A whirlpool is a whirlpool, right? Wrong. You have whirlpools, and then you have some of the best whirlpool tubs around. And yes, there is a difference, if you are interested in quality, functionality, style…and price.
So what do you need to look out for when looking at the best whirlpool tubs before making that final decision?
Health Benefits of Whirlpool Baths
Whirlpool Baths are not only luxury additions to bathrooms because they have health benefits as well. Here are some of them:
Taking a regular bath in a whirlpool tub is an effective way to improve your skin’s appearance. Because the blood flow is enhanced in your body, the toxins are eliminated, which results in youthful and glowing skin.
Improved Mental Well-being
Many people have a whirlpool bathtub installed because of the psychological benefits. When you just sit back, take a deep breath, and allow the water to flow on your body, you can calm your soul and forget all your anxieties. Though it will not solve all your troubles, you can feel more relaxed and prepared to take on new challenges after climbing out of the tub.
Arthritis and Joint and Muscle Pains
Arthritis and other conditions of the joints are eased because of the water buoyancy from whirlpool tubs. The pulsating water gently massages muscle pains from exercise or strain. You will notice pain reduction from joints and muscles when you soak in your tub a few times a week.
Increased circulation and improved blood flow in the body are made possible by warm water in the tub. Therefore, there is an improvement in the function of different body organs. Also, it contributes to protecting the heart. Better blood flow can also help to improve your focus and relieve tension headaches.
Insomnia and Stress
A long and hot bath in a whirlpool tub can improve sleep. This is also a safer alternative compared to taking sleeping pills. It promotes good sleep and eases tension and stress through the warm water you soak in.
Since there is dewy air produced from the hot water, it can help relieve respiratory ailments. When you relax while lying in the tub, it can help with asthma, bronchitis, and congestion.
The digestive system can be boosted just by soaking in a whirlpool bath. The toxins and wastes are flushed out from the body; your digestive system works better. As a result, you will less likely suffer from constipation or indigestion.
When you are in the tub, the heat from it opens your pores. Then, the water cleans out toxins and dirt from your skin. Aside from feeling rejuvenated, you also have brighter and better-looking skin.
15 Best Whirlpool Bathtub Reviews
1. Pedestal Whirlpool Bathtub by Ariel Bath
This bathtub is the best freestanding whirlpool tub from Ariel bath. Besides having an elegant, highly-functional, and sleek design, you can have a great bathing experience because of its hydro-massage feature. This advanced massage system makes your tensed nerves relaxed, and your senses calm. It also has a radio so that you can listen to music while immersing your body in the tub.
Made from enameled steel and acrylic, this bathtub can last for a long time. It is easy to incorporate in any decor because of its sophisticated white finish. The oval tub is broad and deep so you can enjoy a refreshing warm bath.
There is also a portable showerhead and thermostatic faucet where you can change the water temperature to your preference. You do not have to worry about germs since it has ozone disinfection and auto-pipe cleaning mechanisms. It is also not hard to maintain. You can use a mild abrasive solution to get rid of the stains, odor, and germs.
- Acrylic reinforced fiberglass
- Ergonomic design
- State-of-the-art hydro-massage system
- LED chromotherapy lights, radio, touchscreen controls, and Bluetooth technology
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty and 30-day return policy
2. Freestanding Combination Bathtub by WoodBridge
This is one of the best whirlpool tubs for a long and relaxing soak because its stylish appearance is inviting. The round edges and soft curves make this tub cozy. It has excellent insulation because of the double-wall acrylic and fiberglass structure. The water is maintained at a steady temperature.
Although it may be heavier, it is more durable than other tubs made of the same materials. The sides of the tub create a gentle slope that forms a snug barrier. Nevertheless, it may not be big enough, unlike large soaking tubs because of this feature. It might not be big enough for two people to fit in.
If you do not like freestanding tubs with feet, you can consider this since its feet are hidden and small for adjusting the level. For cleaning, you just need to wipe it down without the need to clean underneath. It does not come with a filling faucet, so you have to buy it. The additional faucet from the package is too small to fill up this tub.
- Ten adjustable body massage jets and ten whirlpool bubble bath jets
- Pump and air massage
- Quality pipe and drain
- Five years limited warranty on the structure and surface and 1-year limited warranty on parts
3. Capricia Whirlpool Bathtub by Spa Escapes
If you are looking for the best jetted tub that is not noisy? This may be the tub for you. It is hard to relax if you keep on hearing buzzing sounds from the motor of your whirlpool tub. One of the best features of this bathtub by Spa Escapes is its silent operation. With its motor making very minimal noise, you can soak and relax your body in silence.
