Allow yourself the luxurious decadence of a steam shower room in your own home. In many instances, your shower enclosure can double up as a steam shower cabin merely by attaching a different shower head and making a few other changes. For those more inclined to decadence, you can install a full steam shower unit and cubicle for your relaxation pleasure while upscaling your bathroom as well.
In order to help you decide on the best steam shower around, we have compiled a few steam shower reviews and some additional information to help you decide which is the best home steam shower for your purposes.
Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
The stressful lives we lead today often leaves us with health problems, aching muscles, and stressed out. A steam shower, in the not so distant future, may not be seen only as a luxurious indulgence, but a health necessity.
That being said, steam showers offer many health benefits:
- It eases the symptoms of cold and flu
- It improves your circulation
- It helps relieve muscular aches and pains
- It relaxes the body, helping get rid of the stress most of us suffer from
- It may increase your pulse rate and increase your metabolism
- It is great for opening pores in your skin, helping you get rid of toxins
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home Steam Shower
There is no getting around the health and relaxation benefits you get from a steam shower.But before you go ahead and purchase one, take the time to consider the following points.
- An enclosed space that is insulated: When you install your shower, you need to remember that it will be totally enclosed and insulated. This is to keep the steam inside, while the door needs to be water-tight
- Take note of the maximum ceiling height: If your ceiling is higher than the height of your steam shower unit, or your ceiling design is not standard, you may need to add a higher rated steam generator because of the added volume.
- Your seating: Make sure your seating is slightly sloped for comfort. You may spend a lot of time in your steam shower, so making sure your seating is comfortable is important
- The floor Ensure you have a non-slip floor. Slipping and falling is a health hazard.
- Your plumbing: Before installing your steam room of choice, make sure to ensure your plumbing connections support it.
- Your power requirements: Make sure your steam shower complies with your home’s electric requirements. You may need to install a separate circuit breaker for your steam room.
Best Steam Shower Reviews
There are very many different steam showers to choose from, so we have made our selection using a cross section of different steam showers.
1. Ariel Bath Platinum Round Sliding Steam Shower
A sliding steam shower has been a popular choice for those with smaller bathrooms. Contrary to the push and pull shower doors, the sliding ones do not require extra space when opening and closing the doors.
That’s not exactly the reason why we are impressed with this model. To start with, it has amazing shower features fit for a modern home. Talk about high-quality body jets and aromatherapy— you’ll get all that and more!
- Complete shower features include body jets, aromatherapy, ventilation fan, chromatherapy, AM/FM radio, and temperature control panel
- It has a total of body jets that are placed strategically in the shower.
- The bulb used in the shower is LED, so it doesn’t use too much energy.
- Sliding door and the shower enclosure are both made from tempered glass.
- Equipped with advanced technology such as computerized control panel with a timer
- Has an overprotection feature
- Also has acupuncture body massage jets
- This steam shower is certified by ETL both in the USA and Canada.
- Provides 1-year product warranty
2. Constar Steam Shower with Whirlpool Tub and Jacuzzi
If you love the heat of a steam shower but also adore the gentle water that massages your back, then the Cornstar Steam Shower is for you.
A combination of the detoxifying steam and the relaxing whirlpool massage is what this awesome product can offer.
In all honestly, we were not impressed with how this steam shower looks, but functionality-wise, it has something that we can say other steam showers don’t.
- Its whirlpool massage jets are powerful and works really well in giving concentrated yet gentle massage.
- Fully equipped with a rain shower, FM radio with loudspeaker, ceiling lamps, and an LCD touch screen steam generator
- The materials used are aluminum, tempered glass, and ABS; quite durable actually.
- This is not suitable for outdoors but really works well for indoor use.
- Helps your body sweat, leaving you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
3. OB Shower Corner Steam Shower with Foot Massage and Hydro Jets
People with limited bathroom space prefer the corner steam shower with a sliding door. This means that this product can be put beautifully in the corner of your bathroom, taking only a small space.
This, too, boasts outstanding features and a contemporary look. Moreover, this steam shower has everything you need to have a complete steam shower session.
- We absolutely love the fact that it has only 3K watts steam generator, which helps save energy a lot.
- Also, the 6 massage jets are placed in the right places.
- You will also enjoy its overhead, full rain shower head, plus the multifunction handheld shower.
- The shower is tightly closed, so water leakage is not a problem.
- All the accessories and fixtures of this product are made from premium copper material.
