Most people know how vital it is to keep a bathroom squeaky clean because this is where they remove body wastes. Ironically, most of them postpone or delay cleaning it. Maybe, it is because they do not stay there for a long time, and the grimes are difficult to remove. If you can relate to this, do not fret for there are bathroom cleaning tips that are to be shared.
Ways to Keep Your Bathroom Clean – 21 bathroom cleaning tips
The basic principle in cleaning a bathroom is that you begin to clean the toilet and work through the rest of your bathroom. By doing this, you let the cleaning solution disinfect your bathroom.
- 1. If your bathroom fan and shower filter are not cleaned often, chances are you will see dust and dirt once they are turned on. Make sure to clean your bathroom fan and shower filter at least 1-2 times every month.
- 2. Use an extendable duster to collect dust that has accumulated on your bathroom’s ceilings and walls. You can also clean your bathroom’s lights for added brightness.
- 3. To wipe off hairspray from your bathroom’s walls, you can use a little amount of shampoo mixed with water. It is advisable to use inexpensive shampoo. For wallpaper, gently dab isopropyl alcohol where the hairspray stain is.
- 4. For a shower mirror to have fewer streaks, quickly remove the dust. Mirrors that are tall can be cleaned with a glass cleaner and wiped using a floor mop that has microfiber material. Short mirrors can be manually cleaned with your hands and microfiber fabric.
- 5. In order to have mirrors without fogginess, spray shaving foam after you clean it. Use a cloth that has no lint to buff. You will see that the streaks on your mirrors are gone.
- 6. Turn off the water on the wall, and then flush to make the bowl empty. By doing this, you can remove stains from your toilet. A pumice stone is effective in cleaning the rim underneath and the waterline area. Then, you can turn on the water and flush.
- 7. For the toilet seat, it is highly suggested that you take off the seat and thoroughly clean it every now and then. You should do this, especially if there are males or children in your house. You will see how much grime and bacteria are trapped there.
- 8. Use toilet cleaners and solutions to make the cleanliness of your bathroom last longer. The toilet is one of the things in your bathroom that is the dirtiest.
- 9. To wash your shower head, put a plastic bag filled with white vinegar in your shower head and secure with a rubber band. Leave it overnight. After removing the plastic bag, use an old toothbrush to scrub and rinse with water. This will remove all the unwanted substances like calcium on your shower head.
- 10. If you have a soaking tub, baby bathtub, or walk-in tub that are moldy, you can use cotton that has absorbed much isopropyl alcohol and put it over the area that is moldy all through the night.
- 11. For a shower enclosure and walls with soap scum, you use a dryer sheet that is slightly wet to clean them. If the grime is difficult to remove, spray the soap scum with a mixed solution of dishwashing liquid and vinegar. Let it sit for 4 hours before rinsing with boiling water.
- 12. You can clean your shower curtain in your washing machine, but you have to use 1 or 2 hand towels for thorough cleaning. Moreover, the setting should be warm and wash with your detergent with a single cup of vinegar. Then, you can suspend it outside to dry.
- 13. Stubborn stains found in the tub can be solved with a small amount of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Apply to the stained area and leave it for 1 hour. Then, you just need to wipe the said area.
- 14. If your faucet tap has mineral buildup, you can apply the same method for cleaning the shower head. Another way is to put a wedge of lemon for 1 night, and then you can remove and wipe your faucet tap clean.
- 15. You use a dryer sheet that is damp to avoid spots from the water. A damp dryer sheet has chemical agents that drive away water. You can maintain the cleanliness of your bathroom through this.
- 16. Drains should be cleaned at least 1 a month so that water can flow effortlessly and remove unneeded buildups. To clean the plug, wash it with hot water and soap. For the drain, you just pour baking soda through the drain and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing. This mixture is really interesting because once it bubbles, it effectively removes stains from the drain.
- 17. You can sweep or vacuum away the debris on your bathroom floor. The lower walls should be cleaned as well because dust can accumulate.
- 18. Use your hand to clean the dirtiest parts such as the back of your toilet of your bathroom floor. After cleaning the difficult parts, you can mop the rest of the floor area.
- 19. It is advisable to turn on your bathroom ventilator for 15 minutes or more. This can help make your bathroom mildew and mold free.
- 20. You can conveniently clean any dirt you see the soonest possible when you keep a shower caddy that has a shower cleaner, glass cleaning solution, and other cleaning materials you need.
- 21. One last tip that can benefit you and your bathroom is to get your family members involved in cleaning the bathroom. Aside from maintaining the pristine condition of your bathroom, you get to teach your children how to be responsible.
Now, there is no excuse to delay cleaning your bathroom with these easy-to-follow tips. It may consume some of your time, but it is worth it. Who does not want a clean bathroom, right?