You do not have to worry about replacing this tub fast because it is made of reinforced acrylic and fiberglass. The acrylic shell piece can be removed. You will surely have a great time here with an oval-shaped interior and a capacity of 54 gallons tub.
It does not matter if your floor or deck-mounted faucets because the tub is compatible with both. Having a high-gloss and white finish, you will not have a hard time blending it with your other bathroom decors.
- Quiet motor
- White and glossy finish
- Made of acrylic
- Integral overflow compatibility
4. Higgenbotham Freestanding Air and Whirlpool Bathtub by Orren Ellis
This can be the best jacuzzi tub by Orren Ellis. It has air jets which circulate water and create small bubbles. As a result, you get to experience an efficient and subtle massage-like sensation. It is like having your fancy spa in the comfort of your bathroom.
The slipper design of this white acrylic tub is made to support the natural arch of your body as you lay in the tub. It is vital because you would not want to sit uncomfortably or slouch while you try to relax.
- 60-gallon water capacity
- 1-year limited warranty
- Has chrome drain finish, overflow drain, and pump
- CSA and cUPC certified
5. Evolution Undermount Whirlpool Fiberglass Bathtub by American Standard
The Evolution fiberglass bathtub from American Standard offers a whole new level of relaxation. The design easily complements any bathroom furnishing, so it can easily be considered as one of the best drop in whirlpool bathtub. Because it is made from acrylic and reinforced fiberglass, the tub is sturdy and can last for a long time. Added comfort is the dual armrests and a backrest.
The tub has a large water capacity, and you can install it yourself. The bottom is pre-leveled. The EverClean hydro-massage system feature has a patented antimicrobial supplement that protects the pipes from mildew, algae, fungus, and mold. The jets can be customized depending on your target body area.
- Made with acrylic and fiberglass
- Has dual and molded armrests
- The bottom is pre-leveled
- Undermount option
- 1-year limited warranty
6. White Rectangular Devonshire Acrylic Alcove Whirlpool Bathtub by Kohler
Having a lot of positive air tub reviews, this white Devonshire alcove bathtub by Kohler is likely one of the best bathtub models in the market. It has an antique and white finish design and a steady and durable hydro-massage system. Therefore, not only is it functional, but it is also aesthetically pleasing.
The transitional curved structure and acrylic construction make it durable and bright. It has an added convenience is its right-side drain. You get a spa-like experience because of the eight powerful jets, the heater, and the sophisticated pump. The factory-installed heater gives you control of the water temperature.
- Transitional design
- Eight color-matching whirlpool jets
- Heat-retaining material
7. Corner Combination Bathtub by Simba USA Inc
With its size, this uniquely-designed bathtub’s interior space can comfortably fit two medium-sized people with a headrest per person. It is one of the best whirlpool tubs for couples. The installation will not be a problem because it comes assembled upon delivery. You only need to connect hot or cold water to the hose and plug it in.
Enhancing the overall therapeutic experience is the color therapy feature. This bathtub has LED lights inside the tub. If you want to match these lights with music, it is possible with the speakers and radio. Therefore, you get physically and mentally relaxed.
- Four different massage features
- 12 whirlpool jets, air pump, and eight air nozzles
- Underwater LED light
- Padded headrests
- Radio with two loudspeakers
- Includes a shower wand and faucets
8. Aspen Walk-in Whirlpool Bathtub by Therapeutic Tubs
The best walk in tub has a simple-door operating mechanism so that entry and exit will be easy for those who have limited mobility. This walk-in whirlpool tub has that. Also, it has an auto-drain system that can drain water within 60 seconds. The friction heater also maintains the temperature of the water. There is no need to clean the jets because it has a self-cleaning feature.
The two metal handles ensure the safety of the user. The floor is also slip-resistant and textured. You do not need to think about the duration of your stay in this bathtub. Also, there is enough space to sit, stand, and soak in comfort.
Bathtubs from Therapeutic Tubs are known to specialize in walk-in baths. Therefore, it will meet your medical and safety needs.
- ADA compliant
- Made of acrylic
- Chromatherapy lights
- Six jets
- With faucets and handles
9. Lacus-Wht-Std Lacus Freestanding Soaking Bathtub by Aquatica
Many whirlpool tub reviews like this freestanding tub because it is made from sanitary grade and high-quality material. The wide-edge rim and square share makes sitting convenient and relaxing. You can get the ultimate comfort because the bathtub’s ergonomic design is made to form the shape of your body.