4. Kokss Corner Shower with Hydro Massage Jets
Small but powerful— that is exactly what we love about this shower enclosure. Powered by 110V at 50Hz/60Hz frequency, you know this is worth the purchase.
A lot of people seem to confuse this one to a steam shower, but this is not. Although it has all the other features except the steam. It is favored for its powerful hydro massage jets and rainfall shower head.
If you would love a corner shower with LED lighting, sliding glass door, and multi-function handheld shower, you better check this out.
- It has powerful, smart hydro massage jets, which helps promote good blood circulation.
- Plus, it also features a foot massage that soothes your aching feet.
- The multi-function 2-in-1 shower head can be used as an overhead shower and handheld shower.
- Controlling this enclosure is also quite simple, thanks to its touch-screen display control.
- To complete your relaxation mood, this shower steam enclosure has LED lighting that is proven to improve your mood and boost energy as you take a shower.
- The interior is very contemporary wit mirrors and glass as the primary materials.
- A lot of people also reported that the doors are well-made that water doesn’t leak.
5. Athena Luxury Corner Steam Shower
This freestanding corner steam shower enclosure is designed to suit any Mediterranean and modern homes. The combination of glass and nickel & chrome finish gives it a unique sense of style that you usually find in luxury bathrooms.
Sleek and slim but can fit up to people inside, perfect for couples. The silver lining that frames the glass sliding door complements well with the shower’s black and wooden ceiling.
- This is a solid, luxurious corner steam shower that can fit 2 people inside.
- Features easy-to-use LCD control pad 4.5kW steam engine, and 12 acupressure body jets.
- The jets are positioned strategically to give you the best shower massage ever.
- It also has a C shower and a rainfall ceiling shower.
- If you want to make the most of your shower time, this also features chromatherapy lighting and an aromatherapy port.
6. Ariel Platinum Steam Shower
Indulge yourself in the pure relaxing pleasure of the Aerial Platinum left side model steam shower. With all the pros of a 6KW steam generator and the added health benefits, you no longer need to to the gym or spa to experience this pleasure.
- Six (6) body acupressure massage jets
- A handheld shower head as well as rainfall ceiling shower
- A 6KW steam generator that produces high temperatures within two minutes
- Overheat protection
- Chromatherapy lighting
- An aromatherapy system
- An installed FM radio
- 220 Volt installation
- A teak wooden floorboard finish
- A ventilation fan
7. Kokks Corner Shower Enclosure
This large, luxury, free standing unit is packed with many features that will set your heart on fire and ease your tired muscles at the end of the day. The added extras are a sure-fire winning solution for even the most difficult to please person.
- 6 body massage jets
- An overhead rainfall shower
- A computer controlled touch panel
- An MK-117 steam generator
- An Ozonator
- Fog free mirrors and glass enclosure
- A telephone answering system
- Blue fluorescent lights (background and overhead)
- A ventilator fan
- FM Radio and loudspeaker
- A pre-installed mixer valve
New product (Update).
8. Eagle Bath Sliding Door Shower Enclosure Unit
These unit are fully loaded, sporting all the extras that add to your relaxation (and therapeutic) pleasure! The hydro-massage jets are designed to enhance your steam shower experience. Indulge yourself and relax in this steam bath enclosure, free from your work problems and concentrate only on yourself.
The features that make this one a winner:
- A tempered glass surround
- Sliding doors
- A self-cleaning steam generator
- 6 body massage jets
- A computer control panel with a timer
- A rainfall shower head
- A circulation fan
- Built in seating
- An extra hand-held shower head
- A temperature sensor
- Fits on a bath tub (which is included)
9. Arial Bath Platinum Sliding Door Shower with Tub
Sporting a contemporary design for the discerning home owner, this shower and tub combo ticks all the boxes. The epitome of style, this unit gives you a bathtub and steam shower combination, making it the perfect addition to the bathroom where space of limited but style is the requirement.
- A computer control panel with a timer
- A drain with a trap is included
- Has an overhead rainfall shower and separate hand held shower head
- Chromotherapy as well as aromatherapy function
- Includes overheating protection
- Has a built in FM radio
- Includes built in seating
- Surrounding clear panel tempered glass
- Sports a neo-angle, sliding door design
- Shower base included
- Includes whirlpool massage jets
- Steam sauna has a self-cleaning function
10. Maya Bath Superior Shower Sauna With Whirlpool massage
Talk about pulling out all the stops! This unit not only has every conceivable feature but you get to watch your favorite movie or game while chilling out in stylish comfort. The red of this unit spells one thing: decadent luxury at its best!
