile cleaner that can be used to clean your tile floor, ceramic sink, and even the wood details of your bathroom, then this is the perfect solution for you.
- Simple to use but quick to remove stains and mold on the surface
- Safe to use on tile & grout, wood, concrete, siding, and even fiberglass materials
- This is a bleach-based solution, so its potency is really strong
- No need to scrub to make the solution work
- Can clean the tile in just 15 seconds!
3. Bio Clean Professional Hardwater Stain Cleaner
If you want an eco-friendly alternative, then Bio Clean is the perfect brand for you.
This Bio Clean Professional Hardwater Stain Remover also works great as a tile stain remover. This non-abrasive solution cleaner even smells great and produces no harmful fumes.
But what really impresses us is that it works well on many surfaces, such as fiberglass, ceramic, granite, natural stone, and even stainless steel, and brass.
- Brings your shower tile floor back to life by getting rid of hard water stains and limescale on the surface
- Safe to use on a regular basis
- This non-toxic solution is safe to use around pets and children.
- Very versatile even on delicate surfaces
- Need more time to work, but really effective in cleaning the tile floorings
4. Grout-EEZ Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner
This is a heavy-duty tile & grout cleaner that is even recommended for professional use. Whether you want to clean grease, dirt, stain, or limescale, the Grout-EEZ cleaner is an effective solution.
A lot of users love that the product offers a no question asked money back guarantee policy for 30 days. Still, users are nothing but impress with the cleaner’s performance.
- Heavy-duty tile & grout cleaner recommended for both residential and commercial use
- Works well and fast; just wait 5 to 10 minutes and you have a fresh, clean looking tile floor
- Comes with an agitator brush
- Safe to use on ceramic, porcelain, and marble
5. Skylar Home Mold and Mildew Gel
Skylar Home Mold and Mildew Gel Tile Cleaner is a concentrated gel solution, specifically formulated to target the mold build-up on the tile floor.
Many homeowners love the easy-squeeze container with a pointed tip. This makes it easier for you to apply the gel solution on the tile grout and on the corners of the shower area.
- It’s a fast-acting cleaning solution in a gel formula.
- Also works as a mildew and mold remover
- It has an antimicrobial property that kills all types of mold and mildew
- You can also use this on windows, ceilings, bathtub, shower heads, as well as other bathroom and shower fixtures.
- Although the average waiting time is long (about 5 hours), the result is a sparkling clean shower tile floor.
6. Bona Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floor
How does a multi-functional floor cleaner sound? Amazing, right? This is exactly what the Bona floor cleaner offers to its customers.
Bona floor cleaner is a versatile solution that can be used on a stone, tile, and laminate floorings. It has a splashless technology so that it is smoother to pour whenever you apply it.
- This floor cleaner is safe to use indoors
- Doesn’t leave any odor or foul smell after application
- No residue; just clean, smooth surface
- Works really well on shower tile floors; though you need to follow the mixture instructions
- This also works on vinyl and even on wood surface
7. Black Diamond Marble & Tile No-Rinse Cleaner
Perhaps you are impressed with the Black Diamond Grout Cleaner but want a cleaning solution that is no-rinse?
Well, you got it right here! Black Diamond offers this awesome floor cleaner, specifically for marble and tile floors. This is a highly concentrated solution but doesn’t need rinsing after application.
This cleaning solution is available in different sizes; the 1 gallon is the biggest bottle, and the 32 ounce is the smallest bottle.
- Perfect for granite, marble, tile, and natural stone surfaces
- This is a no-rinse formula that doesn’t leave any residue after application.
- Certified hypoallergenic, so it is safe to use around pets and children
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly, a smart choice for Green advocates
- Gives your tile floor a shiny and smooth surface
- Even works on porcelain and ceramic
- Takes a bit more time to work, but really effective
8. Clorox Tilex Root Penetrator Tile Cleaner
Last, but definitely not the least, on our list is the Clorox Tilex Root Penetrator Tile Cleaner. This is a unique shower tile floor cleaner that works well on stubborn stain and dirt.
This is a bleach-based cleaner, so make sure to do a patch test first if you intend to use it on porcelain tiles. This is a bit aggressive but has a foaming formula to combat years-old stain on your tiles.
Although we do not recommend using this cleaning solution on porcelain, marble, and natural stone surfaces, we know this product is a great choice for shower tiles.
- A strong mildew and mold penetrator
- Safe to use on hard and non-porous surfaces
- With antimicrobial property that helps kill common bacteria found in your bathroom
- Easy to use and apply through its spray foam bottle
- Cleans tile floors without the need of scrubbing
- Equipped with a smart tube technology so that you can use even the last drop of the solution
- Also works well in getting rid of grouts and stains
Based on the tips for choosing the best shower tile cleaner, we think that the Black Diamond Marble & Tile No-Rinse Cleaner is the best choice.
A lot of homeowners love to use a cleaning solution that is safe to use around pets and children. We have the same sentiments. Thus, we think that the hypoallergenic formula of the Black Diamond Floor Cleaner is the perfect option.
Moreover, the cleaner is also a no-rinse solution, which we think is perfect for individuals who are always on the go. Lastly, we love that this is biodegradable and eco-friendly. Although you initially need to wait a few minutes for it to work, the waiting time is considerable as it is a no-rinse solution.
So, what do you think of the list? If you were to add another shower tile cleaner, what would it be and why? Let us know!
- 1 Tips for Choosing a Shower Tile Cleaner
- 2 8 Best Shower Tile Cleaner Reviews
- 2.1 1. Black Diamond Ultimate Grout Tile Cleaner
- 2.2 2. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Remover
- 2.3 3. Bio Clean Professional Hardwater Stain Cleaner
- 2.4 4. Grout-EEZ Heavy-Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Skylar Home Mold and Mildew Gel
- 2.6 6. Bona Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floor
- 2.7 7. Black Diamond Marble & Tile No-Rinse Cleaner
- 2.8 8. Clorox Tilex Root Penetrator Tile Cleaner
- 3 Conclusion