The depth and size are perfect for soaking your tired body after a long day. With its upscale, modern, freestanding, and striking structure, it is like having an outdoor pool inside your home. If you want a more refreshing spa-like experience, you can get the chromotherapy system and air massage features to make bathing more enjoyable.
- Solid one-piece structure
- Metal legs to adjust the height
- Ten years limited warranty
- Color does not fade
10. Fuzion Drop-In/Undermount Combination Bathtub by Jacuzzi
Having the right fixtures, this combination bathtub from Jacuzzi can turn your bathroom into a relaxing sanctuary. Therefore, you can have a spa right inside your bathroom. It is also very spacious, so you feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Because the drain is located at the center, it is more comfortable to use two people. Other tubs have the drain located at either end, so one of them has to sit on the drain directly. As a result, it can be uncomfortable.
- Has 14 jets and a pump
- Has drain assembly and overflow drain
- Made of acrylic
- Drain placement is at the center
11. W3260SP-01CMH Sparta Whirlpool by Clarke Products
This whirlpool bathtub has a clean, modern design to give an enjoyable bathing experience to anyone, no matter your size.
What customers say
Customers believe this is a great buy. They loved the minimalist design and the great functions and quiet running ability.
- Best features
- The hot tub has a flat lip
- It is manufactured from durable acrylic
- Has an overflow drain
- Installation is drop in with an undermount
- Comes complete with eight jets
12. American Standard EverClean Whirlpool Bathtub
A six-foot best jetted tub contender, this bathtub has a patented antimicrobial additive that is directly molded into the water circulation piping. This discourages the growth of mildew and mold in the piping system, keeping the tub cleaner for longer.
What customers say
Customers had quite a lot to say about this tub. They liked the strong jets, the deep-soaking ability of the tub, and the long length. The easy installation was also mentioned as well as how easy it is to clean.
- Best features
- The product incorporates ten fully adjustable clean jets for a great therapeutic massage
- Made of acrylic, the bathtub is reinforced with fiberglass for durability
- An antimicrobial additive is molded into the water circulation system, inhibiting mold and mildew growth
- Easy operational access is granted by means of three air volume controls
- Comfort is ensured by two molded armrests and lumbar support provided
- Tub floor is designed to be slip-resistant
- A heater connection is provided if you want to add a heater
13. KOHLER Archer Drop-in Whirlpool Bathtub
Probably one of the best air and whirlpool bathtubs we reviewed, the massage hydrotherapy experienced by the thousands of air bubbles that massage your body released by the 120 air jets gives your body a great massage. Add to this the clean, sophisticated beveled design, and you are ensured of a deep, comfortable soaking experience.
What customers say
Clients love the fact that this tub gives a gentle massage and lots of bubbles, while the air heat keeps the water warm for a long period. Also mentioned was that no water remains in the jets after use, which prevents mold from forming due to the purge cycle that blows any remaining water out of the tub’s jets. They also love that it is very easy to clean.
- Best features of this product
- The bathtub has 120 air jets
- Massage intensity is adjustable to 18 different levels by means of the variable-speed blower
- Sports a 19-inch step-over height while maintaining the same depth as a standard 21-inch bathtub
- Extra comfort is supplied by the molded lumbar support
- Has a reversible drain
14. Universal Tubs Sunstone Whirlpool Tub
This freestanding, oval-shaped bathtub has eight fully adjustable directional water jets – giving a great massage to aching muscles. It is also safe to use with aromatic oils and salts for a real spa-like experience.
What customers say
Customers like the fact that this tub is quite deep and value for money. They also commented on the great style and easy installation process.
- Best features of this bathtub
- Water is kept at a steady temperature due to a friction heater
- Sports a pneumatic button control
- Bathing salts and essential oils can be used safely with this bathtub
- A one-piece acrylic construction boasting a nonporous, easy to clean surface
- Has a fifty-gallon water capacity
15. BR-16W8-BI-R Whirlpool Bathtub by American Acrylic
A beautiful addition to any bathroom décor, the corner placement and step up puts this bathtub a contender for the title of best luxury bathtub any day.
What customers say
Three things stood out for customers who purchased this tub – the value for money, the easy assemble, and its stylishness.
- Best features of this bathtub
- A deep whirlpool corner bathtub
- Made of easy to clean, durable, acrylic
- Has an 84-gallon water capacity
- It is a freestanding unit with a center drain placement
What you should know before buying the perfect bathtub
It is not the same as buying a set of mugs for the kitchen where you just decide on the color and style. There is much more to than that.