- Steam shower and hydro massage bath unit in one
- Features a 12” digital TV
- Has a touchscreen control panel
- Is Bluetooth compatible
- Has a 5KW steam generator and thermostatically controlled water temperature for your added comfort
- Transparent from window
- Tinted glass and stainless steel hinged doors and fixtures
- 10 acupuncture jets
- 16 whirlpool jets
- Fog free mirror
- Foot massage feature
- Fluorescent mood lighting
- Hands-free telephone
- Underwater LED lights
- Hand grips
- 2 handheld adjustable shower heads
- A pedal drain
- A waterfall inlet
- An emergency alarm
- Rainfall ceiling shower
- Water resistant remote control
- FM radio and surround sound speakers
- Ventilation fan
- Storage shelves
- Automatic safety shutoff
Tips on Using a Steam Shower
- Hydrate: Even although a steam shower is wet heat, you can still easily dehydrate. So drink plenty of water before taking a steam shower.
- Preheat: Activate the steam shower function about ten minutes before getting in because it does not easily get to the maximum heat when someone is inside it.
- Be quick about getting in: Keep the door open as short a time as possible so that steam and heat does not escape.
- Turn on the extras: Once you relax in your steam shower, turn on the optional extras such as the radio, aromatherapy function, etc.
- The grand finale: You can sit in your steam shower for anything between fifteen to thirty minutes. Once you are nicely relaxed, turn off the steam function and turn on the shower. Once done, open the doors to allow the steam out.
- Hydrate: You lose a lot of water via sweat. So to ensure you do not faint or get a headache, make sure to drink a glass or two of water after your shower.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you take a regular shower in a steam shower?
Absolutely! In fact, some steam shower enclosures have bathtub too so that you’ll have more options. You can also choose to just use a regular shower or start the steam shower using the control panel, depending on what you feel like having.
How much does it cost to put in a steam shower?
Overall, you’ll need to secure around $2,000 as the minimum budget. Some models have expensive initial price, plus they need professional installation which can addmore to the cost. Therefore, $2,000 to $6,000 budget is ideal. Of course, the more luxurious you want your steam shower to be, the more expensive it gets.
Is a steam shower the same as a sauna?
No. There’s quite a difference between the two. Although both help warm up your body, they differ in the type of heat that is produced.
The sauna produces dry heat while the steam shower generates wet or moist heat. However, both can open your pores, soothe and ease muscle fatigue, and also help you relax. In addition, sauna encourages more sweating than steam bath because it has higher and drier environment.
Sauna is ideal for those who want to relax their muscles and lowers blood pressure. Meanwhile, steam bath is perfect for detoxification process and relaxation.
Do steam rooms burn calories?
Yes, it does help you burn calories. Since the condition helps you sweat a lot, you actually lose some of your body’s calories.
Spending about 30 minutes inside the steam shower enclosure can help you burn 40 to 60 calories. However, you need to constantly use the steam bath for weeks before results can be noticed.
Does a steam shower need a vent?
No. A vent is not necessary to use your steam shower enclosure. As it has a steam condition, the system actually condense the steam back to its liquid form so that it can be drain away.
However, you can choose to use a ceiling mounted bath fan to control the humidity and moisture level inside.
Picking the best steam shower from the roundup is a difficult task. Each unit has its own unique qualities that make it an excellent option. However, if we had to pick only one, the prize would go to the Maya Bath Superior Steam Shower Sauna With Jetted Jacuzzi Whirlpool massage. It has just about every luxury imaginable, with a few extra thrown in. The extra storage shelves, television, and emergency button (a great safety feature), just gives it that extra edge over its competitors.
- 1 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying a Home Steam Shower
- 3 Best Steam Shower Reviews
- 3.1 1. Ariel Bath Platinum Round Sliding Steam Shower
- 3.2 2. Constar Steam Shower with Whirlpool Tub and Jacuzzi
- 3.3 3. OB Shower Corner Steam Shower with Foot Massage and Hydro Jets
- 3.4 4. Kokss Corner Shower with Hydro Massage Jets
- 3.5 5. Athena Luxury Corner Steam Shower
- 3.6 6. Ariel Platinum Steam Shower
- 3.7 7. Kokks Corner Shower Enclosure
- 3.8 8. Eagle Bath Sliding Door Shower Enclosure Unit
- 3.9 9. Arial Bath Platinum Sliding Door Shower with Tub
- 3.10 10. Maya Bath Superior Shower Sauna With Whirlpool massage
- 4 Tips on Using a Steam Shower
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Conclusion