What does your bathroom layout look like? Where would you put the bath? Where is your plumbing situated, and more importantly, your drain? How much space do you have?
By answering these questions, you know where the drain should sit in your bathtub, where your bathtub is to fit (making the type of bathtub you should look at easier) while taking your plumbing needs (do you need to make changes?) into consideration. And don’t forget, in the case of buying a bathtub, size does matter!
Choosing the Bathtub
Once you have the size and shape of your bathtub figured out, as well as placement of faucets and the drain, you need to decide on the specific features you want. In the case of more luxurious bathtubs, you need to decide on whether you want air jets, water jets, or a combination of both. Many bathtubs have the latter – it is just a question of finding them.
Then you need to look at the added extras. Some bathtubs have radios, Bluetooth connectivity, a hand shower, and a list of other added features. Many of these are mentioned in our product review section – do take a look and see what is available. You might be pleasantly surprised.
The last step
Now that you have drawn up a list that incorporates your limitations (usually determined by the bathroom space involved as well as the placement of the plumbing and draining), as well as your must-haves, wants, and nice-to-haves, it is time to go about looking for the best jetted tub, best Jacuzzi tub, or generally all-around combination tub for you. So have fun!
Whirlpool Bathtub FAQ
What is a whirlpool bathtub?
It is a kind of bathtub that has strong water jets to help you relax your tired muscles. Because its primary purpose is to give you a therapeutic soak, it is mostly big.
What is the difference between a whirlpool tub and a Jacuzzi?
“Jacuzzi” is a brand name, and “whirlpool tub” is a generic name. Both of them have a large water capacity, water jets, and other features and accessories.
What is the difference between jetted air and jetted whirlpool?
The main difference between these two is the mechanism. For jetted air, jets gather air, heat it, and move it through the water in the tub. As a result, there is a continuous and gentle roll of water. For jetted whirlpool, the jets get the water from the tub and shoot water jets with pressure at targeted areas of the body.
What should I look for when buying a whirlpool tub?
What you need to look out for when checking the best whirlpool tubs are size and weight, safety features, operations, and heating.
How long should you stay in a whirlpool?
You should only stay in a whirlpool bathtub for 20 minutes. Misuse is the main danger of any kind of bathtub.
Finally, among the ones we picked from this list, the best whirlpool bathtub is the Pedestal Whirlpool Bathtub from Ariel Bath. We love it because it is aesthetic and functional.
Aside from having a lot of hydro jets, it also has a lot of add-ons making the experience more relaxing. It is also low maintenance and affordable. You do not need any special tools or solutions to clean it.
Compared to other tubs from our whirlpool tub review, this one is packed with many features. One unique feature it has is the Bluetooth technology. From the tubs mentioned, it is the only one that offers this technology.
- 1 Health Benefits of Whirlpool Baths
- 2 15 Best Whirlpool Bathtub Reviews
- 2.1 1. Pedestal Whirlpool Bathtub by Ariel Bath
- 2.2 2. Freestanding Combination Bathtub by WoodBridge
- 2.3 3. Capricia Whirlpool Bathtub by Spa Escapes
- 2.4 4. Higgenbotham Freestanding Air and Whirlpool Bathtub by Orren Ellis
- 2.5 5. Evolution Undermount Whirlpool Fiberglass Bathtub by American Standard
- 2.6 6. White Rectangular Devonshire Acrylic Alcove Whirlpool Bathtub by Kohler
- 2.7 7. Corner Combination Bathtub by Simba USA Inc
- 2.8 8. Aspen Walk-in Whirlpool Bathtub by Therapeutic Tubs
- 2.9 9. Lacus-Wht-Std Lacus Freestanding Soaking Bathtub by Aquatica
- 2.10 10. Fuzion Drop-In/Undermount Combination Bathtub by Jacuzzi
- 2.11 11. W3260SP-01CMH Sparta Whirlpool by Clarke Products
- 2.12 12. American Standard EverClean Whirlpool Bathtub
- 2.13 13. KOHLER Archer Drop-in Whirlpool Bathtub
- 2.14 14. Universal Tubs Sunstone Whirlpool Tub
- 2.15 15. BR-16W8-BI-R Whirlpool Bathtub by American Acrylic
- 3 What you should know before buying the perfect bathtub
- 4 Whirlpool Bathtub FAQ
- 5 Conclusion